True Blood Finale: A Look Back on… Villians
August 24, 2014 by Rachel Tsoumbakos
Who Would You Rate as the Best And Worst Villains from HBO’s True Blood?
With HBO’s True Blood fast coming to a close, I thought I’d rate the best and worst True Blood villains!
- BEST: Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp). Over and over again Sarah has plagued the show, always bringing her warped sense of religious righteousness along with her for the ride. She even outlasted her husband, Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) – no easy feat since he became a vampire in the end. However, it is her tenaciousness and lack of whiny little spinelessness her husband possessed that has made her the top villain we love to hate so much.
- WORST: Mr Gus (Will Yun Lee). Mr. Gus had potential. Anyone who Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) and his progeny, Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) are happy to side with have got to have something going for them after all. However, no one is really sure – Mr. Gus included – if he is even a bad guy. Sure he has the Yakuza backing him up but there just hasn’t been enough plot development for us to really fear him.
- BEST: Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare). The guy ripped out a newsreaders beating heart while they were reading the news. On TV. With millions of people watching. Did Russell care? Oh no, he did not.
- WORST: The Ifrit. Really HBO, a smoke monster? And now Bill (Stephen Moyer) is dreaming of Sookie (Anna Paquin) having babies that look suspiciously like mini-Ifrits. Oh HELL no!
- BEST: Rene Lenier (Michael Raymond-James) Also known as Drew Marshall. Back in Season 1 of True Blood there was a real murder mystery going on. And, for fans of Charlaine Harris’s books (on which True Blood is based), we all just sat back and watched and waited. We knew how shocked people would be when they worked out sexy Cajun Rene, hubby to waitress Arlene (Carrie Preston), was the one murdering cats and grandmothers alike.
- WORST: Bill/Billith (Stephen Moyer). So Bill Compton drank the blood of Lilith (Jessica Clarke) and became Billith. Still not really sure how he un-became Billith, but that’s okay. Maybe that’s the real reason his Hep-V is so virulent now?
So who are your best and worst True Blood villains ever? Let us know by commenting below!
You can also check out TVLine’s list of villains they love to hate to refresh your memory by clicking here.
Source: TVLine – True Blood’s Best & Worst Villains
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)