May 9, 2014
Promo Stills from the Final Season of HBO’s True Blood Reveal Little:
It’s that exciting time of year when HBO starts releasing all the delicious teasers in relation to the season return of True Blood! This year though it is both exciting and sad as this will be the very last time we get to squeal in excitement at the tasty morsels HBO are throwing our way.
While there are photos of all our faves: Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin), Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten), Tara Thornton (Rutina Wesley), Andy Bellefleur (Chris Bauer), Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell), Alcide Herveaux (Joe Manganiello) and Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer), there is nothing to show for those other faves whose lives hang in the Season 6 finale limbo. Since Brian Buckner confirmed that Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) will be appearing in True Blood Season 7, we have not seen a single glimmer of hope in any of the promotional ephemera released so far. The same thing can be said about Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten).
So, will they live or die in Season 7? And what of the others? What can we glean from the nine released pictures?
Only time will tell! You can view all the images below. Let us know your theories in the comments.
(Photo Credits: Tony Rivetti/HBO Inc.)
November 2, 2013
Rutina Starts Previews for Her Latest Stage Production:
Want to see Rutina Wesley (who plays Tara Thornton in HBO’s True Blood) in the flesh? Live in New York City? Then head on over to the Cherry Lane Theater website and order your tickets now!
Rutina is about to start previews for One Night, a Cherry Lane Theater production. You can find out all the details below:
By Pulitzer Prize-winner CHARLES FULLER
Directed by CLINTON TURNER DAVIS
Grantham Coleman, K.K. Moggie, Matthew Montelongo, Cortez Nance Jr., Rutina Wesleyet
Set John McDermott, Costumes Jessica Jahn, Lighting Nicole Pearce, SoundSean O’Halloran, Video Gil Sperling, Fights UnkleDave’s Fight-House, PropsStarlet Jacobs, Stage Manager C. Renee Alexander, Assistant Stage Manager Kristin Pfeifer
November 6 – December 15
Mon and Tues at 7pm, Thurs and Fri at 8pm, Sat at 2pm and 8pm, Sun at 3pm
What happens to our servicemen and women when they come home?
Exploring the lingering effects of trauma, injustice, and one woman’s recompense,One Night… takes an unflinching look at what is happening to women in the US Armed Forces when their decision to serve exposes them to an unforeseen battle against their fellow soldiers. One Night… was commissioned by Cherry Lane Theatre.
Running time: approximately two hours, plus one 10 minute intermission.
Reg $66, Student and Military $20 with valid ID at the box office
For group rates, please contact Toni Israel: firstname.lastname@example.org / 718-703-2260
5% of ticket proceeds benefit IAVA, the first and largest nonprofit, nonpartisan organization for Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. Learn more and support the Next Greatest Generation at IAVA.org.
~Provided by Cherry Lane Theater website
I wish I live close enough to check this out! Let us know if you get the chance to see this show by commenting below!
Source: Cherry Lane Theater – One Night
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc./Cherry Lane Theatre)
September 1, 2013
Or Will Pam Continue Her Search For Eric Northman?
At he end of HBO’s True Blood Season 5 we saw a passionate kiss between Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and her newly made progeny, Tara Thornton (Rutina Wesley). In Season 6, with all the separation between the two of them at vamp camp and a Pam who announced early on in the season that their relationship was not going to be a love story, things looked grim for the hot new pair.
But what about in True Blood’s Season 7? Could their romance bloom now they are free from the claustrophobic environment of vamp camp? Could being able to (briefly) walk in the sun bring them closer together? Or will Pam spend the entire season looking for her maker, Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard)?
Michael Ausiello from TVLine got the opportunity to ask True Blood’s newest showrunner, Brian Buckner, about where the relationship between Pam and Tara is headed. Here is what Buckner had to say:
As the audience heard Pam say in Episode 1, life is long — especially for vampires. She also told Tara that this is not going to be a love story. But I would urge [fans] to be patient. Because if the show delivers on the audience’s expectation every week, that’s not storytelling. Where’s the surprise in that? These [story] threads can be picked up later. I want to be able to tell more interesting, circuitous stories at times and not always deliver on the junk-food promise of the show.
Well, isn’t that interesting? It seems we just have to be a little more patient in this department, but it sure sounds promising.
What do you think? Are you loving the Pam and Tara snark combined into the one relationship? Let us know in the comments below.
Source: TVLine.com - Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once, Bones, Chicago Fire, True Blood, Parks and Rec, Dixie and More!
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
August 29, 2013
Find Out Which Shows and Movies Will Contain True Blood Regulars:
Why, check out the True Blood cast in other movies and TV shows, of course! There are plenty to pick from. We have included a list below, but we are sure we have missed some since the True Blood actors are such a talented bunch and in such high demand. If you know of any others, let us know in the comments below and we’ll add it to the list.
- Kristen Bauer van Straten (Pam in True Blood), has been cast alongside Cary Elwes in the offbeat comedy Teen Lust. This has been acquired by Entertainment One and production started in mid-August in Canada
- Janina Gavankar (Luna Garcia) has a couple of roles coming up in TV shows. Firstly, you can watch her in The Vampire Diaries, which premieres it’s fifth season on October 5th 2013. Gavankar stars as Tessa, a woman returning to Mystic Falls to rekindle an old romance. Her stint on this show starts in Episode 3. Secondly, you can see Janina in CW’s web series Husbands. She will star in the show as a trophy wife of sorts – and has possibly killed someone to that position! This certainly sounds intriguing.
- Stephen Moyer has a couple of things going on also. If you like The Sound of Music, then you’d better get excited now, since Moyer will be reprising the role of Capt. George Von Trapp in NBC’s version of this classic movie. Carrie Underwood will play Maria; the role Julie Andrews made famous. If DVDs or BlyRays are your thing, then why not pick up a copy of the newly released movie Evidence? It stars Moyer, Radha Mitchell, and another True Blood star, Dale Dickey (Martha).
- Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte) has been cast to play Shailene Woodley’s father in Fox’s The Fault in Our Stars. In fact, Sam has been very busy of late with several other movies, so you will also need to track down: Crazy Kind of Love, The Aftermath, Things People Do and Me.
- Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica Hamby) has some movies due for release also. Meet Me in Montenegro is the first movie and Woll stars alongside Homeland‘s Rupert Friend. The second movie will be a real treat as it also co-stars Luke Grimes (who played Jessica’s romantic vampire interest, James, in True Blood Season 6. Both of these movies are in post-production.
- Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds) is currently starring in The Butler as Martin Luther King Jr.
- Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux) has just signed up for Magic Mike’s sequel. He also just finished filming alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in the upcoming movie Sabotage.
- Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton) will also be starring alongside another True Blood cast member, Pruitt Taylor Vince, in 13 Sins. Pruitt Taylor Vince played Dr Finn, a therapist at Vamp Camp in True Blood Season 6
- Sad to see Steve Newlin die in Season 6? Well, don’t fear, you can see Michael McMillian in the upcoming movie The Banshee Chapter. This is a supernatural thriller that follows a journalist investigating the disappearance of a friend.
- Speaking of Newlin’s – Anna Camp (who plays Steve’s ex-wife, Sarah Newlin) has a couple of TV shows coming up. Camp will play the ex-girlfriend of main character Brody in TBS’ new sitcom Ground Floor. She will also appear in Season 9 of How I Met Your Mother, playing the part of a troublesome wedding guest.
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell has just been cast in Season 5 of Parenthood. She will play the role of Heather Hall, who is the campaign manager for cast regular Kristina (Monica Potter). Parenthood will return to our screens on Thursday, September 26 2013.
- Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse) is currently soaking up the sun in Rio, but prior to that he has been very busy and has several movies in various stages of completion. Make sure you keep a look out for: Reach Me, The Right Kind of Wrong, 7500 and Knights of Badassdom.
- Tara Buck (Ginger the Screamer) also has several movies coming up: The Night Visitor, Home, My Mother is Not a Fish and Medeas. And, of course, if you’re in Australia, you can catch Tara Buck in the flesh at Club Fangtasia in November.
- Finally, remember Luna’s daughter, Emma? She was played by the adorable little actress Chloe Noelle. Recently, Noelle confirmed on Twitter that she had just signed up for a new TV show. She hasn’t said which one yet, but make sure you follow her on Twitter to find out.
Sources: Variety.com - ‘Teen Lust’ Lures Cary Elwes, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Jesse Carere
TV Line – Vampire Diaries Exclusive: True Blood’s Janina Gavankar Relocates to Mystic Falls
TV Guide - Exclusive: CW’s Web Series Husbands Adds Cast Members from True Blood, CollegeHumor
BroadwayWorld.com – EVIDENCE, Stephen Moyer Coming to Blu-ray/DVD 8/20
TV Guide - True Blood’s Stephen Moyer Joins NBC’s The Sound of Music
Global Post - ‘True Blood’s’ Sam Trammell Joins Shailene Woodley in ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ (Exclusive)
FrontiersLA.com - Here’s How to Keep Up with the ‘True Blood’ Cast
TV Line - Exclusive: It’s a Pitch Perfect Reunion as Anna Camp Guest Stars on TBS’ Ground Floor
Screen Crush – ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Final Season: ‘Office’s Ellie Kemper Out, ‘True Blood’s Anna Camp in
Huffington Post - Jurnee Smollett-Bell Joins ‘Parenthood’ Season 5
IMDb – Ryan Kwanten
IMDb – Tara Buck
Twitter – Chloe Noelle status
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
July 23, 2013
True Blood Cast Represents at Comic Con:
It appears that the 2013 Comic-Con was yet again a success for the True Blood cast and fans! Even though our two favourite male vamps were absent( Alexander Skarsgard, and Stephen Moyer) the panel pulled through with lots of insight on the remainder of the season! The panel included Anna Paquin, Ryan Kwanten, Sam Trammell, Rutina Wesley, Nelsan Ellis, Deborah Ann Woll, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Joe Manganiello, Anna Camp, Michael McMillian and Rob Kazinsky. The True Blood Panel was moderated by TV Guides Kate Hahn.
The True Blood segment kicked off with a video clip of teasers for the 2nd half of the current Season 6. Truebloodnet.com has posted this video if you are eager to check it out!
Here are a few favourite questions and responses:
“Ryan Kwanten on Jason’s “noble” quest to find his parents’ killer – “There’s a lot more in store for Jason – he gets real crazy, real soon. He likes to think he’s Rambo, but fails miserably!”
Deborah Ann Woll on Jessica’s self loathing following season six’s dark twists: “Jessica’s going to have to pay dearly within her own heart for what happened – it’s going to take a long time for her to forgive herself.”
True Blood newbie Rob Kazinsky is bowled over by the reception he’s getting from Comic-Con fans. He also promises we’ll get both light and dark from Warlow this season. “You’re going to see some gnarly stuff!”
Buckner promises that True Blood will “return to its roots” at the end of this season, returning focus to its core characters: “We’re really going to make it feel like we’re coming home.”
Source: Digital Spy-Live Coverage- True Blood at Comic Con 2013: Panel Live Blog
(Photo Credit) 2013 Warner Bros Entertainment Inc Comic Con
July 17, 2013
Is Tara Meeting the True Death?
While there was plenty to talk about with Rutina’s character, the biggest question was ‘Who is going to die in Season 6?’ With many people claiming Episode 6 will be the one in which this character dies, the clock is ticking rapidly towards their demise it seems. This assumption is based on the fact that Episode 7 was, until recently, entitled The Funeral (now known by the title In the Evening). Of course the title for Episode 6 raises plenty of questions if this is indeed the killing episode. Don’t You feel Me? is it’s name, and to me, this makes me think of the bond between vampires and their makers. Could it be a vampire that bites the dust? Or perhaps a Stackhouse sibling?
Katie Krause asked Rutina Wesley if she would give us a hint:
You want me to say who it is? No, absolutely not. I love my job too much.
Krause was persistent though and we have this little gem from Rutina about the round table read:
We kept reading… We stopped for a moment… let that sink in and gave that person their due and then we kept going. I can tell you that much.
My, doesn’t the plot thicken? It kind of sounds like Rutina mourned for someone else. So is Tara safe? Only time will tell. So make sure you tune into HBO this Sunday for True Blood Season 6!
You can view the entire interview below.
Source: YouTube - Rutina Wesley True Blood Interview – The Funeral Spoilers, Pam and Tara and Warlow’s Intentions!
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
July 10, 2013
Just announced: True Blood Panel Scheduled to Appear at Comic Con International 2013
True Blood fans from all over the world are gearing up to attend San Diego’s Comic Con International. Once again, the cast of HBO’s True Blood will be in Ballroom 20 on Saturday July 20 at 3:30 PM to tease plot lines and answer fan questions live. Entertainment Weekly’s Tim Stack will again be the panel moderator. Scheduled to appear:
Anna Paquin (Sookie Stackhouse), Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton), Showrunner Brian Buckner, Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse), Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte), Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton), Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds), Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica Hamby), Kristin Bauer van Straten (Pam Swynford de Beaufort), Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux), Anna Camp (Sarah Newlin), Michael McMillian (Steve Newlin) and Rob Kazinsky (Ben Flynn).
Ryan Kwanten walked on his hands like a (very sexy) trained monkey to the delight of the crowd last year, and Joe Manganiello did a little bump and grind for the ladies. What will happen this year? A few thousand lucky fans will find out first hand on July 20.
For more information on Comic Con International, visit www.comic-con.org
Source: TrueBloodFanSource.com Comic Con 2013: True Blood Panel Announced with Attendees
Photo Credit: Jennifer Kitzman
July 9, 2013
Getting to Know Rutina Wesley:
On True Blood, Tara Thornton (Rutina Wesley) has had some surprises shoved her way from learning her best friend was telepathic to waking up as a vampire thanks to that same friend.
In reality, the actress, herself shares some of her own real surprising secrets to Us Magazine:
1. I hated my husband (actor Jacob Fishel, 34) when we met in school. He was so good at Shakespeare.
2. I would kill to play Elphaba in Wicked.
3. I worked as a singing dancing busgirl in high school.
4. I always have my Beats by Dr. Dre headphones turned up high. I’ll probably be deaf by age 50.
5. As a kid, I did a Michael dance number to “Man in the Mirror” in a tux and top hat.
6. My dad was in the Star Search finals.
7. I have a shirt that says RUNNING SUCKS . . . because it does.
8. I wish I ran track.
9. I named my car Chewy.
10. I’ve eaten Twizzlers in my sleep.
11. I love Now and Laters. I don’t share.
12. Juliet is my favorite Shakespeare role, and I hope to play it someday. Any takers?
13. I love to do Fire Marshall Bill impressions.
14. When we were courting, my husband wrote me a sonnet and read it to me in Central Park.
15. I taught my cat how to sit for treats.
16. I’m a sneaker head. You’ll find more sneakers than heels in my closet.
17. I secretly want to be a judge on So You Think You Can Dance.
18. I’m afraid of heights, but I’ll ride a roller coaster.
19. Every morning I’m visited by hummingbirds. I think it’s nice, but maybe they’re planning an attack?
20. I was the only little chocolate girl on the dance team in college. We also cheered for the basketball team.
21. I own just about everything in purple. I’m obsessed.
22. I used to make mud pies as a kid. I may have eaten a slice or two.
23. I have crushes on James McAvoy and Lil Wayne.
24. I’m a huge fan of Jillian Michaels and The Biggest Loser.
25. When I need to relax, I listen to Jill Scott or India.Arie.
Do you share any funny habits or interests with Rutina? I know I wouldn’t mind being the Glinda to her Elphaba!
Let us know below in the comments!
Image Credit: HBO Inc.
July 5, 2013
Love, A Rescue, and Ghosts:
With fans desperate for Sunday to devour episode four of the hit Season 6 HBO drama series True Blood, they can munch on the recently leaked description of episode five, “F*** the Pain Away.” This episode, airing on HBO on July 14 at 9 p.m., foretells the reunion of former lovers and ghosts.
WARNING: SEASON SIX SPOILERS AHEAD!
In the episode, Sookie (Anna Paquin) continues to delve into her past along with her fae grandfather Niall (Rutger Hauer) despite the ever-looming presence of the ancient, evil vampire Warlow. Specifically, the blonde waitress turns to her co-worker and friend Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) who may deliver some information about her dead parents. The other Stackhouse sibling Jason (Ryan Kwanten) will also be reconnected with his past through two of his past lovers: Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll), of course, and none other than the former Mrs. Reverend Steve Newlin herself, Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp), who fans had the pleasure of seeing once again in episode three.
In the vampire world, Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) is noted to have entered “dangerous territory,” but there may be a rescue close at hand for her! Both her maker, Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) and her progeny, Tara (Rutina Wesley) are said to be taking “drastic measures” to help the fashionable member of their family.
Now we’re all wondering: what could all of this possibly mean? Stay tuned for July 14 to find out!
Photo Credit: HBO Inc.
July 2, 2013
The One Where Ginger the Screamer Returns and Eric Northman gets a New Human:
What went down:
- Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) does bad things to Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire). Well, he would, if security weren’t onto them. So he kidnaps her instead!
- Jason (Ryan Kwanten) is suddenly getting headaches – is it Warlow causing these?
- Sookie (Anna Paquin) gets cranky with Niall (Rutger Hauer) because he thinks she isn’t scared of Warlow
- Willa is either gathering info for her father, or a VERY good liar. It seems she’s Team Vampire - and more so, Team Eric’s Blood when she owns up to the fact her mother kissed a vampire and liked it. She then tries to seduce him in his coffin. Either way, she will make an excellent
hostagenegotiating tool between Eric and Willa’s dad, Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard)
- Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and Tara (Rutina Wesley) are annoyed at Eric for taking Willa hostage. Eric spends a great deal of time in this episode yelling at them – am I the only one loving this dynamic?
- Crap – it’s Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian)! He’s been taken to the mysterious ‘camp’ – which turns out to be some sort of
concentration camplaboratory for learning more about vampires
- Oh, and double crap – it’s Steve’s wife, Sarah (Anna Camp). Boy does she have some unresolved break up issues to sort out with Steve! Best scene of the night though.
- Sam (Sam Trammell) gets help from Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell). Which turns out to be a bit of a double-edged sword later on in the episode…
- *SCREAMS* It’s Ginger (Tara Buck)! Who’s glad this ditzy blonde is back? And she’s just as confused as ever. After being coerced into letting Eric, Willa, Pam and Tara into her house, she then proceeds to give them all a place to stay, answers Eric’s phone when she shouldn’t have and then has to side-track the Gov. when Eric’s untraceable phone is miraculously traced. Shit, hope Ginger isn’t the one Brian Buckner was talking about!
- Billith (Stephen Moyer) can walk in the sun – oh look, no he can’t! Was is just me, or was this the funniest scene of the night? Delusional much, Bill?
- Niall pays a visit to Club Fairy - it’s been attacked! Is Ben (Robert Kazinsky) okay? Or am I not the only one who is starting to think that maybe Ben is Warlow? Or at least being glamoured by Warlow? Niall is tasked with sending the only remaining living family back home. Oh, and why is that blood glowing like that? He takes some home to show Sookie and Jason
- Speaking of; Sookie and Jason are having a heart to heart about Jason’s racist ways
- Andy (Chris Bauer) and Holly (Lauren Bowles) get a bit of a look in this week. Oh, and Andy’s fairy kids are now pre-teen – and Billith finds out about them.
- Alcide (Joe Manganiello) lies to the cops about having Emma (Chloe Noelle). So does Rikki (Kelly Overton) and Martha (Dale Dickey). Then Rikki becomes even more unlikeable when she forces Emma to shift into a puppy so the police don’t find her
- Oh look, Sam’s an owl!
- Ben and Niall meet. There’s some wicked talking between the lines going on in that conversation and then Ben pledges his alliance to Team Sookie. So Ben is good? Or is Niall an adherent to the adage ‘keep your friends close, but your enemies closer‘?
- Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) dons a naughty schoolgirl costume and attends the lecture of Hido Takahashi (Keone Young). It seems he can synthesize human blood
- Speaking of blood - Billith wants Sookie’s hybrid human-fairy blood. He thinks it will save the vampires from the sun-meeting vision he had in Episode 2. I guess Andy’s kids are the back-up plan…
- Nicole tries to get the werewolves on her side – it’s no surprise it ends badly. At least it gives Sam a chance to rescue Emma. And remember what I said about the double-edged sword? That comes into play here…
- Tara steals Willa
- Warlow makes an appearance. Oh wait, no, that’s just Nora (Lucy Griffiths)!
- But is Jason dead???????
Did anyone else think Episode 3, You’re No Good, fly by waaaaaaay too quickly? Yeah, me too – can’t WAIT for HBO’s True Blood Episode 4, entitled At Last!
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)