August 24, 2014
Who Would You Rate as the Best And Worst Villains from HBO’s True Blood?
With HBO’s True Blood fast coming to a close, I thought I’d rate the best and worst True Blood villains!
- BEST: Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp). Over and over again Sarah has plagued the show, always bringing her warped sense of religious righteousness along with her for the ride. She even outlasted her husband, Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) – no easy feat since he became a vampire in the end. However, it is her tenaciousness and lack of whiny little spinelessness her husband possessed that has made her the top villain we love to hate so much.
- WORST: Mr Gus (Will Yun Lee). Mr. Gus had potential. Anyone who Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) and his progeny, Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) are happy to side with have got to have something going for them after all. However, no one is really sure – Mr. Gus included – if he is even a bad guy. Sure he has the Yakuza backing him up but there just hasn’t been enough plot development for us to really fear him.
- BEST: Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare). The guy ripped out a newsreaders beating heart while they were reading the news. On TV. With millions of people watching. Did Russell care? Oh no, he did not.
- WORST: The Ifrit. Really HBO, a smoke monster? And now Bill (Stephen Moyer) is dreaming of Sookie (Anna Paquin) having babies that look suspiciously like mini-Ifrits. Oh HELL no!
- BEST: Rene Lenier (Michael Raymond-James) Also known as Drew Marshall. Back in Season 1 of True Blood there was a real murder mystery going on. And, for fans of Charlaine Harris’s books (on which True Blood is based), we all just sat back and watched and waited. We knew how shocked people would be when they worked out sexy Cajun Rene, hubby to waitress Arlene (Carrie Preston), was the one murdering cats and grandmothers alike.
- WORST: Bill/Billith (Stephen Moyer). So Bill Compton drank the blood of Lilith (Jessica Clarke) and became Billith. Still not really sure how he un-became Billith, but that’s okay. Maybe that’s the real reason his Hep-V is so virulent now?
So who are your best and worst True Blood villains ever? Let us know by commenting below!
You can also check out TVLine’s list of villains they love to hate to refresh your memory by clicking here.
Source: TVLine – True Blood’s Best & Worst Villains
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
August 16, 2014
Mr. Gus’ Necklace is Inspired by Alma Katsu’s The Taker Trilogy:
If you have noticed the awesome necklace worn by True Blood’s Mr. Gus (Will Yun Lee) and coveted it, then why not take the opportunity to win a replica of this great piece? The necklace itself is designed by Janet Cadsawan, who designs many pieces of jewelry inspired by literary works (including Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander, EL James’ Fifty Shades of Grey and Deborah Harkness’ Discovery of Witches trilogy). This particular piece is inspired by Alma Katsu’s The Taker trilogy – a series Charlaine Harris herself has read and enjoyed! If you want to learn more on this series of books, you can click here. If you want to enter the contest, then all you need to do is email Alma Katsu at: email@example.com. The lucky winner will be notified after the competition closes at midnight ET on August 19th 2014. The complete set of rules are as follows:
CONTEST RULES: One entry per person. Contest is open to US only: the prize must be sent to a valid US mailing address. Not responsible for items lost or stolen in shipping. Contest ends at midnight ET on August 19th and winner will be chosen via random number generator. Winner will be notified by email within 24 hours of the end of contest and has 72 hours to respond to claim prize. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours a new winner will be chosen, and the same rules will apply.
Source: Alma Katsu – Win a Vial necklace – AS SEEN IN TRUE BLOOD (Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
March 31, 2014
‘Mr. Gus’ and ‘The Figure’ Will Shake Things Up:
With only two months to go until the premiere of HBO’s True Blood Season 7, fans are starting to wonder how things will unfold. Besides the obvious questions about our beloved characters whose lives were left hanging in the balance in the Season 6 finale, fans are now wondering who will be the new villains of Season 7.
Well, thanks to TVLine and E!Online, we have some news for you!
Besides the fact that Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) is still on the run and potentially returning to cause more havoc in the seventh and final season of True Blood, there are two new characters we now need to keep an eye on.
Okay, now right off the bat, I getting a comic book feel to this character. Who is called ‘The Figure‘ anyway? Will he simply be hiding in the shadows and popping out occasionally to vaporize his victims? Does a character with a name like that even speak? Apparently he does:
He’s described as “scary, hulking, ugly, mean and crafty… like Leatherface or Jason Voorhees, but this guy talks.”
is how Michael Ausiello described this character.
To thicken the plot, it seems this character will appear in Episode 1 of Season 7 (entitled ‘Jesus Gonna Be Here‘, and directed by True Blood actor, Stephen Moyer). Considering this character has just had a casting call to appear in an episode which was reportedly filmed back in January 2014, it will be interesting to see how Season 7 will unfurl.
I also wonder if The Figure will have anything to do with the Sookie (Anna Paquin) and Tara (Rutina Wesley) flashback that is supposed to occur in this episode?
Next up we have Mr. Gus. According to E!Online, they can’t wait to see this guy show up in Season 7:
He’s a Japan native who has fully embraced the “everything’s bigger in Texas” way of living. The only thing bigger than his lavish, southern lifestyle? His quest for revenge, and trust us when we tell you, you do not want to cross him.
Now this sounds intriguing. I wonder who he has a vendetta against? There are so many choices. Who do you think he is going to exact revenge on? Let us know in the comments below!
(Photo Credit: Emre Unayli/HBO Inc.)