July 3, 2013
The New Girl on the Block Opens up on her Character Nicole:
True Blood’s Season 6 has added several new characters to Season 6 with the hopes of continuing to shake things up! Jurnee Smollett-Bell joined True Blood in Season 6, episode 2 as vampire rights activist Nicole.
Entertainment Weekly caught up with Jurnee looking to get the inside scoop on the mysterious Nicole in Season 6!
In response to the question; “Is Nicole Human?” Jurnee says “I don’t know if they are letting me say what I am or not!” Leaves the fans wondering just what is in store for Nicole, and if she is more than just a mere human…
When asked what she is most excited for people to see this year, she responded:
“My character, there’s a lot of action which is fun. [Doing stunts] was new for me on a TV show. I’d done it in films, but this TV show feels like a film. You’ve got special effects, and wolves, and animals and blood! All this stuff that makes it feel like you’re on a film set. It’s so cool. It’s so much fun it should be criminal”.
True Blood fans will be sure to be on the edge of their seats waiting to see what is in store for Nicole and the other Supes that her storyline will cross paths with!
To read the full interview check the link below!
Source: Entertainment Weekly– “True Blood’: Jurnee Smollett-Bell talks joining the cast and her mysterious debut as Nicole
(Photo Credit) John P Johnson HBO
July 2, 2013
The One Where Ginger the Screamer Returns and Eric Northman gets a New Human:
What went down:
- Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) does bad things to Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire). Well, he would, if security weren’t onto them. So he kidnaps her instead!
- Jason (Ryan Kwanten) is suddenly getting headaches – is it Warlow causing these?
- Sookie (Anna Paquin) gets cranky with Niall (Rutger Hauer) because he thinks she isn’t scared of Warlow
- Willa is either gathering info for her father, or a VERY good liar. It seems she’s Team Vampire – and more so, Team Eric’s Blood when she owns up to the fact her mother kissed a vampire and liked it. She then tries to seduce him in his coffin. Either way, she will make an excellent
hostagenegotiating tool between Eric and Willa’s dad, Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard)
- Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and Tara (Rutina Wesley) are annoyed at Eric for taking Willa hostage. Eric spends a great deal of time in this episode yelling at them – am I the only one loving this dynamic?
- Crap – it’s Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian)! He’s been taken to the mysterious ‘camp’ – which turns out to be some sort of
concentration camplaboratory for learning more about vampires
- Oh, and double crap – it’s Steve’s wife, Sarah (Anna Camp). Boy does she have some unresolved break up issues to sort out with Steve! Best scene of the night though.
- Sam (Sam Trammell) gets help from Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell). Which turns out to be a bit of a double-edged sword later on in the episode…
- *SCREAMS* It’s Ginger (Tara Buck)! Who’s glad this ditzy blonde is back? And she’s just as confused as ever. After being coerced into letting Eric, Willa, Pam and Tara into her house, she then proceeds to give them all a place to stay, answers Eric’s phone when she shouldn’t have and then has to side-track the Gov. when Eric’s untraceable phone is miraculously traced. Shit, hope Ginger isn’t the one Brian Buckner was talking about!
- Billith (Stephen Moyer) can walk in the sun – oh look, no he can’t! Was is just me, or was this the funniest scene of the night? Delusional much, Bill?
- Niall pays a visit to Club Fairy – it’s been attacked! Is Ben (Robert Kazinsky) okay? Or am I not the only one who is starting to think that maybe Ben is Warlow? Or at least being glamoured by Warlow? Niall is tasked with sending the only remaining living family back home. Oh, and why is that blood glowing like that? He takes some home to show Sookie and Jason
- Speaking of; Sookie and Jason are having a heart to heart about Jason’s racist ways
- Andy (Chris Bauer) and Holly (Lauren Bowles) get a bit of a look in this week. Oh, and Andy’s fairy kids are now pre-teen – and Billith finds out about them.
- Alcide (Joe Manganiello) lies to the cops about having Emma (Chloe Noelle). So does Rikki (Kelly Overton) and Martha (Dale Dickey). Then Rikki becomes even more unlikeable when she forces Emma to shift into a puppy so the police don’t find her
- Oh look, Sam’s an owl!
- Ben and Niall meet. There’s some wicked talking between the lines going on in that conversation and then Ben pledges his alliance to Team Sookie. So Ben is good? Or is Niall an adherent to the adage ‘keep your friends close, but your enemies closer‘?
- Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) dons a naughty schoolgirl costume and attends the lecture of Hido Takahashi (Keone Young). It seems he can synthesize human blood
- Speaking of blood – Billith wants Sookie’s hybrid human-fairy blood. He thinks it will save the vampires from the sun-meeting vision he had in Episode 2. I guess Andy’s kids are the back-up plan…
- Nicole tries to get the werewolves on her side – it’s no surprise it ends badly. At least it gives Sam a chance to rescue Emma. And remember what I said about the double-edged sword? That comes into play here…
- Tara steals Willa
- Warlow makes an appearance. Oh wait, no, that’s just Nora (Lucy Griffiths)!
- But is Jason dead???????
Did anyone else think Episode 3, You’re No Good, fly by waaaaaaay too quickly? Yeah, me too – can’t WAIT for HBO’s True Blood Episode 4, entitled At Last!
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
January 17, 2013
Spoilery Details Can Be Found In New Character Descriptions
Season 6 of the HBO series True Blood has begun filming the ten episodes that will air this summer. While no start date has been announced, it’s rumored June is a safe bet. New show-runner Mark Hudis announced the production is casting two new characters as series regulars. It’s possible that dedicated fans can read between the lines of the descriptions to glean hints and spoilers of what’s to come in Season 6.
The first of the two characters lands on the evil side of things. Crooked politician, Creighton Burrell, has no love for vampires. Burrell’s wife abandoned him and their daughter when she ran off with a vampire. As the Governor of Louisiana, Burrell often lets his personal ambitions overpower his humanity.
The second of the new characters is ‘do-gooder’ Nicole Jannsen. Nicole is a key member of group of well-meaning activists. Nicole herself has no concerns for money and worries only about doing the right thing.
“When the show returns, we’ll be introduced to a cockeyed optimist named Nicole Jannsen who runs with a (no pun intended) pack of civil rights activists in the (pun intended) vein of the 1960s Freedom Riders. Unfortunately for the lot of ’em, their good intentions aren’t necessarily backed up by a whole lotta common sense.”
Since no casting decisions have been announced, who would be on your True Blood acting dream team? If you could cast anyone you wanted in both roles, who would it be?