July 31, 2013
Is Nora’s Death a Catalyst for Eric’s Revenge?
So last week in HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 6 we lost Terry Bellefleur (Todd Lowe) and Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard). This week, in Episode 7, entitled In the Evening, it’s Nora Gainesborough’s (Lucy Griffiths) turn. While fans were expecting it after she was injected in the previous episode with Hepatitis V, it was still sad. Not to mention the fact that her sibling’s response (Eric Northman, played brilliantly by Alexander Skarsgard) tore at our heartstrings.
But will this be Eric’s incentive for revenge? Will we see a return to the brutal Viking we know and love? And how do you even begin to shoot a scene where the dying vampire dissolves into a puddle of goo? Well, Lucy Griffiths can answer that last question one for you:
I had to have a tube next to my head and they had to pump all the blood through it, to make it look like I was melting, before they added the CGI. So I was covered in blood, covered head to toe, and it was so cold. It feels quite strange! The vein effects right before that were part transfers and make-up and post-production.
While this scene was tricky to perform, it was the flashback scenes that felt the strangest to Griffiths. She likened it to being on the set of a completely different show.
Now that Nora has died, there is also that pesky little fact that no one knows about the apparent incorrect interpretation of the Vampire Bible. Is this a dead end story line, or could the true meaning be revealed later on in the season? Only time will tell – and that time is quickly running out with the True Blood Season 6 finale fast approaching!
You can read the full interview with Lucy Griffiths by Vulture by clicking here.
Were you sad to see Nora die in HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 7? Who do you think will die next? Let us know your views in the comments below!
Source: Vulture – True Blood’s Lucy Griffiths on Nora’s Hepatitis V and Her Emotional Moment with Eric
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc./Rachel Tsoumbakos)
July 31, 2013
Astra Awards, sharks at Manly, his Rugby team, the Balmain Tigers:
Best known for his role of werewolf Alcide Herveaux in HBO’s True Blood, Joe Manganiello has been visiting Australia’s shores promoting Season 6 of the hit series as he attended the Astra awards last week.
Not his first visit to Australia, he actually came out here in 2005 with the band Goldfinger, for whom he was a roadie. That 20 hour Australian stopover coincided with the Balmain Tigers winning the premiership that year and so the rugby passion began. Joe donned his beloved team’s, black, white and gold jersey at a match at Campbelltown on Monday night after meeting the team.
His girlfriend, model Bridget Peters, has been accompanying him on this trip and they dove for over an hour in the Manly Sea Life Sanctuary with a shiver of grey nurse sharks.
After Joe hit dry land again he declared it was,
“One of the most unbelievable experiences of my life.”
While appearing on Channel 10’s The Project, sexual insinuations and hose jokes aside, Joe was asked the tough questions. When asked if he’d had any interesting or crazy experiences with the fans, here’s what he had to say:
“I have really interesting fan encounters all the time…. [at Comic Con] My latest fan encounter where, we speak on a panel in front of about 5000 fans every year so, the roar is deafening when you walk out onto that stage….when the cheering kinda subsided, this one lone husky male voice, in the vein of Buffalo Bill from ‘Silence of the Lambs’ said ‘Joe, I love you” and I almost expected the follow up to be ‘put the lotion in the basket’… the deepest huskies male voice I’ve ever heard say I love you! ”
Talking about his time on Magic Mike he also shared the thing that was most requested was the fireman suit:
“I don’t understand it” he said.
Oh but Joe, we do…. It’s hot!
As a child he’d prayed to god to become a werewolf, having been told by the nuns that if you prayed hard enough you got what you wanted. When he got the call for True Blood, it seemed that those prayers have been answered.
I know I speak for a lot of women here; ‘thank you’ to who ever answered those prayers!
The Herald Sun 30 July 2013 – True Blood star Joe Manganiello goes swimming with the sharks at Manly after cheering on Wests Tigers
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
July 31, 2013
And Then There Were Three…Left:
We are down to the final three episodes of HBO’s Season 6 hit series True Blood, and yet there seems to be so much left to be revealed! Viewers were left shocked last week when Eric Northman’s(Alexander Skarsgard) sister, Nora Gainseborough(Lucy Griffiths) met the true death. In a last ditch effort to save her life Eric was forced to suck up his pride and reach out to Billith(Stephen Moyer), but even Billith’s blood was not enough to save Nora from the perils of Hep V!
Check out the promo to Season 6’s Episode 8 here! Sookie’s(Anna Paquin) loyalties will be put to the test like never before!
Source: YouTube: True Blood 6×08 Promo “Dead Meat”
(Photo Credit) Wetpaint.com
July 31, 2013
So, what did everyone think of HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 7, entitled In the Evening? Did you find yourself laughing out loud? Crying into your Tru Blood? Let us know which quote is your favourite by commenting below!
Source: Rachel Tsoumbakos – MEMES: True Blood Season 7 – Episode 6 #TBQuotes
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc./Rachel Tsoumbakos)
July 30, 2013
Tickets Are to Go on Sale Early, So Get in Quick!
Truebie fans who live near the University Theatre in New Haven will be able to catch Manganiello – in the flesh – with the Yale Repertory Theatre production of Tennessee Williams’ A Streetcar Named Desire. This production will be directed by Mark Rucker.
Tickets will go on sale on Monday August 12th 2013. The stage production runs from September 20th to October 12th 2013, so make sure you get in early to order your tickets!
For further ticket sale information, please call 203-432-1234 or visit www.yalerep.org
Source: The Courant – Tickets On Sale Early For ‘Streetcar’ Starring Joe Manganiello
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
July 29, 2013
Season 6 Starts to Bring Everything Together:
So what did everyone think of HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 7, entitled In the Evening? While it wasn’t my favorite episode of this season, it was still a goodie and I can definitely feel a drawing together of all the story lines. With only a few sweet episodes left…
This is what went down:
- Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) works out pretty quickly what’s going down with the Hepatitis V/Tru Blood contamination
- The breech is discovered at Vamp Camp – Eric still manages to escape with an ailing Nora (Lucy Griffiths) though
- Willa’s (Amelia Rose Blaire) still floating around with her severed hand, getting into places she isn’t allowed to be. She tells Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) about the Hepatitis V contamination. However, Pam tells Willa to shut her trap about the Hep V – and with good reason. If no vampires are drinking it, then it’s a dead giveaway that they know about the contamination. So, with the exception of Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) and Tara (Rutina Wesley), it seems the rest of the vamp crew at Vamp Camp are about to bite the dust
- Eric takes Nora to Billith and begs for him to fix her. While Nora is having no part of it (and we discover her stubbornness goes back to before she was turned), Billith ends up giving her his blood. It doesn’t work and we are left with a devastated Eric when Nora finally dies and ends up a puddle of goo in his lap
- Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) discovers Governor Burrell’s (Arliss Howard)head – can anyone say necrophilia? Ew! The dead head kissing scene is GROSS! But, Sarah goes on to be her so-good-to-be-bad self and declares that no one need know about the Gov.’s death AND MANAGES TO PULL IT OFF!
- Sookie and Benlow talk marriage and THAT contract. Then Sookie hears Arlene (Carrie Preston) crying and light beams out of fairyland to help her friend in her hour of need. Arlene (of course) spills her guts over everything: the glamour, Terry’s visit toLafayette (Nelsan Ellis); the whole kit and caboodle. Sookie goes back to the Bellefleur house and we find Andy (Chris Bauer) holding up remarkably well. Porcia (Courtney Ford) has arrived and Adeline (previously fairy #1) are there too. Sookie makes telepathy with Adeline and then her and Lala go off to check out what’s in Terry’s safety deposit box – can anyone say $2,000,000.00?
- Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell) finds out about Terry and sends Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) back home to mummy while he prepares to return to Bon Temps. Shame Rikki (Kelly Overton) picks up Nicole and her mum and calls Alcide’s (Joe Manganiello) bluff when he announces to his pack that they (along with Sam) are dead. Whoops. Although, things FINALLY got interesting in the werewolf story line…
- Jessica gets a visit from Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten). After a bit of a chat and a clearing up of why he’s in armour, Jess asks for Jason to bring her James (Luke Grimes). Yummy! Yes, there is gratuitous nudity. Yes, we all have a new team to drool over (so long as he stops being so tortured about his existence). Yes, Jessica tells him about the Hep V. Hope James doesn’t end up a goo puddle though…
- So Sarah can now tell Jason that his leverage with the Governor is gone. Hang on, weren’t we keeping this a secret Sarah? Oh well, Jason’s being chucked in gen pop, so I guess that’s a moot point. Luckily, Tara is there to defend him against all the other vampires. Except for that quiet queen-bee that HBO has been waving seductively in front of our noses for the last few episodes. Who IS she? And why does she think she can stake a claim over Jason?
- Billith looks increasing like Tom Cruise in this episode. Are HBO having a dig at Scientology here? This is even funnier when you’ve seen the recent photo taken of Tom Cruise showing up at the True Blood table at Comic-Con 2013. You can check out Sam Trammell’s reaction here.
- Billith offers sympathy to the Bellefleur’s – his family – over the loss of Terry. Except we all know it’s just because he wants some fairy blood. Oh wait, was that a THREAT to Andy, Billith? I won’t kill your baby if you don’t kill mine? We don’t believe you Billy boy!
- HBO still can’t make a guy look any good in a wig. Although, Eric looking all Interview With a Vampire is probably the best attempt they’ve had so far
- Pam gets all hot and heavy with her therapist – to get into gen pop. What’s she up to?
- Billith tries
guiltto enlist Sookie to bring him Warlow. Will she do it?
So, what did you think of Episode 7, In the Evening?
Source: Rachel Tsoumbakos – IN A NUTSHELL: True Blood Season 6, Episode 7 Recap
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
July 28, 2013
Meet a New Character and a Dilemma for Sookie:
With the finale for HBO’s True Blood Season 6 approaching faster than a speeding train, fans are starting to wonder how Season 6 will end. With that in mind, we now have the synopsis for Episode 8, entitled Dead Meat, for you:
Sookie (Anna Paquin) faces a major dilemma in deciding whether to broker a deal between Warlow (Rob Kazinsky) and Bill (Stephen Moyer). Over in vamp camp, Jason (Ryan Kwanten) gets to know Violet (Karolina Wydra), while Sarah (Anna Camp) goes to extremes to keep Tru Blood flowing. Alcide (Joe Manganiello) makes a decision that will impact the futures of Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) and Sam (Sam Trammell).
Well, well, well, so much to ponder over for the next week or so until this episode screens.
Why is Sookie trying to broker a deal with Warlow and Bill? What has changed in her life for her to consider this? Who is Violet? Will she help or hinder Jason’s attempts at freeing the vampires he now cares about? If Eric knows that Tru Blood is infected with Hepatitis V, then why is it still in production? Why hasn’t Eric notified everyone? And, finally, how will Alcide screw up Sam and Nicole’s lives even further?
I guess we just have to wait to find out – but waiting sure does suck!
What do you think will happen this week in Episode 7, In the Evening, that will then impact what happens in Episode 8, Dead Meat? Let us know in the comments below.
Source: SpoilerTV – True Blood – Episode 6.08 – Dead Meat – Press Release
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
July 28, 2013
Chloe Who? The 10 Year-Old Werepuppy, is who!
This week Truebies have been furiously debating the pros and cons of losing Terry Bellefleur (Todd Lowe) in HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 7. There has also been plenty of talk about the earlier than expected demise of Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard). Comic-Con has, as well, played a huge part in this week’s True Blood related interests.
But many have forgotten about someone else who left the show this week – 10 year-old Chloe Noelle. Chloe played Luna’s (Janina Gavankar) daughter, Emma. Last week’s episode saw Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell) return Emma to her paternal grandmother, Martha Bozeman (played by Dale Dickey). Recently, USA Today caught up with Chloe Noelle to find out a little bit more about this amazing young actress.
While Noelle didn’t confirm whether she would return to True Blood at a later date, she did have this to say about her character leaving:
Yeah, I am pretty sad. I’m going to miss my friends on the set — I might not see them again. But in the storyline, I’m with someone who is related to me and is sort of the same type as me, so that’s good. It’s just that I really wanted (Emma) to be with Sam. I think he’s better for Emma, because she knows him better.
Whether she prefers Sam or Joe Manganiello (who plays Alcide Herveaux) in real life, she just couldn’t decide.
While Noelle is too young to watch the show, her mom has let her watch some scenes that involve Chloe directly. However, her normal TV viewing, is more age appropriate, including The Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Teen Titans and Modern Family.
But there is one thing she loves about working on True Blood – all the bloody goo. While she informs USA Today, that this goo is made from Ramen and cherry sauce, she was saddened when her own ‘goo’ scene was cut from the show:
There’s a scene… where I was running away from The Authority. We were shooting all these vampires, and they were turning into piles of goo. I love that horror stuff. I got to touch some of the goo — it was so cool. It’s really sticky, but it’s warm.
While Chloe is no longer commited to True Blood, you will still be able to see her weekly news segment every Tuesday on Fox 5 San Diego.
You can read Chloe’s full interview here.
Source: USAToday.com – Q&A: 10-year-old ‘True Blood’ star Chloe Noelle
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
July 27, 2013
True Blood Star Rob Kazinsky Teases the Best is Yet to Come:
Truebies Rejoice! Rob Kazinsky, the faery-vampire hybrid obsessed with Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) teases that some of his best scenes on True Blood are yet to be seen. A fan on Twitter asked him what the highlight of his experience on the show has been so far, and his reply was:
That’s all still to come!
Whoa! Does this mean there are more exploding light sex scenes with Sookie? A fight with Bilith (Stephen Moyer) perhaps? Fans can’t wait to find out!
Apart from his role as Ben/Warlow, Kazinsky stars in the action/sci-fi flick Pacific Rim, out in theaters now.
Source: Wetpaint.com – True Blood Season 6: Rob Kazinsky’s Favorite Moment is Still to Come!
Photo credit: HBO/John P. Johnson
July 26, 2013
Jessica Hamby Gets A Surprise Visit:
This sneak peek video of HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 7, entitled, In the Evening, is a short but, oh, so sweet one! We are tantalised by the fact that Jessica Hamby (Deborah Ann Woll) is hauled out of the general population of Vamp Camp and taken to a room where she is greeted by none other than her previous flame, Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten). We know that Jason is fighting the good fight now – but Jessica sure doesn’t!
Soirce: YouTube – True Blood Season 6: Episode #7 Clip – Surprise Visit
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)