Help True Blood’s Carrie Preston Make the Last Episode of ‘Darwin’
October 4, 2013 by Rachel Tsoumbakos
Trubie Fans Can Donate to KickStarter:
Darwin is an original webseries directed by Carrie Preston (who plays Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur in HBO’s True Blood) and created by Christopher Gerson, Karl Kenzler and Lynn Rosen. Preston is currently raising awareness for this series in a bid to complete the final episode. Recently, she took to Facebook with the following message:
Carrie Preston also released the following statement on why you should help fund Darwin:
I felt inspired to bring DARWIN to the screen because I fell in love with the very flawed, wonderfully specific and heartbreakingly funny characters. I wanted to take the elevated language in the script and match it with a directing style that was equally heightened. So I created a palate of shots and points of view that allow the audience to find intimacy with the characters and at the same time experience the slightly off-kilter nature of them.
Fans who help out via the KickStarter campaign not only get the sense of achievement gained from helping the cast and crew get this series finished, but the other incentives also include:
- a digital download of Season 1
- access to premium content on the Darwin website
- a limited edition postcard signed by Carrie Preston
- a personalized Facebook thank you video from the cast
- a personalized shout out on Twitter from two time Tony nominee Celia Keenan-Bolger
- a Twitter shout out from Hemlock Grove’s Dr. Johann Price (played by Joel de la Fuente)
- for True Blood fans, Carrie Preston will give a person shout out while on set!
You can help fund this KickStater project by clicking here.
You can view the promotional video below:
Source: KickStarter– Darwin: The Series
(Photo Credits: KickStarter.com/Carrie Preston Facebook page/The Vault screen print)