October 25, 2014
TrueBloodNet.com would like to wish Mariana a very happy birthday! May all your wishes come true!
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
October 1, 2014
Mariana Klaveno Stars as Detective Janice Lawrence in New CBS Police Show:
For fans of HBO’s True Blood, the name Mariana Klaveno is synonymous with the vampire Lorena and her obsession with her progeny Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer). Now that Mariana has joined the cast of CBS’s new police show, Stalker, it appears she is now on the other side of the stalking game.
She stars as Detective Janice Lawrence alongside Dylan McDermott (who plays not only a stalker but a detective who is hunting down stalkers), Maggie Q and Gabriel Bateman. Stalkers follows two detectives from the LAPD’s Threat Assessment Unit as they investigate stalkers in Los Angeles. It is produced by Kevin Williamson (from the Scream franchise). The TV series premiered on the 1st of October 2014 to mixed reviews. For the squeamish in particular, it seems you may want to skip the opening scene to the pilot episode of this new drama. However, considering this new series is paired up with Criminal Minds, I am guessing that the audience will be of a type that is used to this kind of horror.
Let us know if you watched this new series and what you thought of it by commenting below!
Source: The Hollywood Reporter – ‘Stalker’: TV Review
(Photo Credit: Monty Brinton/CBS Broadcasting Inc.)
August 24, 2014
What Would You Rate as the Best and Worst Sex Scenes in HBO’s True Blood?
It’s hard to pick just a few stand out sex scenes in HBO’s True Blood – considering just how many have been dished up to us over the last seven years. But, after much research, here’s my top six list:
- BEST: Ginger (Tara Buck) and Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) finally get it on atop Eric’s throne in Fangtasia. Yep, I really didn’t think this hook up in Season 7 would be as thoroughly entertaining as it turned out to be. I’m not sure if it was Ginger’s undeniable glee, or the fact that she is just so damn excited that she is over and done with in a matter of seconds or if it’s because it was very obviously a nod to the whole vampire fangirldom out there.
- WORST: Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) and Lorena Krasiki (Mariana Klaveno) get bendy in Season 3. This one was just plain weird. And it made me want to throw up in my mouth just a little. Even just thinking about Bill twisting Lorena’s head all the way round as I am typing now is making me nauseous.
- BEST: Jessica Hamby (Deborah Ann Woll) goes to visit Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) in her red riding outfit. Yeah, I’m pretty sure there was a spike in red riding hood capes in 2012 after Jessica wore hers in Season 5.
- WORST: Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) claws his way out of the grave to have sex with Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin). I am still surprised Sookie didn’t need hospitalization after that romp. All that dirt, and in all the wrong places…
- BEST: Jason Stackhouse has a sex dream about Eric Northman – while he’s in church! Yep, I know after six months the effects of vampire blood on a human has probably worn off, but I’m glad to over look that for the fact that these two hooked up in Season 7.
- WORST: Bon Temps has an orgy. Thank you very much Maryann Forrester (Michelle Forbes) for coming to Bon Temps in Season 2 and making me see things that I cannot unsee. Although, on a flip side to this one, we did get a hilarious scene with Jason posing as ‘the god who came’…
What were your best and worst sex scenes from all the seasons of True Blood? Do you think there will be any to rival your faves in the True Blood finale? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!
Alternatively, you can refresh your memory with E!Online’s list of True Blood’s craziest sex scenes by clicking here.
Source: E!Online – We Ranked True Blood’s 12 Craziest Sex Scenes Ever, From Neck Twists to Incest
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
August 8, 2014
Truebies Have the Chance to Bid on Signed True Blood Item:
With HBO’s True Blood meeting the true death in just a few short episodes, fans are scrabbling for the last items of merchandise. Well, how would you like a signed script of True Blood AND help out a charity at the same time? It’s as simple as donating $5 to the Be Brave Foundation True Blood charity event. You can find out all the details below:
Mariana Klaveno, who played Lorena on HBO’s hit series True Blood, is teaming up with the Be Brave Foundation to take a bite out of the financial hardships caused by Childhood Cancer. For every $5 you donate below, you will be entered in a drawing to win a signed script from Mariana from the True Blood, with a personalized message from her. So, the more you donate, the better your chances of winning! And, as a consolation to the person who donates the most money during this campaign, you will receive a personalized signed 8×10 from Mariana. The contest will end August 24 at 11pm. (edt) to coincide with the end of the final episode of True Blood. The winner will be drawn the following day by random number assignment, and will be notified within 24 hours.
To start donating, all you have to do is click here and then follow the instructions on the Be Brave Foundation page.
Source: Be Brave Foundation – Helping Take a Bite Out of Childhood Cancer. Win a Personalized Signed Script From True Blood’s Lorena
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)