August 29, 2013
Find Out Which Shows and Movies Will Contain True Blood Regulars:
Why, check out the True Blood cast in other movies and TV shows, of course! There are plenty to pick from. We have included a list below, but we are sure we have missed some since the True Blood actors are such a talented bunch and in such high demand. If you know of any others, let us know in the comments below and we’ll add it to the list.
- Kristen Bauer van Straten (Pam in True Blood), has been cast alongside Cary Elwes in the offbeat comedy Teen Lust. This has been acquired by Entertainment One and production started in mid-August in Canada
- Janina Gavankar (Luna Garcia) has a couple of roles coming up in TV shows. Firstly, you can watch her in The Vampire Diaries, which premieres it’s fifth season on October 5th 2013. Gavankar stars as Tessa, a woman returning to Mystic Falls to rekindle an old romance. Her stint on this show starts in Episode 3. Secondly, you can see Janina in CW’s web series Husbands. She will star in the show as a trophy wife of sorts – and has possibly killed someone to that position! This certainly sounds intriguing.
- Stephen Moyer has a couple of things going on also. If you like The Sound of Music, then you’d better get excited now, since Moyer will be reprising the role of Capt. George Von Trapp in NBC’s version of this classic movie. Carrie Underwood will play Maria; the role Julie Andrews made famous. If DVDs or BlyRays are your thing, then why not pick up a copy of the newly released movie Evidence? It stars Moyer, Radha Mitchell, and another True Blood star, Dale Dickey (Martha).
- Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte) has been cast to play Shailene Woodley’s father in Fox’s The Fault in Our Stars. In fact, Sam has been very busy of late with several other movies, so you will also need to track down: Crazy Kind of Love, The Aftermath, Things People Do and Me.
- Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica Hamby) has some movies due for release also. Meet Me in Montenegro is the first movie and Woll stars alongside Homeland‘s Rupert Friend. The second movie will be a real treat as it also co-stars Luke Grimes (who played Jessica’s romantic vampire interest, James, in True Blood Season 6. Both of these movies are in post-production.
- Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds) is currently starring in The Butler as Martin Luther King Jr.
- Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux) has just signed up for Magic Mike’s sequel. He also just finished filming alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in the upcoming movie Sabotage.
- Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton) will also be starring alongside another True Blood cast member, Pruitt Taylor Vince, in 13 Sins. Pruitt Taylor Vince played Dr Finn, a therapist at Vamp Camp in True Blood Season 6
- Sad to see Steve Newlin die in Season 6? Well, don’t fear, you can see Michael McMillian in the upcoming movie The Banshee Chapter. This is a supernatural thriller that follows a journalist investigating the disappearance of a friend.
- Speaking of Newlin’s – Anna Camp (who plays Steve’s ex-wife, Sarah Newlin) has a couple of TV shows coming up. Camp will play the ex-girlfriend of main character Brody in TBS’ new sitcom Ground Floor. She will also appear in Season 9 of How I Met Your Mother, playing the part of a troublesome wedding guest.
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell has just been cast in Season 5 of Parenthood. She will play the role of Heather Hall, who is the campaign manager for cast regular Kristina (Monica Potter). Parenthood will return to our screens on Thursday, September 26 2013.
- Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse) is currently soaking up the sun in Rio, but prior to that he has been very busy and has several movies in various stages of completion. Make sure you keep a look out for: Reach Me, The Right Kind of Wrong, 7500 and Knights of Badassdom.
- Tara Buck (Ginger the Screamer) also has several movies coming up: The Night Visitor, Home, My Mother is Not a Fish and Medeas. And, of course, if you’re in Australia, you can catch Tara Buck in the flesh at Club Fangtasia in November.
- Finally, remember Luna’s daughter, Emma? She was played by the adorable little actress Chloe Noelle. Recently, Noelle confirmed on Twitter that she had just signed up for a new TV show. She hasn’t said which one yet, but make sure you follow her on Twitter to find out.
Sources: Variety.com – ‘Teen Lust’ Lures Cary Elwes, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Jesse Carere
TV Line – Vampire Diaries Exclusive: True Blood’s Janina Gavankar Relocates to Mystic Falls
TV Guide – Exclusive: CW’s Web Series Husbands Adds Cast Members from True Blood, CollegeHumor
BroadwayWorld.com – EVIDENCE, Stephen Moyer Coming to Blu-ray/DVD 8/20
TV Guide – True Blood’s Stephen Moyer Joins NBC’s The Sound of Music
Global Post – ‘True Blood’s’ Sam Trammell Joins Shailene Woodley in ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ (Exclusive)
FrontiersLA.com – Here’s How to Keep Up with the ‘True Blood’ Cast
TV Line – Exclusive: It’s a Pitch Perfect Reunion as Anna Camp Guest Stars on TBS’ Ground Floor
Screen Crush – ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Final Season: ‘Office’s Ellie Kemper Out, ‘True Blood’s Anna Camp in
Huffington Post – Jurnee Smollett-Bell Joins ‘Parenthood’ Season 5
IMDb – Ryan Kwanten
IMDb – Tara Buck
Twitter – Chloe Noelle status
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
August 28, 2013
Last Chance to Meet True Blood Stars in Australia:
Yesterday TrueBloodNet announced the arrival of the exclusive pre-sale tickets for mail subscribers to the Club Fangtasia website. Today we can announce that 63% of the allocated VIP tickets are already sold – and normal sales haven’t even commenced yet!
Sales will be available to the general public from tonight (9pm AEST Wednesday 28th August) and will be available by clicking here. So Australian fans need to get in fast to secure your one and only chance to rub shoulders with True Blood celebrities in 2013.
In previous years Australia has held at least one True Blood convention along with Seamus O’Toole’s famous Club Fangtasia event. This year though, no conventions have been scheduled and with the limited amount of tickets available for this premium event, you will be kicking yourself if you miss out on this golden opportunity. And once the tickets are sold, not even the blood of Lilith herself of Ginger’s shrill screams will get you past the doors! However, regardless of whether you purchase VIP tickets or general admission, you are guaranteed a bloody good time!
As we confirmed yesterday, so far Club Fangtasia have secured Tara Buck (Ginger the screamer) and Jessica Clark (Lilith). Tara Buck enthusiastically took to Twitter yesterday to announce her excitement:
And while there are still 68 sleeps until Club Fangtasia’s Halloween event, there is still plenty of time for more True Blood stars to sign up.
Who would you like to see at this event? And have you got your costume sorted yet? I have, but I’m not giving away any clues. If you want to see who I will be dressing as, you will have to buy your ticket now and check out my costume on the night 😉
Source: Club Fangtasia – Facebook page
Tara Buck – Twitter
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
August 27, 2013
Tara Buck and Jessica Clark Confirmed as Attending Club Fangtasia This Year:
With the announcement of another Club Fangtasia event in Australia this year, fans have been anxious to find out prices along with which True Blood stars will be attending the event on November the 4th.
So when the following announcement was made on the Club Fangtasia Facebook page today, fans frantically began hitting refresh in their inbox, in anticipation of news:
Well, that email has FINALLY arrived and TrueBloodNet can confirm that the following True Blood stars will be attending Club Fangtasia at Seamus O’Toole’s this year:
- Ginger (Tara Buck) – yes, she had so much fun partying down under last year that she is glad to return to Club Fangtasia!
- Lilith (Jessica Clark) – here’s your chance to mingle with an actual goddess!
- A little birdy has told me that there just might be another True Blood star or two attending, so make sure you check back here regularly to find out more…
So What are the Ticket Prices?
Tickets are strictly limited, so make sure you get in early to purchase your one and only chance to meet True Blood cast members in Australia in 2013!
Source: Club Fangtasia – Mailing List
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc./ClubFangtasia.com.au)
July 16, 2013
Ticket Sales to be Announced Shortly:
Australia will be rocking it out True Blood-style again this year with their annual Club Fangtasia Halloween party announced. While the tickets are yet to go on sale, we have a date set in stone and the hint of more True Blood celebrities this year with the following announcements being made via the Club Fangtasia Facebook page this week:
New web site has gone live tonight.. Within the next few day all info regarding who from Sheveport and Bon Temp will be joining us…
Source: Club Fangtasia Facebook page (15th July 2012)
Both General Admission and the exclusive (and very elusive) V.I.P tickets will be available again, but you need to get in fast as numbers will be strictly limited this year – there will be only 60 V.I.P available to the public! So what does the V.I.P ticket get you?
- Exclusive access to the upstairs section of Club Fangtasia (the place where fans got to hang with Marshall Allman (Tommy Mickens) and Tara Buck (Ginger) last year)
- One free True Blood fangtail of your choice
- Drinks being made and served by world champion bar man Jamie Chesher
- Fancy Food: Delicate canapes and traditional finger foods will be served throughout the night.
But don’t fret if you only manage to score a general admission ticket, your night will still be bloody fangtastic! There will be the Fangtasia dancers to keep you entertained, plenty of dance space and some amazing draws to enter into. And the True Blood prize pool is bigger and better than last year!
The revamped Club Fangtasia website is now up an running so you can check out all the fun had at the event last year by viewing the photos here.
Make sure you keep checking back here at TrueBloodNet.com for all the latest updates for this event! And let us know which celebrities you would like to see attend Club Fangtasia this year by commenting below.
Sources: Club Fangtasia – Facebook page
Club Fangtasia – Website
(Photo Credit: Club Fangtasia)