July 22, 2014
Truebies Can Check Out the Latest Instagram ‘Thank You’ Videos:
Truebies are honored during this final season of HBO’s True Blood with the hash tag #GoodbyesSuck and a slew of thank you videos from the cast on social media sites, including Instagram. You can check out each Instragram video below for the following True Blood cast: Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton), Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds), Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux), Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte) and Tara Buck (Ginger the screamer). All you need to do is click on each image and it will take you straight to their personal Instagram video message on True Blood’s official Instagram page (truebloodhbo) Be sure to check back for more later on! *EDIT: We now have the final list of Instagram thank you videos!*
Raise a glass of Tru Blood for Rutina Wesley as she thanks fans for support and love throughout the years. #GoodbyesSuck #TrueBlood
A message of thanks to all of the LaLa fans from Nelsan Ellis. #GoodbyesSuck #TrueBlood
@JoeManganiello is “grateful for all of your support,” Truebies. #TrueToTheEnd #TrueBlood
“You went on this ride with us & it was so fun.” Sam Trammell thanks all of the Truebies for experiencing Bon Temps with him. #TrueToTheEnd #TrueBlood #GoodbyesSuck
@RyanKwanten says thanks to the Truebies “for showing us that it’s okay to be a little bit different.” #TrueToTheEnd #TrueBlood #GoodbyesSuck
Your favorite baby vamp Deborah Ann Woll wants all Truebies to know that they “made this show what it is.” #TrueToTheEnd #TrueBlood #GoodbyesSuck
A tearful goodbye. Kristin Bauer van Straten sends her thanks to all loyal Truebies for their support. #TrueToTheEnd #TrueBlood #GoodbyesSuck
We literally couldn’t do this without you. “ @_AnnaPaquin sends her love to all Truebies out there. #RIPTrueBlood #TrueToTheEnd #GoodybesSuck
Todd Lowe sends a thank you to all of the military support he has received over the years. #RIPTrueBlood #TrueToTheEnd #GoodybesSuck
“Without you there is no us.” Chris Bauer thanks all of the loyal #TrueBlood fans. #RIPTrueBlood #TrueToTheEnd #GoodybesSuck
@McMillzz thanks all of the loyal #TrueBlood fans. Send off the series this Sunday at 9 PM. #RIPTrueBlood #TrueToTheEnd
Tara Buck says thanks to all Truebies the only way she knows how. Say goodbye to #Trueblood this Sunday. #RIPTrueBlood
Lauren Bowles sends a thank you to the #TrueBlood fan base. Watch the final episode this Sunday at 9PM. #RIPTrueBlood #TrueToTheEnd
Alexander Skarsgard reflects on how the series “changed his life.” Watch the series finale tonight 9PM. #RIPTrueBlood #TrueToTheEnd #TrueBlood
@_smoyer says thank you to “all those fans who’ve been watching from the beginning.” #TrueToTheEnd #RIPTrueBlood #TrueBlood
Source: Instagram – TrueBloodHBO
(Photo Credits: Instagram/HBO Inc.)
July 7, 2014
Deborah Ann Woll’s boyfriend, EJ Scott, Interviews a Whole Heap of True Blood Stars:
Fans of HBO’s True Blood can check out the latest podcast interviews with EJ Scott (the boyfriend of True Blood actor Deborah Ann Woll). EJ will be interviewing a whole heap of actors leading up to the True Blood Season 7 finale. So far, the list of cast interviewed are as follows:
- Deborah Ann Woll (8/7/2013)
- Rob Kazinsky (12/7/2013)
- Michael McMillian (12/22/2013)
- Joe Manganiello (1/27/2014)
- Chris Bauer (3/20/2014)
- Marshall Allman (3/27/2014)
- Sam Trammell (5/13/2014)
- Rutina Wesley (6/23/2014)
- Ryan Kwanten (7/3/2014)
Clicking on the links will take you straight through to EJ’s podcast interviews, but make sure you check back here regularly as we know of at least two more interviews (with Stephen Moyer and Nelsan Ellis) pending thanks to EJ’s shoutouts on Twitter.
Source: EJ Scott – Podcast Interviews
(Photo Credit: EJScott.com)
June 18, 2014
True Blood Cast – Past and Present – Walk the Red Carpet:
With only a few days to go until the premiere on HBO of True Blood Season 7, fans are in for a much needed treat: the red carpet premiere event! Trubies around the globe are lamenting the fact this will be the VERY LAST red carpet premiere event. But, with this sadness, there is still excitement. While most fans couldn’t attend the event – even from the sidelines – let TrueBloodNet fill you in on what went down!
While many of the cast members including Anna Paquin (Sookie Stackhouse), Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton), Sam Trammell (Sam), Joe Manganiello (Alcide), Rutina Wesley (Tara), Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam), Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica), Ryan Kwanten (Jason), and Chris Bauer (Andy) turned up at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, a notable exception was – once again – Alexander Skarsgard (Eric Northman). However, this was to be expected. This is not because HBO are keeping him under tight wraps until his story line is resolved (involving that full frontal suntanning incident in True Blood Season 6), but because his is currently in London for the movie, Tarzan.
ExtraTV was on hand during the premiere event and you can watch their video interviews below:
What I found the most interesting with these videos is something Anna Paquin said: while the story line for True Blood Season 7 has been written, scenes are still being shot – so does this mean that things may change still? Only time will tell!
Something else interesting that popped up during the red carpet event was the appearance of Janina Gavankar and Michael MacMillian. Janina’s character, Luna Garza, died in Season 6, so why was she at the Season 7 event? Perhaps Luna will be one of the characters promised to return this season? Michael’s character, Steve Newlin was another character who didn’t survive Season 6, and with his wife, Sarah Newlin (played by Anna Camp), still alive and kicking could there be more to his story line as well?
As well as posing for pictures, many of the cast posed with a placard displaying the hashtag #TrueToTheEnd – do you think True Blood Season 7 will remain true to the end? Let us know in the comments below!
Finally, you can view all the Twitter and Instagram shots taken during the event by the stars themselves in the photo gallery below.
Sources: ExtraTV – ‘True Blood’ Cast Spills Details on Final Season at L.A. Premiere
(Photo Credits: Twitter (see links above)/Instagram (see links above))
June 14, 2014
HBO and Facebook Unite With Michael MacMillian:
Imagine having to trawl through more than 844,000 comments on HBO’s True Blood Facebook page? To make matters even worse, now imagine having to condense down the very essence of all those comments to make it into something relevant to the True Blood fans who are eagerly anticipating the True Blood Season 7 premiere on June 22nd 2014?
Well, social curation firm Arktan did just that!
And, thanks to all that hard work, Trubie fans will now be able to tune into HBO beginning June 16 2014 for a very special True Blood marathon with a difference. HBO will air a full episode every night leading up to the Season 7 premiere. Michael MacMillian (who played the Reverend Steve Newlin-cum-vampire up until Season 6) will also be on hand to host a themed segment highlighting the previous seasons of True Blood. Thanks to Michael and Arktan, you can now find out, among other things, which is the most popular True Blood villian as well as the fans favorite suitor for Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin).
If you want to join in on the commentary each night, then you need to head on over to Twitter during the marathon and use the hashtag #TrueToTheEnd. Alternatively, you can check out HBO’s True to the End website for all the latest news, interviews and inside scoops on True Blood’s final season.
If you can’t view the whole marathon, at least make sure you free up June 20th 2014, since there will be an exclusive trailer video premiered on that night!
While you wait, you can check out the promo video with Michael MacMillian below:
Sources: Hollywood Reporter – HBO, Facebook Plan Social Integration During ‘True Blood’ Marathon
HBO Website – True to the End
YouTube – True Blood: True To The End Marathon (HBO)
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
October 21, 2013
TrueBloodNet.com would like to wish Michael a very happy birthday! May all your wishes come true!
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
August 29, 2013
Find Out Which Shows and Movies Will Contain True Blood Regulars:
Why, check out the True Blood cast in other movies and TV shows, of course! There are plenty to pick from. We have included a list below, but we are sure we have missed some since the True Blood actors are such a talented bunch and in such high demand. If you know of any others, let us know in the comments below and we’ll add it to the list.
- Kristen Bauer van Straten (Pam in True Blood), has been cast alongside Cary Elwes in the offbeat comedy Teen Lust. This has been acquired by Entertainment One and production started in mid-August in Canada
- Janina Gavankar (Luna Garcia) has a couple of roles coming up in TV shows. Firstly, you can watch her in The Vampire Diaries, which premieres it’s fifth season on October 5th 2013. Gavankar stars as Tessa, a woman returning to Mystic Falls to rekindle an old romance. Her stint on this show starts in Episode 3. Secondly, you can see Janina in CW’s web series Husbands. She will star in the show as a trophy wife of sorts – and has possibly killed someone to that position! This certainly sounds intriguing.
- Stephen Moyer has a couple of things going on also. If you like The Sound of Music, then you’d better get excited now, since Moyer will be reprising the role of Capt. George Von Trapp in NBC’s version of this classic movie. Carrie Underwood will play Maria; the role Julie Andrews made famous. If DVDs or BlyRays are your thing, then why not pick up a copy of the newly released movie Evidence? It stars Moyer, Radha Mitchell, and another True Blood star, Dale Dickey (Martha).
- Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte) has been cast to play Shailene Woodley’s father in Fox’s The Fault in Our Stars. In fact, Sam has been very busy of late with several other movies, so you will also need to track down: Crazy Kind of Love, The Aftermath, Things People Do and Me.
- Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica Hamby) has some movies due for release also. Meet Me in Montenegro is the first movie and Woll stars alongside Homeland‘s Rupert Friend. The second movie will be a real treat as it also co-stars Luke Grimes (who played Jessica’s romantic vampire interest, James, in True Blood Season 6. Both of these movies are in post-production.
- Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds) is currently starring in The Butler as Martin Luther King Jr.
- Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux) has just signed up for Magic Mike’s sequel. He also just finished filming alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in the upcoming movie Sabotage.
- Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton) will also be starring alongside another True Blood cast member, Pruitt Taylor Vince, in 13 Sins. Pruitt Taylor Vince played Dr Finn, a therapist at Vamp Camp in True Blood Season 6
- Sad to see Steve Newlin die in Season 6? Well, don’t fear, you can see Michael McMillian in the upcoming movie The Banshee Chapter. This is a supernatural thriller that follows a journalist investigating the disappearance of a friend.
- Speaking of Newlin’s – Anna Camp (who plays Steve’s ex-wife, Sarah Newlin) has a couple of TV shows coming up. Camp will play the ex-girlfriend of main character Brody in TBS’ new sitcom Ground Floor. She will also appear in Season 9 of How I Met Your Mother, playing the part of a troublesome wedding guest.
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell has just been cast in Season 5 of Parenthood. She will play the role of Heather Hall, who is the campaign manager for cast regular Kristina (Monica Potter). Parenthood will return to our screens on Thursday, September 26 2013.
- Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse) is currently soaking up the sun in Rio, but prior to that he has been very busy and has several movies in various stages of completion. Make sure you keep a look out for: Reach Me, The Right Kind of Wrong, 7500 and Knights of Badassdom.
- Tara Buck (Ginger the Screamer) also has several movies coming up: The Night Visitor, Home, My Mother is Not a Fish and Medeas. And, of course, if you’re in Australia, you can catch Tara Buck in the flesh at Club Fangtasia in November.
- Finally, remember Luna’s daughter, Emma? She was played by the adorable little actress Chloe Noelle. Recently, Noelle confirmed on Twitter that she had just signed up for a new TV show. She hasn’t said which one yet, but make sure you follow her on Twitter to find out.
Sources: Variety.com – ‘Teen Lust’ Lures Cary Elwes, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Jesse Carere
TV Line – Vampire Diaries Exclusive: True Blood’s Janina Gavankar Relocates to Mystic Falls
TV Guide – Exclusive: CW’s Web Series Husbands Adds Cast Members from True Blood, CollegeHumor
BroadwayWorld.com – EVIDENCE, Stephen Moyer Coming to Blu-ray/DVD 8/20
TV Guide – True Blood’s Stephen Moyer Joins NBC’s The Sound of Music
Global Post – ‘True Blood’s’ Sam Trammell Joins Shailene Woodley in ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ (Exclusive)
FrontiersLA.com – Here’s How to Keep Up with the ‘True Blood’ Cast
TV Line – Exclusive: It’s a Pitch Perfect Reunion as Anna Camp Guest Stars on TBS’ Ground Floor
Screen Crush – ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Final Season: ‘Office’s Ellie Kemper Out, ‘True Blood’s Anna Camp in
Huffington Post – Jurnee Smollett-Bell Joins ‘Parenthood’ Season 5
IMDb – Ryan Kwanten
IMDb – Tara Buck
Twitter – Chloe Noelle status
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
August 17, 2013
Michael McMillian Talks about the Demise of Steve Newlin:
In a recent interview with Vulture.com, HBO‘s True Blood Michael McMillian(Steve Newlin) reveals his feelings on the departure of Steve Newlin. In Episode 9 of True Blood Steve Newlin meets the sun at the hands of a VERY pissed off Eric. Check out some of my favourite questions here!
“Do you think he was gay, or bisexual? Because there must have been something between him and Sarah at one point.
Yeah, well, Anna Camp and I used to talk about it, and we still do. We think that they still had a bit of a kinky sex life there for a while. I think they married young, and they were both virgins when they got married, and I think she was just trying to keep Steve happy for a long time. I think there was probably some intense dom/sub play going on in the bedroom. I think Sarah was willing to perform certain acts for Steve to keep her husband happy.”
Did you see this coming for Steve? How much advance warning did you get?
Steve was really digging himself into a hole this season. Steve Newlin is the Jabba the Hutt of the True Blood universe. He has a very important place in the mythology, but he’s not going to help Luke Skywalker blow up the Death Star, you know? And especially seeing how the story was going, and Steve taking his place as a villain again and causing so much damage? If you think about it, Luna died because Steve and Russell kidnapped Emma. Pam was outted as Eric’s progeny because of him. Nora dies because of him. And he just wasn’t going to make it through. But Steve really dies at the hands of both Eric and Sarah.”
Who was Steve’s maker? He didn’t know her name …
I’d love to answer the question, but the truth is, I don’t know! And I’m not sure if the show is ever going to answer it or not. At one point, we were going to find out last season, and it was written out in the script, but they scratched it out.”
Check out the entire interview at Vulture.com, click the link below!
Source: Vulture.com-True Blood’s Michael McMillian on Newlin’s Fate
(Photo Credit): HBO.com
August 12, 2013
How Will Sarah Newlin Cope?
And so we come to the end of an era. Last night in HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 9, entitled Life Matters, the (former) Reverend Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) finally met the sun. And is it just me, or are we all going to miss the spineless little turncoat?
While Steve got to meet the sun (which was a sweet iron due to his joy of making vampires meet the sun in Season 2), it was a bitter sweet moment. Steve was the character we all loved to hate after all. Michael McMilllian, however, was just pleased that he managed to make people both sad and happy with his death:
It’s a funny moment in the script. I was checking [Twitter] last night, of course, and I was actually surprised that people thought it was as funny as it was. That made me really happy. And I also got a lot of messages saying that people were sad to see Steve go. So if you can pull off a death that is both sad and hilarious, I think you’ve done your job okay.
As for that last line muttered: “I love you Jason Stackhouse!” That was entirely McMillian’s idea after he was disappointed at there being no Steve and Jason (Ryan Kwanten) action in True Blood’s Season 6.
Considering the fact that Michael McMillian has actually been with True Blood since Season 1, Entertainment Weekly wanted to know if there was any special send-off – especially from Alexander Skarsgard:
He gave me a very personal sendoff in the gag reel, which nobody but cast and crew saw. It was somewhat inappropriate and somewhat hilarious, but beyond that I really can’t describe it too much. [Laughs] There was a little skin involved. Yes.
What we wouldn’t give to see that gag reel, hey Trubies?!
Were you sad to see Steve Newlin die in True Blood Season 6? Or were you glad he’s finally dead? Let us know by commenting below.
If you want to read more about what Michael McMillian thought of Steve Newlin’s death, you can read the full Entertainment Weekly interview here.
Source: Entertainment Weekly – ‘True Blood’: Michael McMillian talks Steve Newlin’s fate, Alexander Skarsgard’s ‘inappropriate’ response
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc./Rachel Tsoumbakos)
July 23, 2013
True Blood Unleashes on Comic Con 2013:
The 2013 Comic Con was a buzz with True Blood Cast and fans this past weekend in San Diego! TvLine caught up with several of our recurring and newer cast members with the hopes that the True Blood Cast would spill on the remainder of the season!
Kristin Bauer van Straten, Deborah Ann Woll, Anna Camp, Michael McMillian, and Joe Manganiello participated in the interview!
When asked “Who will give the Season finale tease?” Michael McMillian replied “Game Changer”. Joe Manganiello, added that while during the season the cast mates felt that they were filming on entirely different TV shows, “by the end, it is one show”.
I don’t know about the rest of you Truebies but I’m very excited to see how this season plays out…and I’m really hopeful that Michael is right and that a major “game changer” comes our way!
Check out the video below!
Source: You Tube- “True Blood” Interview-Comic -Con 2013-TVLine
(Photo Credit) -Truebloodnet.com