5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About True Blood’s Joe Manganiello
September 26, 2013 by Rachel Tsoumbakos
Hunky Werewolf Actor, Joe Manganiello, Talks to Elle Magazine:
Fans of HBO’s True Blood know Joe Manganiello as the resident werewolf, Alcide Herveaux. Recently Joe opened up to Elle magazine about what it’s like to play perpetually good-looking people. Trubies know the actor is certainly a lot smarter than the roles he is picked to play, yet Mickey Rapkin from Elle managed to find out a few more hidden surprises about Joe Manganiello:
- Did you know Joe’s first crush was Princess Leia? When Joe actually met the actress who played Princess Leia, Carrie Fisher, he was in for a shock – she suggested they get married! All in the name of good reality TV mind you, but Joe still claims he very nearly didn’t make it past that meeting without walking down the aisle with her.
- As a 16 year old, Joe used to dress up as Captain Morgan and work at bars – and his mom would even drive him to work! Even though Joe was underage, he still managed to make $25 an hour for his appearances.
- Joe Manganiello is not at all like Alexander Skarsgard (who plays Viking vampire, Eric Northman, in True Blood) when it comes to nudity! While Skarsgard was happy to forgo the flesh colored thong in the True Blood Season 6 finale, Joe finds being naked in front of the camera somewhat of an uncomfortable experience.
- When it comes to his love life, Joe is very hesitant to speak ill of the women he’s dated. But he will say that if he is to break up with a woman, he always tries to leave them in a gentlemanly way.
- Joe can thank the movie Magic Mike for giving him the power of dance! Before he played a male stripper in this iconic movie, Joe was the kind of guy who avoided the dance floor. Now, after Magic Mike, he has enough moves up his sleeve to lose his fear of dancing.
Source: Elle – Joe Manganiello Knows What Women Want
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)