August 20, 2014
A Recipe to Get You in the Mood for the True Blood Finale:
So here we are, at the very end of HBO’s True Blood and we are crying like Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) did after her Gran died all the way back in Season 1. In tribute of this sad event, I am reposting my recipe for Gran’s Pecan Pie, so all you truebies can cry into their pie while watching the True Blood Season 7 finale!
Gran’s Cryin’ Pecan Pie
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
113grams cold, unsalted butter, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
395gram tin sweetened condensed milk
60grams brown sugar
2 tsps Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur (or 1 tsp of vanilla extract)
1/4 cup maple syrup
Pecan halves, to decorate
- Add all the pastry ingredients to a food processor and whiz until totally combined.
- Grease a pie dish and, using your fingers, press out the pastry dough until smooth.
- Bake in the over at 340 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add all the pie filling ingredients (except the eggs) to a pan and heat on a medium temperature until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking quickly to prevent them cooking unevenly.
- Turn the heat back on to low and whisk until the mixture thickens into custard.
- Pour into the pie crust and decorate with pecan halves
- Refrigerate until set and serve with either whipped cream or ice cream
- Enjoy! (But don’t forget to cry while eating it.)
If you are making this pie, why not take a photo or video of you crying into it, and post it (or the link) in the comments below!
Source: Rachel Tsoumbakos – True Blood Season 5 Finale – Gran’s Pecan Pie Recipe
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc. & Rachel Tsoumbakos)