August 7, 2013
Could Arlene Fowler Go Bad?
Recently Carrie Preston (who plays recently widowed Arlene Fowler in HBO’s True Blood Season 6), sat down with Vulture.com to discuss just how Terry Bellefleur’s (Todd Lowe) death has affected the Merlotte’s waitress.
One of the first things to crop up, was how long did Carrie know about Terry’s demise:
We knew really early on. They told Todd Lowe, and then Todd sent me a text message, “Adios Terry in episode six.” I was like, “What? What?!” I was freaking out… It’s such a sad, sad thing, and the writers took great pains to really show his PTSD.
In this week’s episode, we saw Arlene stand up to the Bellefleurs and all they stand for, when they requested a military gun salute at Terry’s funeral. Preston was relieved to see this happen. With all Arlene had endured, she is still that tough little battler we all know and love.
Even though fans love her, Arlene is considered one of True Blood’s bigoted characters, when it comes to supernatural beings, there has certainly been a transformation over the years which sees her now biting her tongue or apologising when she does slip up and reveal her prejudices, as was seen recently in relation to her apologising to Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis):
She felt terrible about [snapping at Lafayette] the next day. She’s clearly going through many extremes and is completely unhinged, and I think everybody understands where that’s coming from. But when you’re fundamentally a bit narrow-minded, it’s hard in moments of emotional extremity to not let those things come out. She’s slowly starting to open her mind up to the possibilities of things she doesn’t understand.
Could all this death around her, possibly bring out Arlene’s darker side? According to Preston, she wished Arlene had dabbled in witchcraft!
Arlene’s a very controlling person, and she could have put spells on people to control them.
Now wouldn’t that be a sight to see?
You can view the entire interview with Carrie Preston by clicking here.
Source: Vulture.com – True Blood’s Carrie Preston on TV Death, Day Drinking, and Arlene Going Dark
July 31, 2013
So, what did everyone think of HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 7, entitled In the Evening? Did you find yourself laughing out loud? Crying into your Tru Blood? Let us know which quote is your favourite by commenting below!
Source: Rachel Tsoumbakos – MEMES: True Blood Season 7 – Episode 6 #TBQuotes
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc./Rachel Tsoumbakos)
July 18, 2013
The Plot Thickens:
Fans of HBO’s True Blood Season 6 are biting their nails as they await the episode in which one of their True Blood favorites dies. Is this the episode in which it will occur? HBO has released the official synopsis:
Bill (Stephen Moyer) decides to seek out Lillith (Jessica Clark) for advice on handling the escalating human-vampire crisis. Eric (Alexander Skarsgård), Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten), Nora (Lucy Griffiths), Jason (Ryan Kwanten) and Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) get up-close-and-personal looks at the perverse perils of Vamp Camp. Sam (Sam Trammell) comes to a decision he hopes will be in Emma’s (Chloe Noelle) best interest. Andy (Chris Bauer) gives his faerie daughter a name, or two or three or four. Arlene (Carrie Preston) has a solution to Terry’s (Todd Lowe) malaise, and Eric makes a startling discovery.
So Andy finally names one of his fairy kids and everyone else appears to be in peril? What’s new for True Blood! Although the fact that Eric Northman makes a startling discovery has me completely intrigued. And why did they let Jason Stackhouse into Vamp Camp so quickly? What do you think will happen in this week’s episode? Let us know in the comments below.
Source: HBO.com – True Blood Season 6 Episode 6 ‘Don’t You Feel Me?’ Synopsis
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
July 16, 2013
True Blood Season 6 Half Way Finished-Where Will the Next Episode Take Us?:
We are half way through Season 6 of HBO’s hit show True Blood, and things just keep heating up! The war between vampires and humans continues to escalate, while love and loyalties will continue to be tested. We know that a major character is supposed to die in Season 6, and that it is to happen around the half way point, could Episode 6 be the ending for one our beloved characters?
HBO has released the details of Episode 6 of True Blood:
“Bill (Stephen Moyer) decides to seek out Lillith (Jessica Clark) for advice on handling the escalating human-vampire crisis. Eric (Alexander Skarsgård), Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten), Nora (Lucy Griffiths), Jason (Ryan Kwanten) and Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) get up-close-and-personal looks at the perverse perils of Vamp Camp. Sam (Sam Trammell) comes to a decision he hopes will be in Emma’s (Chloe Noelle) best interest. Andy (Chris Bauer) gives his faerie daughter a name, or two or three or four. Arlene (Carrie Preston) has a solution to Terry’s (Todd Lowe) malaise, and Eric makes a startling discovery”.
This episode is written by Daniel Kenneth and Directed by Howard Deutch.
I can’t help but notice that the main character Sookie Stackhouse(Anna Paquin) and Lafayette Reynolds(Nelsan Ellis) are not mentioned in the Press Release, when we last saw these two Layfayette’s body had been taken over by Sookie’s deceased father, who was trying to drown Sookie…I wonder if this storyline could be the major death plot line…Guess we will have to just wait and see!
Episode 6 aires this Sunday July 21 on HBO at 9:00pm ET/PT.
Check out the promo here for what’s next on True Blood!
Source: Youtube: True Blood 6×06 Promo “Don’t You Feel Me” (HD) Season 6 Episode 6
Spoilertv.com: True Blood: Episode 6.06 -Don’t You Feel Me-Press Release
(Photo credit)HBO John P. Johnson
July 9, 2013
What went down:
- Ben (Robert Kazinsky) is Warlow! Like we didn’t see that coming. Nice to see he seems to have a bit of a conscience and saves Jason (Ryan Kwanten) for Sookie (Anna Paquin) though….
- Oh so Warlow is Lilith’sPROGENY. And he is the only one who can kill her according to Nora (Lucy Griffiths) and the misinterpreted Vampire Bible verse. So it’s aBillith vs Barlow battle then (thanks so much to http://ericandsookielovers.com for penning that term BTW)
- Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) learns what happens when you poke a stick at awerewolf: people die. Lucky Sam (Sam Trammell) is close by to ‘ease’ her pain…
- So we’re getting a ‘two-for-the-price-of-one’ war: Vamps vs. Humans and Were vs. Shifters thanks to Alcide (Joe Manganiello) going all alpha male on Sam
- Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) work out where Tara (Rutina Wesley) took Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire) – thank you very much maker magic…
- The fairy-babies read Terry’s (Todd Lowe) mangled mind
- Eric turns Willa. Who turns out to beAWESOME as a baby vamp. Up until Eric sends her home to daddy. Thanks to her fangbanger tendencies she didn’t realise she was just a pawn in the war until Eric broke it to her
- So Andy’s (Chris Bauer) fairy-babies grow boobs overnight and go all dumb-fairies-with-hormones. As a result Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) and Billith (Stephen Moyer) abduct them. The crappy thing is that the pair of them were perfectly happy to abduct BABIES (Did anyone else hate Jessica more than Billith in this episode?)
- Fairy blood has a short attention span – who would have guessed? Billith has to keep his fairy hostages alive in order to synthesise their blood. SO HE LEAVES A NEW VAMPIRE IN CHARGE OF THEM. What could possibly go wrong?!
- Sookie works out Ben is Warlow. Donning her big girl panties she concocts a plan to get
naked with himbring the lying bastard down
- Jason and Niall (Rutger Hauer) work out the same thing at the same time. Their plan doesn’t work: Jason gets glamoured (did anyone else’s heart break while watching Jason cry over Granddaddy Niall?) and Niall gets sent to the icky dimension from whence Warlow came
- Ben/Warlow doesn’t seem to like ingesting blood
- Jason REALLY isn’t gay
- Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) is bumping uglies with Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard) AND it looks like she might be pregnant…
- Oh, look, Sam’s a pony
- *high five* to the Obnoxious Counter Guy from Season 1, Episode 1 of HBO’s True Blood
- Jessica can eat fairies without getting high
- Nora gets arrested. Pam gets arrested.Ginger (Tara Buck) gets a free pass to the ominous ‘Camp’. Looks like Willa will too. Jessica and Billith get Andy’s attention for abducting his fairy-babies. Suddenly Billith’s vision is looking more likely…
- Sookie goes all fairy-light-balls on Barlow’s arse
So Episode 4, At Last, sure was a jam-packed one! Let me know what you thought by commenting below.
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
July 3, 2013
The Talented Actress Also Produces and Directs
In addition to portraying waitress Arlene Fowler on HBO’s True Blood, Carrie Preston is proud to be a producer and director of independent films. As an actress, Ms. Preston’s storyline on True Blood rarely intersects with those of other actors on the show. Despite that isolation, Ms. Preston believes Arlene has evolved slightly, over six seasons. Ms. Preston’s evolution over six years has been as a producer/director of two independent films (Girl Talk, That’s What She Said). She is currently directing a web series (Darwin), and passionately embraces the technology currently used to produce content.
As far as Ms. Preston is concerned, True Blood is a show about a bar. Her character, Arlene Fowler, is a waitress in Merlott’s Bar and is rarely seen elsewhere. A few of the other sets, not used in Arlene’s storyline, are on different stages and it’s sometimes years before Ms. Preston even stops by to see them. She finds it exciting to watch a complete episode of True Blood, because she gets to see what her colleagues were working on while she was serving drinks. Despite Arlene’s isolation, which lends itself to her representation of the narrow-minded and disenfranchised, Ms. Preston believes her character has managed to evolve slightly. She points out that vampire Jessica Hamby (Deborah Ann Woll) attended Arlene’s wedding, which is a huge deal for her character.
In addition to True Blood, Ms. Preston has recurring roles on other shows such as The Good Wife and Person of Interest. However, her true passion is for independent film, which has grown out of her love for unique films:
“I definitely geek out over indie filmmaking,” she laughs. “I have a production company and I’ve directed and produced two features and starred in a third. Right now, I’m directing a Web series [Darwin] some friends have written. We’ve got the first three episodes edited together, and now we’re trying to figure out where we’re going to put them. That whole world of indie content making and the equipment people use, the types of cameras and the new technology around, plus getting that content out to the viewer — all of that stuff is endlessly fascinating to me.”
Ms. Preston is excited about being a filmmaker in the 21st century because the technology, particularly the internet, has allowed viewers to access a variety of movies and to select what they’re looking for. The downside of this, according to Ms. Preston, is that viewers have grown to believe they deserve to receive content for free. Modern indie filmmakers haven’t yet learned how to monetize the content they’re producing. Additionally, the competition from big-budged studio television and movies is intense:
“We’re competing with TV and film and the mall movies that are so spectacular, that sometimes our audience is not forgiving.”
Still, Ms. Preston loves the technology used make movies, so much so that she refers to herself as the ‘tech geek’ in her marriage. Ms. Preston’s husband is actor Michael Emerson (Lost), and they both appreciate the irony of his portraying a computer genius on his show, Person of Interest. Between the two of them, Ms. Preston says that she handles all things electronics, and that Mr. Emerson tackles the shopping, cooking and decorating. Ms. Preston finds it ‘adorable’ when Mr. Emerson calls to ask her questions about Java.
June 26, 2013
Which One’s Your Fave True Blood Quote?
Which one was your fave?
Did I miss any?
Let me know in the comments below!
Source: Rachel Tsoumbakos – MEMES: True Blood Season 6 – Episode 2 #TBQuotes
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc./Rachel Tsoumbakos)
June 20, 2013
True Blood’s Season 6 Premiere Kicked Off In a Big Way:
For those of you who may have missed the live social media event hosted by HBO prior to the Season 6 True Blood Premiere, HBO has posted all the Q&A’s on their HBO Connect website! For the first time ever our favourite cast members appeared live on the set of Fangtasia to answer fans burning questions. True Blood’s Season 6 is sure to come with many ups and downs…check out some of my favourite questions, and hit the link to the HBO site for full Q&A details! Or you can check out the actual You Tube video if you have 15 minutes to burn!
Q (For all cast members): Without giving too much away are there any scenes in Season Six that made you cry in real life?
A): This is a season that takes its toll on the humans for sure.
Q(For Alex) 1st Season Eric was evil, then amnesia Eric wasn’t – do you think THIS SEASON’s Eric is a nice mix of the both, or more evil?
A): I’d say the old Eric is pretty much back. But the Amnesia changed him fundamentally, and he’ll always carry that experience within.
Q): Who does the best impression of other characters on True Blood?
A): Chris Bauer: Without a doubt the best mimic on our set, and in my opinion most underrated actor, is Sammy Trammell. If anyone wants to have a conversation with Alexander Skarsgard, and he can’t be there, just have Sam imitate him instead. It’s uncanny.
Check out full Q&A here: http://connect.hbo.com/events/true-blood/trueblood-live-set/?cmpid=ABC162
Source: HBO Connect-#TrueBlood Live From the Set-Archived Q&A with #Trueblood:Live from the Set
Video Credit(YouTube.com) True Blood Season 6 Live From the Set
Photo Credit(Wetpaint)-True Bloods Season 6 Cast Parties for Premiere!(PHOTOS)
June 20, 2013
Episode 1, Who Are You, Really? Memes:
Okay, we’re starting something new up here on TrueBloodNet for Season 6 of HBO’s True Blood. This season we will be posting all your fave quotes from each episode as memes!
Now, for the first week back, I found it REALLY hard to pick just a few memes from Episode 1, (entitled, Who Are You, Really?), in the end I decided not to narrow it down to just five or ten memes and included all the humorous lines I could find!
So, without further adieu, here they are:
So, what do you think? Which quote’s your favorite? Did I miss any quotable quotes? Let me know in the comments below.
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
June 12, 2013
Get Inspired With These Easy (But Bloody) True Blood-Inspired Ideas:
There are only a few days dragging by until June 16th and the Season 6 premiere of HBO’s True Blood. While #WaitingSucks, it also gives you the opportunity to get your premiere party sorted ahead of time.
Normally I reserve gran’s pecan pie recipe for the finale, so I can cry along like Sookie (Anna Paquin) did in Season 1, but there are plenty of other ideas to whet every truebie’s appetite!
For starters there are a couple of great recipe books out dedicated entirely to True Blood-inspired cuisine:
True Blood Drinks & Bites is the newest recipe book on the market, but there is also True Blood: Eats, Drinks, and Bites from Bon Temps. NotQuiteNigella.com also offers a sumptuous spread that will moisten your creative juices. Heck, even Charlaine Harris offers a recipe for the infamous Chocolate Cake that Caroline Bellefleur makes for special occasions in the Southern Vampire Mysteries books (the series which inspired HBO’s True Blood.) You can find that recipe (along with several more) in Harris’ The Sookie Stackhouse Companion.
While all these recipes are awesome, there are still plenty of creative ideas left to inspire your True Blood premiere party.
- Why not use Talbot (Theo Alexander) as inspiration and make jello or fruit punch in a crystal candy jar? If you have any gummi body part treats or chocolate eyeballs left over from Halloween, even better.
- Speaking of Talbot – remember when he served blood as soup? Tomato soup would be great, but, as an alternative, why not try chilled beetroot soup?
- Layfayette (Nelsan Ellis) is known for his special burger recipe at Merlotte’s. While burgers are unwieldy at a party, why not make Lafayette meat balls? Dunking little wooden toothpicks in red food colouring (bloody stakes) completes the ensemble.
- Hot dogs dipped in plenty of tomato sauce (using more bloody stakes of course) – say hello to Billith!
- Of course, thanks to the emergence of all the fairies in Bon Temps in Season 5, why not serve the kindergarten classic: fairy bread?
- When thinking of True Blood inspired food, it’s a MUST to serve red velvet cupcakes. (Well that’s my excuse anyway!) But why not #ShowYourFangs and add some candy teeth to the top? Or, alternatively, try some bloody splatters of red food colouring thickened with corn syrup.
- Did you know that you can purchase food grade plastic syringes (without the needle top, of course)? These can be filled with Tru Blood jello shots and left in a bowl (or you can re-use Talbot if everyone has finished with the fruit punch).
- Did the jello shots make you thirsty? Well, the classic Tequila Sunrise goes perfectly with Arlene’s (Carrie Preston) hair.
- STILL thirsty? My fave Tru Blood cocktail involves Tru blood, vodka, triple sec and lemon juice. At Club Fangtasia, they call that a Plasmapolitan!
Have you got any other suggestions? Let me know by commenting below!
Sources: Rachel Tsoumbakos – TRUE BLOOD WEEK: What’s on Your Premiere Party Menu?
Amazon – True Blood: Eats, Drinks, and Bites from Bon Temps
Amazon – True Blood Drinks & Bites
Amazon – The Sookie Stackhouse Companion: A Complete Guide to the Sookie Stackhouse Series
Not Quite Nigella – A True Blood Dinner Party!
Rachel Tsoumbakos – True Blood Season 5 Finale – Gran’s Pecan Pie Recipe
Club Fangtasia – Website
(Photo Credits: Rachel Tsoumbakos/HBO Inc.)