July 22, 2014
Truebies Can Check Out the Latest Instagram ‘Thank You’ Videos:
Truebies are honored during this final season of HBO’s True Blood with the hash tag #GoodbyesSuck and a slew of thank you videos from the cast on social media sites, including Instagram.
You can check out each Instragram video below for the following True Blood cast: Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton), Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds), Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux), Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte) and Tara Buck (Ginger the screamer). All you need to do is click on each image and it will take you straight to their personal Instagram video message on True Blood’s official Instagram page (truebloodhbo)
Be sure to check back for more later on!
Raise a glass of Tru Blood for Rutina Wesley as she thanks fans for support and love throughout the years. #GoodbyesSuck #TrueBlood
A message of thanks to all of the LaLa fans from Nelsan Ellis. #GoodbyesSuck #TrueBlood
@JoeManganiello is “grateful for all of your support,” Truebies. #TrueToTheEnd #TrueBlood
“You went on this ride with us & it was so fun.” Sam Trammell thanks all of the Truebies for experiencing Bon Temps with him. #TrueToTheEnd #TrueBlood #GoodbyesSuck
Tara Buck says thanks to all Truebies the only way she knows how. Read her full interview at www.TrueToTheEnd.com. #TrueToTheEnd #GoodybesSuck #TrueBlood
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc/.Instagram)
July 19, 2014
Find Out What Nelsan Ellis Has to Say About Lafayette:
Fans of HBO’s True Blood can tune into The Today Show this Monday 21st July 2014 to hear Nelsan Ellis (who plays the colorful Lafayette Reynolds in True Blood Season 7) chat about True Blood finishing up. Nelsan will be appearing in the 7.00 – 7.30am time slot alongside Kate Hudson, Dan Aykroyd and Craig Robinson.
Make sure you check back here if you miss it and we will post the video interview as soon as it becomes available!
Source: OregonLive - TV talk shows: Monday, July 21
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
July 7, 2014
Deborah Ann Woll’s boyfriend, EJ Scott, Interviews a Whole Heap of True Blood Stars:
Fans of HBO’s True Blood can check out the latest podcast interviews with EJ Scott (the boyfriend of True Blood actor Deborah Ann Woll). EJ will be interviewing a whole heap of actors leading up to the True Blood Season 7 finale. So far, the list of cast interviewed are as follows:
- Deborah Ann Woll (8/7/2013)
- Rob Kazinsky (12/7/2013)
- Michael McMillian (12/22/2013)
- Joe Manganiello (1/27/2014)
- Chris Bauer (3/20/2014)
- Marshall Allman (3/27/2014)
- Sam Trammell (5/13/2014)
- Rutina Wesley (6/23/2014)
- Ryan Kwanten (7/3/2014)
Clicking on the links will take you straight through to EJ’s podcast interviews, but make sure you check back here regularly as we know of at least two more interviews (with Stephen Moyer and Nelsan Ellis) pending thanks to EJ’s shoutouts on Twitter.
Source: EJ Scott – Podcast Interviews
(Photo Credit: EJScott.com)
June 18, 2014
True Blood Cast – Past and Present – Walk the Red Carpet:
With only a few days to go until the premiere on HBO of True Blood Season 7, fans are in for a much needed treat: the red carpet premiere event! Trubies around the globe are lamenting the fact this will be the VERY LAST red carpet premiere event. But, with this sadness, there is still excitement. While most fans couldn’t attend the event – even from the sidelines – let TrueBloodNet fill you in on what went down!
While many of the cast members including Anna Paquin (Sookie Stackhouse), Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton), Sam Trammell (Sam), Joe Manganiello (Alcide), Rutina Wesley (Tara), Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam), Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica), Ryan Kwanten (Jason), and Chris Bauer (Andy) turned up at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, a notable exception was – once again – Alexander Skarsgard (Eric Northman). However, this was to be expected. This is not because HBO are keeping him under tight wraps until his story line is resolved (involving that full frontal suntanning incident in True Blood Season 6), but because his is currently in London for the movie, Tarzan.
ExtraTV was on hand during the premiere event and you can watch their video interviews below:
What I found the most interesting with these videos is something Anna Paquin said: while the story line for True Blood Season 7 has been written, scenes are still being shot – so does this mean that things may change still? Only time will tell!
Something else interesting that popped up during the red carpet event was the appearance of Janina Gavankar and Michael MacMillian. Janina’s character, Luna Garza, died in Season 6, so why was she at the Season 7 event? Perhaps Luna will be one of the characters promised to return this season? Michael’s character, Steve Newlin was another character who didn’t survive Season 6, and with his wife, Sarah Newlin (played by Anna Camp), still alive and kicking could there be more to his story line as well?
As well as posing for pictures, many of the cast posed with a placard displaying the hashtag #TrueToTheEnd – do you think True Blood Season 7 will remain true to the end? Let us know in the comments below!
Finally, you can view all the Twitter and Instagram shots taken during the event by the stars themselves in the photo gallery below.
Sources: ExtraTV - ‘True Blood’ Cast Spills Details on Final Season at L.A. Premiere
(Photo Credits: Twitter (see links above)/Instagram (see links above))
June 15, 2014
Who Teams up for Some Same-Sex Action on HBO’s True Blood Season 7?
While not a lot has been revealed yet, TVLine have released this very interesting teaser for an upcoming episode in Season 7 when a fan asked or a spoiler on the final season:
How about what’s sure to be the most talked-about sex scene in True Blood history? And yes, it’s crazier than that time Bill [Compton (played by Stephen Moyer)] climbed out of his grave and had sex with Sookie [Stackhouse (played by Anna Paquin)] in the graveyard. This same-sex hookup, between two non-gay characters, goes down in Episode 2 of the show’s final season — and trust me, it was worth the wait. I can’t say much more, but in case you’re wondering, this particular “love” scene is accompanied by strings.
Strings? As in 50 Shades of Grey type of strings? Or maybe they just mean there will be strings attached? Either way, this will be one interesting love scene, that’s for sure!
So who will it involve? While Lafayette Reynolds (Nelsan Ellis) is openly gay in True Blood, this would seem like the most likely person. However, it would not be a shock to see him pairing up with another guy – after all, we’ve already seen that when he hooked up with the awesome Jesus (Kevin Alejandro).
But, remember back in Season 6 when Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) healed Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) and there was the promise of a Jason/Eric dream pairing there? Wouldn’t it be awesome if we got to see this in Season 7? And according to True Blood’s show runner, Brian Buckner, this might just be a reality:
I think you can reasonably expect it. With our show there is an appetite — Alan from the get-go called it “popcorn for smart people.” And popcorn is addictive: You keep eating it and expect there to be another piece of popcorn right away. My favorite shows on TV make you wait for things. So the idea that I failed to deliver on a promise when I only made one episode after that promise … You know, sometimes things are better when we wait for them. I would love to get our audience conditioned to the idea that this might be a show that delays gratifications sometimes. Because of course we know people want to see that dream. The setup wasn’t written lightly. And believe me, there were HBO executives who were saying, “You have to give us the dream!” And we will. Of course we will. But that doesn’t mean it has to come in the very next episode.
If it’s not Eric and Jason – who would you like to see hook up in True Blood Season 7? Let us know in the comments below!
Sources: TVLine - Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Castle, Revenge, True Blood, Suits, Good Wife, Mindy Project, Teen Wolf and More
Vulture - True Blood Showrunner Brian Buckner on Season 6, the Werewolf Problem, and the Jason-Eric Sex Dream
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
May 9, 2014
Promo Stills from the Final Season of HBO’s True Blood Reveal Little:
It’s that exciting time of year when HBO starts releasing all the delicious teasers in relation to the season return of True Blood! This year though it is both exciting and sad as this will be the very last time we get to squeal in excitement at the tasty morsels HBO are throwing our way.
While there are photos of all our faves: Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten), Tara Thornton (Rutina Wesley), Andy Bellefleur (Chris Bauer), Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell), Alcide Herveaux (Joe Manganiello) and Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), there is nothing to show for those other faves whose lives hang in the Season 6 finale limbo. Since Brian Buckner confirmed that Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) will be appearing in True Blood Season 7, we have not seen a single glimmer of hope in any of the promotional ephemera released so far. The same thing can be said about Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten).
So, will they live or die in Season 7? And what of the others? What can we glean from the nine released pictures?
Only time will tell! You can view all the images below. Let us know your theories in the comments.
(Photo Credits: Tony Rivetti/HBO Inc.)
October 22, 2013
Nelsan to Play Bobby Byrd in Get On Up:
Fans of Lafayette Reynolds in HBO’s True Blood will still be able to get their Nelsan Ellis fix after the show finishes next year. Deadline has revealed he has been cast as Bobby Byrd in the newest James Brown biopic entitled Get On Up. Bobby Byrd was James Brown’s long time friend as well as his musical collaborator, so fans will get to see quite a bit of Nelsan Ellis in this role.
The movie is being directed by Tate Taylor for Imagine Entertainment and Universal Pictures. Brian Grazer and Mick Jagger will be producing and the lead role of James Brown will be played by Chadwick Boseman.
Filming begins in November in Mississippi but no release date has been set as yet.
Who is excited to see Nelsan Ellis in this movie? Let us know in the comments below.
Source: Deadline - ‘True Blood’s Nelsan Ellis Gets Key Role In James Brown Pic ‘Get On Up’
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
August 29, 2013
Find Out Which Shows and Movies Will Contain True Blood Regulars:
Why, check out the True Blood cast in other movies and TV shows, of course! There are plenty to pick from. We have included a list below, but we are sure we have missed some since the True Blood actors are such a talented bunch and in such high demand. If you know of any others, let us know in the comments below and we’ll add it to the list.
- Kristen Bauer van Straten (Pam in True Blood), has been cast alongside Cary Elwes in the offbeat comedy Teen Lust. This has been acquired by Entertainment One and production started in mid-August in Canada
- Janina Gavankar (Luna Garcia) has a couple of roles coming up in TV shows. Firstly, you can watch her in The Vampire Diaries, which premieres it’s fifth season on October 5th 2013. Gavankar stars as Tessa, a woman returning to Mystic Falls to rekindle an old romance. Her stint on this show starts in Episode 3. Secondly, you can see Janina in CW’s web series Husbands. She will star in the show as a trophy wife of sorts – and has possibly killed someone to that position! This certainly sounds intriguing.
- Stephen Moyer has a couple of things going on also. If you like The Sound of Music, then you’d better get excited now, since Moyer will be reprising the role of Capt. George Von Trapp in NBC’s version of this classic movie. Carrie Underwood will play Maria; the role Julie Andrews made famous. If DVDs or BlyRays are your thing, then why not pick up a copy of the newly released movie Evidence? It stars Moyer, Radha Mitchell, and another True Blood star, Dale Dickey (Martha).
- Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte) has been cast to play Shailene Woodley’s father in Fox’s The Fault in Our Stars. In fact, Sam has been very busy of late with several other movies, so you will also need to track down: Crazy Kind of Love, The Aftermath, Things People Do and Me.
- Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica Hamby) has some movies due for release also. Meet Me in Montenegro is the first movie and Woll stars alongside Homeland‘s Rupert Friend. The second movie will be a real treat as it also co-stars Luke Grimes (who played Jessica’s romantic vampire interest, James, in True Blood Season 6. Both of these movies are in post-production.
- Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds) is currently starring in The Butler as Martin Luther King Jr.
- Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux) has just signed up for Magic Mike’s sequel. He also just finished filming alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in the upcoming movie Sabotage.
- Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton) will also be starring alongside another True Blood cast member, Pruitt Taylor Vince, in 13 Sins. Pruitt Taylor Vince played Dr Finn, a therapist at Vamp Camp in True Blood Season 6
- Sad to see Steve Newlin die in Season 6? Well, don’t fear, you can see Michael McMillian in the upcoming movie The Banshee Chapter. This is a supernatural thriller that follows a journalist investigating the disappearance of a friend.
- Speaking of Newlin’s – Anna Camp (who plays Steve’s ex-wife, Sarah Newlin) has a couple of TV shows coming up. Camp will play the ex-girlfriend of main character Brody in TBS’ new sitcom Ground Floor. She will also appear in Season 9 of How I Met Your Mother, playing the part of a troublesome wedding guest.
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell has just been cast in Season 5 of Parenthood. She will play the role of Heather Hall, who is the campaign manager for cast regular Kristina (Monica Potter). Parenthood will return to our screens on Thursday, September 26 2013.
- Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse) is currently soaking up the sun in Rio, but prior to that he has been very busy and has several movies in various stages of completion. Make sure you keep a look out for: Reach Me, The Right Kind of Wrong, 7500 and Knights of Badassdom.
- Tara Buck (Ginger the Screamer) also has several movies coming up: The Night Visitor, Home, My Mother is Not a Fish and Medeas. And, of course, if you’re in Australia, you can catch Tara Buck in the flesh at Club Fangtasia in November.
- Finally, remember Luna’s daughter, Emma? She was played by the adorable little actress Chloe Noelle. Recently, Noelle confirmed on Twitter that she had just signed up for a new TV show. She hasn’t said which one yet, but make sure you follow her on Twitter to find out.
Sources: Variety.com - ‘Teen Lust’ Lures Cary Elwes, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Jesse Carere
TV Line – Vampire Diaries Exclusive: True Blood’s Janina Gavankar Relocates to Mystic Falls
TV Guide - Exclusive: CW’s Web Series Husbands Adds Cast Members from True Blood, CollegeHumor
BroadwayWorld.com – EVIDENCE, Stephen Moyer Coming to Blu-ray/DVD 8/20
TV Guide - True Blood’s Stephen Moyer Joins NBC’s The Sound of Music
Global Post - ‘True Blood’s’ Sam Trammell Joins Shailene Woodley in ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ (Exclusive)
FrontiersLA.com - Here’s How to Keep Up with the ‘True Blood’ Cast
TV Line - Exclusive: It’s a Pitch Perfect Reunion as Anna Camp Guest Stars on TBS’ Ground Floor
Screen Crush – ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Final Season: ‘Office’s Ellie Kemper Out, ‘True Blood’s Anna Camp in
Huffington Post - Jurnee Smollett-Bell Joins ‘Parenthood’ Season 5
IMDb – Ryan Kwanten
IMDb – Tara Buck
Twitter – Chloe Noelle status
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
August 10, 2013
Lafayette Will be Back With a Vengeance in Season 7:
Many Truebies have bemoaned the fact that the storylines in HBO’s True Blood have gotten more intricate and confusing with each successive season. But don’t fear, you’re not alone! Nelsan Ellis (who plays Lafayette Reynolds) is hearing you all loud and clear! When recently interviewed by Vulture.com, he had this to say:
Last season was a bit schizophrenic, with like fifteen storylines. Even when I watched the show, I’d get confused as to what’s going on. There was a lot happening in 51 minutes.
So Ellis is pleased that Brian Buckner has streamlined the plot for True Blood Season 6. A sentiment echoed by fans also. Nelsan reiterated the fact that the show is trying to get back to it’s roots.
But what about Lafayette? Many fans are lamenting the fact that Bon Temps’ most flamboyant character has been playing it low key in Season 6. Fear not, Ellis has confirmed that Lafayette will be bigger and better in True Blood Season 7.
So, is Nelsan Ellis as flamboyant as his character in real life? It appears not, since he was recently rendered speechless by the woman he calls the ‘queen of the universe’: Oprah Winfrey. When he recently had the talk-show host introduce herself to him on the set of their movie, Butler, Ellis was too shy to respond:
I was like, ‘Ohmigod, ohmigod, ohmigod’. I get nervous around people, especially celebrities. And I think Oprah is queen of the universe. I think she sits on the balcony of the heavens.
True Blood fans will certainly be glad to hear that Lafayette is back in Season 7 – and with rumors that Terry Bellefleur (Todd Lowe) isn’t the only major death occurring in True Blood Season 6, it’s nice to hear that Lafayette is safe for Season 6!
Source: Vulture.com - Nelsan Ellis Gets Confused by True Blood Too
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
July 23, 2013
True Blood Cast Represents at Comic Con:
It appears that the 2013 Comic-Con was yet again a success for the True Blood cast and fans! Even though our two favourite male vamps were absent( Alexander Skarsgard, and Stephen Moyer) the panel pulled through with lots of insight on the remainder of the season! The panel included Anna Paquin, Ryan Kwanten, Sam Trammell, Rutina Wesley, Nelsan Ellis, Deborah Ann Woll, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Joe Manganiello, Anna Camp, Michael McMillian and Rob Kazinsky. The True Blood Panel was moderated by TV Guides Kate Hahn.
The True Blood segment kicked off with a video clip of teasers for the 2nd half of the current Season 6. Truebloodnet.com has posted this video if you are eager to check it out!
Here are a few favourite questions and responses:
“Ryan Kwanten on Jason’s “noble” quest to find his parents’ killer – “There’s a lot more in store for Jason – he gets real crazy, real soon. He likes to think he’s Rambo, but fails miserably!”
Deborah Ann Woll on Jessica’s self loathing following season six’s dark twists: “Jessica’s going to have to pay dearly within her own heart for what happened – it’s going to take a long time for her to forgive herself.”
True Blood newbie Rob Kazinsky is bowled over by the reception he’s getting from Comic-Con fans. He also promises we’ll get both light and dark from Warlow this season. “You’re going to see some gnarly stuff!”
Buckner promises that True Blood will “return to its roots” at the end of this season, returning focus to its core characters: “We’re really going to make it feel like we’re coming home.”
Source: Digital Spy-Live Coverage- True Blood at Comic Con 2013: Panel Live Blog
(Photo Credit) 2013 Warner Bros Entertainment Inc Comic Con