August 24, 2014
Who Would You Rate as the Best And Worst Villains from HBO’s True Blood?
With HBO’s True Blood fast coming to a close, I thought I’d rate the best and worst True Blood villains!
- BEST: Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp). Over and over again Sarah has plagued the show, always bringing her warped sense of religious righteousness along with her for the ride. She even outlasted her husband, Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) – no easy feat since he became a vampire in the end. However, it is her tenaciousness and lack of whiny little spinelessness her husband possessed that has made her the top villain we love to hate so much.
- WORST: Mr Gus (Will Yun Lee). Mr. Gus had potential. Anyone who Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) and his progeny, Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) are happy to side with have got to have something going for them after all. However, no one is really sure – Mr. Gus included – if he is even a bad guy. Sure he has the Yakuza backing him up but there just hasn’t been enough plot development for us to really fear him.
- BEST: Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare). The guy ripped out a newsreaders beating heart while they were reading the news. On TV. With millions of people watching. Did Russell care? Oh no, he did not.
- WORST: The Ifrit. Really HBO, a smoke monster? And now Bill (Stephen Moyer) is dreaming of Sookie (Anna Paquin) having babies that look suspiciously like mini-Ifrits. Oh HELL no!
- BEST: Rene Lenier (Michael Raymond-James) Also known as Drew Marshall. Back in Season 1 of True Blood there was a real murder mystery going on. And, for fans of Charlaine Harris’s books (on which True Blood is based), we all just sat back and watched and waited. We knew how shocked people would be when they worked out sexy Cajun Rene, hubby to waitress Arlene (Carrie Preston), was the one murdering cats and grandmothers alike.
- WORST: Bill/Billith (Stephen Moyer). So Bill Compton drank the blood of Lilith (Jessica Clarke) and became Billith. Still not really sure how he un-became Billith, but that’s okay. Maybe that’s the real reason his Hep-V is so virulent now?
So who are your best and worst True Blood villains ever? Let us know by commenting below!
You can also check out TVLine’s list of villains they love to hate to refresh your memory by clicking here.
Source: TVLine – True Blood’s Best & Worst Villains
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
August 22, 2014
Michael McMillian, Will Yun Lee and EJ Scott Dunk Themselves for Charity:
Recently we posted a video of Joe Manganiello (who played werewolf Alcide Herveaux in HBO’s True Blood) participating in the #IceBucketChallenge in a bid to raise awareness and much needed funds for the ALS Association. ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease) is a fatal neurodegenerative disease that falls into the motor neurone disease family.
Well, since then, more True Blood stars have risen to accept the challenge! Michael McMillian (who played Reverend – and then vampire – Steve Newlin), Will Yun Lee (who currently plays Mr. Gus in Season 7) and EJ Scott (who is an honorary True Blood member thanks to his girlfriend Deborah Ann Woll) poured a bucket of icy water over their heads too. You can check out the videos of them below.
Oh, and in case you didn’t notice, Lauren Bowles (who plays True Blood’s Holly Cleary) was nominated by Michael McMillian.
Have you donated to the ALS Association yet? If not you can do so by clicking here.
Sources: Instagram – Michael McMillian
Instagram – Will Yun Lee
YouTube – EJ Scott takes the ice bucket (bowl) challenge.
August 16, 2014
Mr. Gus’ Necklace is Inspired by Alma Katsu’s The Taker Trilogy:
If you have noticed the awesome necklace worn by True Blood’s Mr. Gus (Will Yun Lee) and coveted it, then why not take the opportunity to win a replica of this great piece? The necklace itself is designed by Janet Cadsawan, who designs many pieces of jewelry inspired by literary works (including Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander, EL James’ Fifty Shades of Grey and Deborah Harkness’ Discovery of Witches trilogy). This particular piece is inspired by Alma Katsu’s The Taker trilogy – a series Charlaine Harris herself has read and enjoyed! If you want to learn more on this series of books, you can click here. If you want to enter the contest, then all you need to do is email Alma Katsu at: email@example.com. The lucky winner will be notified after the competition closes at midnight ET on August 19th 2014. The complete set of rules are as follows:
CONTEST RULES: One entry per person. Contest is open to US only: the prize must be sent to a valid US mailing address. Not responsible for items lost or stolen in shipping. Contest ends at midnight ET on August 19th and winner will be chosen via random number generator. Winner will be notified by email within 24 hours of the end of contest and has 72 hours to respond to claim prize. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours a new winner will be chosen, and the same rules will apply.
Source: Alma Katsu – Win a Vial necklace – AS SEEN IN TRUE BLOOD (Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)