August 29, 2013
Find Out Which Shows and Movies Will Contain True Blood Regulars:
Why, check out the True Blood cast in other movies and TV shows, of course! There are plenty to pick from. We have included a list below, but we are sure we have missed some since the True Blood actors are such a talented bunch and in such high demand. If you know of any others, let us know in the comments below and we’ll add it to the list.
- Kristen Bauer van Straten (Pam in True Blood), has been cast alongside Cary Elwes in the offbeat comedy Teen Lust. This has been acquired by Entertainment One and production started in mid-August in Canada
- Janina Gavankar (Luna Garcia) has a couple of roles coming up in TV shows. Firstly, you can watch her in The Vampire Diaries, which premieres it’s fifth season on October 5th 2013. Gavankar stars as Tessa, a woman returning to Mystic Falls to rekindle an old romance. Her stint on this show starts in Episode 3. Secondly, you can see Janina in CW’s web series Husbands. She will star in the show as a trophy wife of sorts – and has possibly killed someone to that position! This certainly sounds intriguing.
- Stephen Moyer has a couple of things going on also. If you like The Sound of Music, then you’d better get excited now, since Moyer will be reprising the role of Capt. George Von Trapp in NBC’s version of this classic movie. Carrie Underwood will play Maria; the role Julie Andrews made famous. If DVDs or BlyRays are your thing, then why not pick up a copy of the newly released movie Evidence? It stars Moyer, Radha Mitchell, and another True Blood star, Dale Dickey (Martha).
- Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte) has been cast to play Shailene Woodley’s father in Fox’s The Fault in Our Stars. In fact, Sam has been very busy of late with several other movies, so you will also need to track down: Crazy Kind of Love, The Aftermath, Things People Do and Me.
- Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica Hamby) has some movies due for release also. Meet Me in Montenegro is the first movie and Woll stars alongside Homeland‘s Rupert Friend. The second movie will be a real treat as it also co-stars Luke Grimes (who played Jessica’s romantic vampire interest, James, in True Blood Season 6. Both of these movies are in post-production.
- Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds) is currently starring in The Butler as Martin Luther King Jr.
- Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux) has just signed up for Magic Mike’s sequel. He also just finished filming alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in the upcoming movie Sabotage.
- Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton) will also be starring alongside another True Blood cast member, Pruitt Taylor Vince, in 13 Sins. Pruitt Taylor Vince played Dr Finn, a therapist at Vamp Camp in True Blood Season 6
- Sad to see Steve Newlin die in Season 6? Well, don’t fear, you can see Michael McMillian in the upcoming movie The Banshee Chapter. This is a supernatural thriller that follows a journalist investigating the disappearance of a friend.
- Speaking of Newlin’s – Anna Camp (who plays Steve’s ex-wife, Sarah Newlin) has a couple of TV shows coming up. Camp will play the ex-girlfriend of main character Brody in TBS’ new sitcom Ground Floor. She will also appear in Season 9 of How I Met Your Mother, playing the part of a troublesome wedding guest.
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell has just been cast in Season 5 of Parenthood. She will play the role of Heather Hall, who is the campaign manager for cast regular Kristina (Monica Potter). Parenthood will return to our screens on Thursday, September 26 2013.
- Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse) is currently soaking up the sun in Rio, but prior to that he has been very busy and has several movies in various stages of completion. Make sure you keep a look out for: Reach Me, The Right Kind of Wrong, 7500 and Knights of Badassdom.
- Tara Buck (Ginger the Screamer) also has several movies coming up: The Night Visitor, Home, My Mother is Not a Fish and Medeas. And, of course, if you’re in Australia, you can catch Tara Buck in the flesh at Club Fangtasia in November.
- Finally, remember Luna’s daughter, Emma? She was played by the adorable little actress Chloe Noelle. Recently, Noelle confirmed on Twitter that she had just signed up for a new TV show. She hasn’t said which one yet, but make sure you follow her on Twitter to find out.
Sources: Variety.com – ‘Teen Lust’ Lures Cary Elwes, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Jesse Carere
TV Line – Vampire Diaries Exclusive: True Blood’s Janina Gavankar Relocates to Mystic Falls
TV Guide – Exclusive: CW’s Web Series Husbands Adds Cast Members from True Blood, CollegeHumor
BroadwayWorld.com – EVIDENCE, Stephen Moyer Coming to Blu-ray/DVD 8/20
TV Guide – True Blood’s Stephen Moyer Joins NBC’s The Sound of Music
Global Post – ‘True Blood’s’ Sam Trammell Joins Shailene Woodley in ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ (Exclusive)
FrontiersLA.com – Here’s How to Keep Up with the ‘True Blood’ Cast
TV Line – Exclusive: It’s a Pitch Perfect Reunion as Anna Camp Guest Stars on TBS’ Ground Floor
Screen Crush – ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Final Season: ‘Office’s Ellie Kemper Out, ‘True Blood’s Anna Camp in
Huffington Post – Jurnee Smollett-Bell Joins ‘Parenthood’ Season 5
IMDb – Ryan Kwanten
IMDb – Tara Buck
Twitter – Chloe Noelle status
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
August 28, 2013
Last Chance to Meet True Blood Stars in Australia:
Yesterday TrueBloodNet announced the arrival of the exclusive pre-sale tickets for mail subscribers to the Club Fangtasia website. Today we can announce that 63% of the allocated VIP tickets are already sold – and normal sales haven’t even commenced yet!
Sales will be available to the general public from tonight (9pm AEST Wednesday 28th August) and will be available by clicking here. So Australian fans need to get in fast to secure your one and only chance to rub shoulders with True Blood celebrities in 2013.
In previous years Australia has held at least one True Blood convention along with Seamus O’Toole’s famous Club Fangtasia event. This year though, no conventions have been scheduled and with the limited amount of tickets available for this premium event, you will be kicking yourself if you miss out on this golden opportunity. And once the tickets are sold, not even the blood of Lilith herself of Ginger’s shrill screams will get you past the doors! However, regardless of whether you purchase VIP tickets or general admission, you are guaranteed a bloody good time!
As we confirmed yesterday, so far Club Fangtasia have secured Tara Buck (Ginger the screamer) and Jessica Clark (Lilith). Tara Buck enthusiastically took to Twitter yesterday to announce her excitement:
And while there are still 68 sleeps until Club Fangtasia’s Halloween event, there is still plenty of time for more True Blood stars to sign up.
Who would you like to see at this event? And have you got your costume sorted yet? I have, but I’m not giving away any clues. If you want to see who I will be dressing as, you will have to buy your ticket now and check out my costume on the night 😉
Source: Club Fangtasia – Facebook page
Tara Buck – Twitter
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
August 27, 2013
Brian Buckner is in Negotiations Over True Blood Season 7 – Is This the End?
Some trubie fans were initially surprised to hear that HBO’s True Blood would be renewed for a seventh season. Many citing the confusing story lines as the reason why they were turning off. New showrunner, Brian Buckner, however, took a jumble of story lines left over from True Blood Season 5 and streamlined it into a Season 6 which made many fans tune back in. With the shock ending of the Season 6 finale, many fans are now claiming they won’t be back to see how Brian Buckner fixes everything again.
But will True Blood Season 7 be the final season?
Brian Buckner is not planning to give everything away but he did have this to say to TVLine about the possibility of a True Blood Season 8:
That conversation is happening, but we don’t have an answer yet. I’m being told that I will know – which doesn’t mean that I will tell everybody. But I will know when the writers resume in the room [next month] whether or not we’re wrapping it up or not.
HBO president, Michael Lombardo, has also stated in the past that True Blood will run for as long as there is a story to tell.
With the writers heading back on September 3rd to put their heads together for the Season 7 story lines, it is anyone’s guess as to whether they will be told to wrap things up.
I guess we’ll just have to wait until the announcement in made sometime during Season 7 – #WaitingSucks!
Do you think fans will get to see True Blood Season 8? Let us know in the comments below.
Sources: TV Line – True Blood End Date ‘Conversation Is Happening’ — Should Season 7 Be the Show’s Last?
Entertainment Weekly– ‘True Blood’ season finale: EP Brian Buckner answers burning questions
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
August 27, 2013
Tara Buck and Jessica Clark Confirmed as Attending Club Fangtasia This Year:
With the announcement of another Club Fangtasia event in Australia this year, fans have been anxious to find out prices along with which True Blood stars will be attending the event on November the 4th.
So when the following announcement was made on the Club Fangtasia Facebook page today, fans frantically began hitting refresh in their inbox, in anticipation of news:
Well, that email has FINALLY arrived and TrueBloodNet can confirm that the following True Blood stars will be attending Club Fangtasia at Seamus O’Toole’s this year:
- Ginger (Tara Buck) – yes, she had so much fun partying down under last year that she is glad to return to Club Fangtasia!
- Lilith (Jessica Clark) – here’s your chance to mingle with an actual goddess!
- A little birdy has told me that there just might be another True Blood star or two attending, so make sure you check back here regularly to find out more…
So What are the Ticket Prices?
Tickets are strictly limited, so make sure you get in early to purchase your one and only chance to meet True Blood cast members in Australia in 2013!
Source: Club Fangtasia – Mailing List
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc./ClubFangtasia.com.au)
August 27, 2013
This year’s True Blood Halloween Event at Seamus O’Toole’s is Set to Rock!
So far two True Blood stars have been confirmed as attending, but if you stick around long enough, you just never know who else may rock up from Bon Temps and Shreveport.
Seamus O’Toole’s is hosting this very special event and it will be your only chance to rub shoulders with your favorite True Blood actors this year since there are no other events or conventions organized for 2013.
Fans who have joined the Club Fangtasia mailing list will be able to order their tickets early, with pre-sale tickets being offered from 9pm AEST on the27th August – yes, that’s today! So you’re not on the mailing list yet? Then head on over to the Club Fangtasia website and join up now! Otherwise you will have to wait until 9am AEST on Thursday 29th August to purchase tickets – and by then they could all be gone!
Tickets are strictly limited this year so you need to get in as early as possible to avoid missing out on this awesome opportunity. You have the choice of VIP or General Admission tickets.
So what does a VIP ticket get you?
- Priority Access into Club Fangtasia and entry into the VIP room
- Access to mingle with the True Blood actors throughout the evening
- A choice of 2 Free cocktails from World Champion Cocktail Barman Jamie Chesher who will only be serving from the upstairs VIP bar
- A personalised signed photo of each actor present
- A pesonalised photo taken with the actors available for free download from the Club Fangtasia Facebook Page
- A vast array of home-made canapes available throughout the evening
But don’t despair if you miss out on this golden opportunity, General Admission will get a chance to see the stars in the flesh also, as they will be making brief appearances on stage downstairs throughout the night.
General Admission Gets you:
- Access into Club Fangtasia
- Access to Club Fangtasia’s photo booth
- Access to purchase personalised signed posters from the actors
- Entry into door prizes competition
- Best dressed competition for $200 cash
- Stage interaction with the actors
Make sure you check back here regularly as we will shortly be announcing which True Blood stars will be attending this year’s Club Fangtasia Halloween event at Seamus O’Toole’s.
In the meantime, why not check out last year’s event by viewing our exclusive TrueBloodNet interview with Marshall Allman (Tommy Mickens) and Tara Buck (Ginger the screamer) by clicking here. Also, you can check out my recap of the 2012 Club Fangtasia event by clicking here.
Source: Club Fangtasia – Facebook page/Press Release
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc./ClubFangtasia.com.au)
August 26, 2013
Who Has Been Promoted to Series Regulars on True Blood?
It has been confirmed that Alexander Skarsgard (who plays Eric Northman) will be returning in Season 7, although in what sort of a capacity is yet to be seen. Showrunner Brian Buckner first announced he will return, but then backtracked by saying that the way in which he returns could be questionable.
But there are now three more names to add to the line up as series regulars for True Blood Season 7:
- Amelia Rose Blaire. Amelia plays newly turned vampire Willa Burrell, the daughter of the anti-vampire, Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) loving Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard). It will be very interesting to see how the dynamics between Willa, her maker Eric Northman, and her vampire sibling Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) play out over Season 7
- Karolina Wydra. Wydra played the vampire obssessed with Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten), Violet Mazurski. It seems Jason will be sexually frustrated a while longer with Violet being the ‘hard to get’ kind of vampire.
- Luke Grimes. James plays the newest vampire spunk, James. He and Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) are currently an item and many fans are excited to be seeing more of James in Season 7
Who do you think will last to see the end of True Blood Season 7? Who’s relationships will last? Let us know in the comments below.
Source: Enstars.com – ‘True Blood’ Season 7 Spoilers: Amelia Rose Blaire & Others Promoted to Series Regular Status [VIDEO, News]
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
August 25, 2013
True Blood Season 6 Ended With a Scene Reminiscent of AMC’s The Walking Dead:
Many fans were left scratching their heads and wondering if they had tuned into AMC’s The Walking Dead when the very last scene of True Blood Season 6 aired. A rabid band of vampires were approaching Bellefleur’s (previously called Merlotte’s) where a large group of Bon Temps residents were attending a special social organized by Sam Merlotte, the new mayor of Bon Temps. This group of ravenous vampires are infected with Hep V. They are sickly with blood running down their chins and moans a-plenty between them. With this, fans immediately took to social media to draw the comparison between the vampires of True Blood and the zombies of The Walking Dead.
But is this what True Blood showrunner, Brian Buckner, has in store for Season 7?
And why are these Hep V infected vampires living longer than Nora (Lucy Griffiths) did when she was first infected?
Here’s what Brian Buckner had to say to TVLine’s Michael Ausiello:
We did say that the virus had mutated, and we get to decide what those mutations are. Perhaps the demand for human blood goes up and that’s the only thing that keeps vampires with Hep V alive… That’s another reason for the time passage. Just like bacteria mutates and that’s why there are antibiotic-resistant strains. So what applied to Nora doesn’t necessarily apply to this gang. And they’re not zombies… In my somewhat limited zombie-genre experience, zombies are not organized. They’re just hunting-killing machines. So what was meant to come across there was that they’re organized, they’re in a formation, they’re hunting, they’re sentient, they can talk. They still have intellect.
Buckner also confirmed with Entertainment Weekly that the Hep V infected vampires are a little different to the vampires we are used to on True Blood:
They’re weaker and driven by a need to eat in a way that the vampires that we’ve come to know are not. They have to drink human blood in larger quantities and more frequently than before.
It also appears that there was concern among the writers that the last scene of True Blood Season 6 would draw The Walking Dead comparisons, something they didn’t necessarily want. They really didn’t want fans thinking they were jumping on the zombie bandwagon. However, with sick vampires on the loose, mutating and looking for human prey, it was hard not to create a scene like this. There was, however, a definite reassurance that True Blood Season 7 would not follow the path of the zombie.
What do you think? Let us know in the comments below.
Sources: TVLine – True Blood Scoop: Alexander Skarsgard’s Season 7 Fate Revealed! Plus — EP Talks That Nude Scene, Bill-Sookie-Alcide Triangle and More
Entertainment Weekly – ‘True Blood’ season finale: EP Brian Buckner answers burning questions
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
August 25, 2013
TrueBloodNet.com would like to wish Alexander a very happy birthday! May all your wishes come true!
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
August 22, 2013
Well, HBO’s True Blood Season 6 is over – what did you think of the finale? What did you think of the whole season? How do you think True Blood Season 7 will pan out? And, more importantly, what do you think will be the outcome of Eric Northman’s (Alexander Skarsgard) naked book reading expedition?
There were a LOT of quotes in Episode 10 (entitled Radioactive), so the finale memes post for Season 6 is larger than the others. I haven’t included all of the outstanding quotes, but did I include your favorite?
Let us know what you thought of the True Blood Season 6 finale by commenting below!
Source: Rachel Tsoumbakos – MEMES: True Blood Season 6 Finale – Episode 10 #TBQuotes
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc./Rachel Tsoumbakos)
August 22, 2013
Will Alcide and Sookie Become True Blood’s Faerie Tale Romance?:
The Season 6 Finale of True Blood flashed forward 6 months and showed a very happy and in love, Sookie(Anna Paquin) and Alcide(Joe Manganiello). Sookie has sworn off vampires(for maybe the 100th time) so we are sure that Sookie and Alcide will live happily ever after…NOT! Though Alcide is the suitor closest to a human that Sookie has fallen for in the 6 seasons(with the exception of Sam), it makes sense that the storyline would put these two together(since Sam is no longer available).
TVline.com got an exclusive interview with True Blood Show Runner, Brian Buckner and he dished on the Season 7 Alcide/Sookie Scoop!
“The show has flirted with a Sookie and Alcide romance for years. Why was now the right time to pull the trigger on that?
In a world where almost everybody is a creature of some kind, Alcide is the most human of all of our creatures. Now, that’s not to say that it was his most human season. We all felt the same thing that the audience was feeling, which was that Alcide needed to come back to center. So it was that as much as anything else. And it was also that Sookie’s going to put her money where her mouth is and say “no more vampires.” She got into it with Warlow without knowing he was a vampire, so she was trying. But this shows growth for Sookie. I mean, I suppose he’s a hunk, so at least she’s still getting her piece. [Laughs] He’s the most normal, most human, most down-to-earth of any of her suitors. To me, with Eric gone and off on his own story going forward, I think it’s a pretty obvious triangle we’re setting up between Bill and Sookie and Alcide.”
To see the entire interview check out the link below!
I only have two issue with the Sookie/Alcide love story…Didn’t Eric glamour Alcide into never touching Sookie? Wasn’t Sookie supposed to repulse Alcide? I may have missed the un-glamour moment…What do you think Truebies? Is there a contradiction here? Number two, I love the Eric/Sookie/Bill love triangle…not sure the Alcide/Sookie/Bill triangle is going to do it for me!
Source: TVline.com-True Blood Scoop: Alexander Skarsgard’s Season 7 Fate Revealed! Plus-EP Talks to That Nude Scene, Bill-Sookie-Alcide Triangle and More
(Photo Credit) HBO.com