July 24, 2014
Give blood During Comic Con 2014:
Recently we announced that Comic Con 2014 would feature a blood drive as part of their program. This drive is in memoriam of Robert A. Heinlein and all people who book and participate will receive a True Blood goodie bag along with the sense of accomplishment of knowing your blood will now go on to save lives.
All the details of the Robert A. Heinlein Blood Drive are below:
The Blood Drive is open from 9:00 AM–6:00 PM Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and 10:00 AM–3:30 PM on Sunday. The Blood Drive location has changed this year: it’s now located at the Manchester Grand Hyatt, in the America’s Cup, Regatta, and Nautical rooms (on the 4th floor of the tower closest to the Convention Center). The Hyatt is located at 1 Market Place, on Harbor Drive (the same street as the Convention Center), at the corner of Market and Harbor. If you’re registering onsite at Comic-Con, please go to the Blood Drive booth near the Freebie Table in the Sails Pavilion, upstairs at the Convention Center. After you’ve given blood, catch the Comic-Con Shuttle for a quick trip back to the Convention Center!
In addition to receiving a goodie bag, HBO’s True Blood will be providing bandages, t-shirts, water bottles, and band aids to participants.
People who give blood are also entered into daily drawings for fantastic prizes, which are donated by Comic-Con exhibitors. Winners are posted at the Blood Drive sign-up booth at 6:30 PM each day (4:00 PM on Sunday) in the Sails Pavilion.
Below, you can check out the following video interview about it which also features True Blood actor Chloe Noelle (who played Emma Garza, daughter of Luna in Seasons 4, 5 and 6 of the hit HBO vampire show):
Source: Fox 5 San Diego – Blood drive takes center stage at Comic-Con
(Photo Credit: ComicCon.org/HBO Inc.)
August 29, 2013
Find Out Which Shows and Movies Will Contain True Blood Regulars:
Why, check out the True Blood cast in other movies and TV shows, of course! There are plenty to pick from. We have included a list below, but we are sure we have missed some since the True Blood actors are such a talented bunch and in such high demand. If you know of any others, let us know in the comments below and we’ll add it to the list.
- Kristen Bauer van Straten (Pam in True Blood), has been cast alongside Cary Elwes in the offbeat comedy Teen Lust. This has been acquired by Entertainment One and production started in mid-August in Canada
- Janina Gavankar (Luna Garcia) has a couple of roles coming up in TV shows. Firstly, you can watch her in The Vampire Diaries, which premieres it’s fifth season on October 5th 2013. Gavankar stars as Tessa, a woman returning to Mystic Falls to rekindle an old romance. Her stint on this show starts in Episode 3. Secondly, you can see Janina in CW’s web series Husbands. She will star in the show as a trophy wife of sorts – and has possibly killed someone to that position! This certainly sounds intriguing.
- Stephen Moyer has a couple of things going on also. If you like The Sound of Music, then you’d better get excited now, since Moyer will be reprising the role of Capt. George Von Trapp in NBC’s version of this classic movie. Carrie Underwood will play Maria; the role Julie Andrews made famous. If DVDs or BlyRays are your thing, then why not pick up a copy of the newly released movie Evidence? It stars Moyer, Radha Mitchell, and another True Blood star, Dale Dickey (Martha).
- Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte) has been cast to play Shailene Woodley’s father in Fox’s The Fault in Our Stars. In fact, Sam has been very busy of late with several other movies, so you will also need to track down: Crazy Kind of Love, The Aftermath, Things People Do and Me.
- Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica Hamby) has some movies due for release also. Meet Me in Montenegro is the first movie and Woll stars alongside Homeland‘s Rupert Friend. The second movie will be a real treat as it also co-stars Luke Grimes (who played Jessica’s romantic vampire interest, James, in True Blood Season 6. Both of these movies are in post-production.
- Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds) is currently starring in The Butler as Martin Luther King Jr.
- Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux) has just signed up for Magic Mike’s sequel. He also just finished filming alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in the upcoming movie Sabotage.
- Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton) will also be starring alongside another True Blood cast member, Pruitt Taylor Vince, in 13 Sins. Pruitt Taylor Vince played Dr Finn, a therapist at Vamp Camp in True Blood Season 6
- Sad to see Steve Newlin die in Season 6? Well, don’t fear, you can see Michael McMillian in the upcoming movie The Banshee Chapter. This is a supernatural thriller that follows a journalist investigating the disappearance of a friend.
- Speaking of Newlin’s – Anna Camp (who plays Steve’s ex-wife, Sarah Newlin) has a couple of TV shows coming up. Camp will play the ex-girlfriend of main character Brody in TBS’ new sitcom Ground Floor. She will also appear in Season 9 of How I Met Your Mother, playing the part of a troublesome wedding guest.
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell has just been cast in Season 5 of Parenthood. She will play the role of Heather Hall, who is the campaign manager for cast regular Kristina (Monica Potter). Parenthood will return to our screens on Thursday, September 26 2013.
- Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse) is currently soaking up the sun in Rio, but prior to that he has been very busy and has several movies in various stages of completion. Make sure you keep a look out for: Reach Me, The Right Kind of Wrong, 7500 and Knights of Badassdom.
- Tara Buck (Ginger the Screamer) also has several movies coming up: The Night Visitor, Home, My Mother is Not a Fish and Medeas. And, of course, if you’re in Australia, you can catch Tara Buck in the flesh at Club Fangtasia in November.
- Finally, remember Luna’s daughter, Emma? She was played by the adorable little actress Chloe Noelle. Recently, Noelle confirmed on Twitter that she had just signed up for a new TV show. She hasn’t said which one yet, but make sure you follow her on Twitter to find out.
Sources: Variety.com – ‘Teen Lust’ Lures Cary Elwes, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Jesse Carere
TV Line – Vampire Diaries Exclusive: True Blood’s Janina Gavankar Relocates to Mystic Falls
TV Guide – Exclusive: CW’s Web Series Husbands Adds Cast Members from True Blood, CollegeHumor
BroadwayWorld.com – EVIDENCE, Stephen Moyer Coming to Blu-ray/DVD 8/20
TV Guide – True Blood’s Stephen Moyer Joins NBC’s The Sound of Music
Global Post – ‘True Blood’s’ Sam Trammell Joins Shailene Woodley in ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ (Exclusive)
FrontiersLA.com – Here’s How to Keep Up with the ‘True Blood’ Cast
TV Line – Exclusive: It’s a Pitch Perfect Reunion as Anna Camp Guest Stars on TBS’ Ground Floor
Screen Crush – ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Final Season: ‘Office’s Ellie Kemper Out, ‘True Blood’s Anna Camp in
Huffington Post – Jurnee Smollett-Bell Joins ‘Parenthood’ Season 5
IMDb – Ryan Kwanten
IMDb – Tara Buck
Twitter – Chloe Noelle status
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
July 28, 2013
Chloe Who? The 10 Year-Old Werepuppy, is who!
This week Truebies have been furiously debating the pros and cons of losing Terry Bellefleur (Todd Lowe) in HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 7. There has also been plenty of talk about the earlier than expected demise of Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard). Comic-Con has, as well, played a huge part in this week’s True Blood related interests.
But many have forgotten about someone else who left the show this week – 10 year-old Chloe Noelle. Chloe played Luna’s (Janina Gavankar) daughter, Emma. Last week’s episode saw Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell) return Emma to her paternal grandmother, Martha Bozeman (played by Dale Dickey). Recently, USA Today caught up with Chloe Noelle to find out a little bit more about this amazing young actress.
While Noelle didn’t confirm whether she would return to True Blood at a later date, she did have this to say about her character leaving:
Yeah, I am pretty sad. I’m going to miss my friends on the set — I might not see them again. But in the storyline, I’m with someone who is related to me and is sort of the same type as me, so that’s good. It’s just that I really wanted (Emma) to be with Sam. I think he’s better for Emma, because she knows him better.
Whether she prefers Sam or Joe Manganiello (who plays Alcide Herveaux) in real life, she just couldn’t decide.
While Noelle is too young to watch the show, her mom has let her watch some scenes that involve Chloe directly. However, her normal TV viewing, is more age appropriate, including The Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time, Teen Titans and Modern Family.
But there is one thing she loves about working on True Blood – all the bloody goo. While she informs USA Today, that this goo is made from Ramen and cherry sauce, she was saddened when her own ‘goo’ scene was cut from the show:
There’s a scene… where I was running away from The Authority. We were shooting all these vampires, and they were turning into piles of goo. I love that horror stuff. I got to touch some of the goo — it was so cool. It’s really sticky, but it’s warm.
While Chloe is no longer commited to True Blood, you will still be able to see her weekly news segment every Tuesday on Fox 5 San Diego.
You can read Chloe’s full interview here.
Source: USAToday.com – Q&A: 10-year-old ‘True Blood’ star Chloe Noelle
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)