July 22, 2013
Heads Will be Lost:
We are over half way through Season 6 of True Blood, and the hits just keep on coming! The Season 6 Episode 7 “Official” Promo has now been released for our viewing pleasure! Here’s what we know based on the promo:
1) Governor Burrell is dead…he’s gone and lost his head! Mrs. Newlin(Anna Camp) wants his death to remain a secret..it looks like this blonde is smarter and more calculating than she originally appears to be.
2) Eric(Alexander Skarsgard) reaches out to Billith(Stephen Moyer) to help save a brunette, we assume that this is Nora(Lucy Griffiths) after she has been injected with hepatitis a terminal disease for vampires.
3) Jason(Ryan Kwanten) is in hot pursuit to redeem his foolish behaviour, and is planning to make things right with Jessica(Deborah Ann Woll).
4) It appears that Vamp Camp is not the end goal of the war against vampires, but rather an elimination of the entire vampire species..True Blood is being tainted with hepatitis!
Check out the promo for Season 6 Episode 7 of True Blood “In the Evening” to see whats in store next Sunday July 28!
Source: You Tube– True Blood 6×07 Promo- In the Evening Season 6 Episode 7
(Photo Credit) John P. Johnson HBO
July 17, 2013
What were your favorites?
Did I miss any?
Let me know in the comments section below!
Source: Rachel Tsoumbakos – MEMES: True Blood Season 6 – Episode 5 #TBQuotes
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc./Rachel Tsoumbakos)
July 15, 2013
What did you think of HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 5, entitled F*ck the Pain Away? While I found there were moments of daytime television and bad lesbian prison porn, over all, I think this is my fave episode for Season 6 so far.
What went down:
- WTF?! Sookie’s (Anna Paquin) parents tried to kill her? Really Warlow (Robert Kazinsky), I don’t believe your lies!
- Oh, so NOW Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) is high…and remains so (with great hilarity) throughout Episode 5
- Billith (Stephen Moyer) steals Benlow thanks to maker magic
- Andy (Chris Bauer) finds his fae-girls – and only one of them survives. With the help of some vamper blood, Andy is able to revive her and discover Billith’s
plan to save the vampiresevil plot
- Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) and Tara (Rutina Wesley) surrender in order to break Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) out of prison. This plan will only work if Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire) has convinced her daddy, Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard), that vampires are humans too. Oops, guess Eric didn’t get that memo…
- Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) is a typical small town, narrow minded lady-dog who just likes to meddle in the lives of others. And when she can’t convince Burrell to marry her, she moves on to Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten). When Jessica arrives on the scene, all fairy-blood high and claiming that Billith may not be god, but the devil instead, Sarah has her arrested – but not before there is a daytime television, lesbian-fuelled, bible-off
- NOTE TO HBO: How can Sarah Newlin rescind Jessica’s invitation into Jason’s house?
- We find out the nuts and bolts (but mainly the nuts when Warlow gets naked) of the Warlow and Lilith (Jessica Clarke) backstory – which gets a bit weird when Lilith’s face becomes Billith’s and we are reminded of the shaving scene between Jason and Ben in Episode 4
- HBO are crap at making guys look hot with long-haired wigs
- Alcide (Joe Manganiello) is just a small wolf trying to pee in a large pond
- NOTE TO ALCIDE: don’t disown your daddy because later on (as according to the almighty laws of TV) he will be the one who finds Sam (Sam Trammell) and Emma (Chloe Noelle)
- The werewolf storyline is boring
- Vamp camp is really just
bad lesbian prison porna lab rat version of The Hunger Games, what with it’s reapingnumber system and gladiator pit and all…
- Pam goes into therapy. Since she is new at having to discuss her feelings and all that crap, she should probably be forgiven for ending up in the aforementioned gladiator pit with her ex-maker after claiming she has no feelings towards him. Probably… but I will save my decision until the outcome of Episode 6
- Terry (Todd Lowe) hires an old mate, Justin, to kill him
- Sookie hires Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) to make contact with her dead parents and it turns out Benlow was right – her daddy, at least, was trying to kill her in order to save her from becoming a vampire-fairy hybrid. And YAY, Lafayette FINALLY gets his own storyline in Season 6!
- Maybe Benlow isn’t nasty, maybe he’s just lonely since he’s the only one of his kind…
- Sam is a tool, not only for being callous to Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) after she tries to phone her parents and let them know she’s alive, but for forgetting that Luna (Janina Gavankar) has only just died…
- The shifter story is boring
- Jason joins up with the LAVTF in an attempt to save Jessica
- Lafayette gets possessed by Sookie’s dad and tries to finish off what he started all those years ago…
- Billith is nearly as good at mimicking Lilith as Lafayette is at being Corbett (Sookie’s dad)
- Sarah and Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) join forces again to present the Gov. with the ultimate Hunger Games event: The Eric vs. Pam Stake Off!
So what did you think of Episode 5, F*ck the Pain Away?
Source: Rachel Tsoumbakos – IN A NUTSHELL: True Blood Season 6, Episode 5 Recap
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
July 9, 2013
What went down:
- Ben (Robert Kazinsky) is Warlow! Like we didn’t see that coming. Nice to see he seems to have a bit of a conscience and saves Jason (Ryan Kwanten) for Sookie (Anna Paquin) though….
- Oh so Warlow is Lilith’sPROGENY. And he is the only one who can kill her according to Nora (Lucy Griffiths) and the misinterpreted Vampire Bible verse. So it’s aBillith vs Barlow battle then (thanks so much to http://ericandsookielovers.com for penning that term BTW)
- Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) learns what happens when you poke a stick at awerewolf: people die. Lucky Sam (Sam Trammell) is close by to ‘ease’ her pain…
- So we’re getting a ‘two-for-the-price-of-one’ war: Vamps vs. Humans and Were vs. Shifters thanks to Alcide (Joe Manganiello) going all alpha male on Sam
- Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) work out where Tara (Rutina Wesley) took Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire) – thank you very much maker magic…
- The fairy-babies read Terry’s (Todd Lowe) mangled mind
- Eric turns Willa. Who turns out to beAWESOME as a baby vamp. Up until Eric sends her home to daddy. Thanks to her fangbanger tendencies she didn’t realise she was just a pawn in the war until Eric broke it to her
- So Andy’s (Chris Bauer) fairy-babies grow boobs overnight and go all dumb-fairies-with-hormones. As a result Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) and Billith (Stephen Moyer) abduct them. The crappy thing is that the pair of them were perfectly happy to abduct BABIES (Did anyone else hate Jessica more than Billith in this episode?)
- Fairy blood has a short attention span – who would have guessed? Billith has to keep his fairy hostages alive in order to synthesise their blood. SO HE LEAVES A NEW VAMPIRE IN CHARGE OF THEM. What could possibly go wrong?!
- Sookie works out Ben is Warlow. Donning her big girl panties she concocts a plan to get
naked with himbring the lying bastard down
- Jason and Niall (Rutger Hauer) work out the same thing at the same time. Their plan doesn’t work: Jason gets glamoured (did anyone else’s heart break while watching Jason cry over Granddaddy Niall?) and Niall gets sent to the icky dimension from whence Warlow came
- Ben/Warlow doesn’t seem to like ingesting blood
- Jason REALLY isn’t gay
- Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) is bumping uglies with Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard) AND it looks like she might be pregnant…
- Oh, look, Sam’s a pony
- *high five* to the Obnoxious Counter Guy from Season 1, Episode 1 of HBO’s True Blood
- Jessica can eat fairies without getting high
- Nora gets arrested. Pam gets arrested.Ginger (Tara Buck) gets a free pass to the ominous ‘Camp’. Looks like Willa will too. Jessica and Billith get Andy’s attention for abducting his fairy-babies. Suddenly Billith’s vision is looking more likely…
- Sookie goes all fairy-light-balls on Barlow’s arse
So Episode 4, At Last, sure was a jam-packed one! Let me know what you thought by commenting below.
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
July 2, 2013
The One Where Ginger the Screamer Returns and Eric Northman gets a New Human:
What went down:
- Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) does bad things to Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire). Well, he would, if security weren’t onto them. So he kidnaps her instead!
- Jason (Ryan Kwanten) is suddenly getting headaches – is it Warlow causing these?
- Sookie (Anna Paquin) gets cranky with Niall (Rutger Hauer) because he thinks she isn’t scared of Warlow
- Willa is either gathering info for her father, or a VERY good liar. It seems she’s Team Vampire – and more so, Team Eric’s Blood when she owns up to the fact her mother kissed a vampire and liked it. She then tries to seduce him in his coffin. Either way, she will make an excellent
hostagenegotiating tool between Eric and Willa’s dad, Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard)
- Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and Tara (Rutina Wesley) are annoyed at Eric for taking Willa hostage. Eric spends a great deal of time in this episode yelling at them – am I the only one loving this dynamic?
- Crap – it’s Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian)! He’s been taken to the mysterious ‘camp’ – which turns out to be some sort of
concentration camplaboratory for learning more about vampires
- Oh, and double crap – it’s Steve’s wife, Sarah (Anna Camp). Boy does she have some unresolved break up issues to sort out with Steve! Best scene of the night though.
- Sam (Sam Trammell) gets help from Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell). Which turns out to be a bit of a double-edged sword later on in the episode…
- *SCREAMS* It’s Ginger (Tara Buck)! Who’s glad this ditzy blonde is back? And she’s just as confused as ever. After being coerced into letting Eric, Willa, Pam and Tara into her house, she then proceeds to give them all a place to stay, answers Eric’s phone when she shouldn’t have and then has to side-track the Gov. when Eric’s untraceable phone is miraculously traced. Shit, hope Ginger isn’t the one Brian Buckner was talking about!
- Billith (Stephen Moyer) can walk in the sun – oh look, no he can’t! Was is just me, or was this the funniest scene of the night? Delusional much, Bill?
- Niall pays a visit to Club Fairy – it’s been attacked! Is Ben (Robert Kazinsky) okay? Or am I not the only one who is starting to think that maybe Ben is Warlow? Or at least being glamoured by Warlow? Niall is tasked with sending the only remaining living family back home. Oh, and why is that blood glowing like that? He takes some home to show Sookie and Jason
- Speaking of; Sookie and Jason are having a heart to heart about Jason’s racist ways
- Andy (Chris Bauer) and Holly (Lauren Bowles) get a bit of a look in this week. Oh, and Andy’s fairy kids are now pre-teen – and Billith finds out about them.
- Alcide (Joe Manganiello) lies to the cops about having Emma (Chloe Noelle). So does Rikki (Kelly Overton) and Martha (Dale Dickey). Then Rikki becomes even more unlikeable when she forces Emma to shift into a puppy so the police don’t find her
- Oh look, Sam’s an owl!
- Ben and Niall meet. There’s some wicked talking between the lines going on in that conversation and then Ben pledges his alliance to Team Sookie. So Ben is good? Or is Niall an adherent to the adage ‘keep your friends close, but your enemies closer‘?
- Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) dons a naughty schoolgirl costume and attends the lecture of Hido Takahashi (Keone Young). It seems he can synthesize human blood
- Speaking of blood – Billith wants Sookie’s hybrid human-fairy blood. He thinks it will save the vampires from the sun-meeting vision he had in Episode 2. I guess Andy’s kids are the back-up plan…
- Nicole tries to get the werewolves on her side – it’s no surprise it ends badly. At least it gives Sam a chance to rescue Emma. And remember what I said about the double-edged sword? That comes into play here…
- Tara steals Willa
- Warlow makes an appearance. Oh wait, no, that’s just Nora (Lucy Griffiths)!
- But is Jason dead???????
Did anyone else think Episode 3, You’re No Good, fly by waaaaaaay too quickly? Yeah, me too – can’t WAIT for HBO’s True Blood Episode 4, entitled At Last!
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
January 17, 2013
Spoilery Details Can Be Found In New Character Descriptions
Season 6 of the HBO series True Blood has begun filming the ten episodes that will air this summer. While no start date has been announced, it’s rumored June is a safe bet. New show-runner Mark Hudis announced the production is casting two new characters as series regulars. It’s possible that dedicated fans can read between the lines of the descriptions to glean hints and spoilers of what’s to come in Season 6.
The first of the two characters lands on the evil side of things. Crooked politician, Creighton Burrell, has no love for vampires. Burrell’s wife abandoned him and their daughter when she ran off with a vampire. As the Governor of Louisiana, Burrell often lets his personal ambitions overpower his humanity.
The second of the new characters is ‘do-gooder’ Nicole Jannsen. Nicole is a key member of group of well-meaning activists. Nicole herself has no concerns for money and worries only about doing the right thing.
“When the show returns, we’ll be introduced to a cockeyed optimist named Nicole Jannsen who runs with a (no pun intended) pack of civil rights activists in the (pun intended) vein of the 1960s Freedom Riders. Unfortunately for the lot of ’em, their good intentions aren’t necessarily backed up by a whole lotta common sense.”
Since no casting decisions have been announced, who would be on your True Blood acting dream team? If you could cast anyone you wanted in both roles, who would it be?