True Blood Quickie: True Blood Season 6 Episode 8 “Dead Meat” Recap
August 6, 2013 by Rachel Tsoumbakos
So what did you think of HBO’s True Blood Season 6, Episode 8, entitled Dead Meat? There sure was a lot going on and there is a definite feeling of impending doom building towards the True Blood finale in two weeks time.
This was a better episode than last week’s and I will certainly be hard pressed to pick only a few quotes for my meme’s post later in the week.
This is what went down:
- Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) and Billith (Stephen Moyer) have words. They go something like this: “Blah, Blah… I hate you…blah… Sookie’s hot… blah blah… Lillith’s magic… Rack off!”
- Rikki (Kelly Overton) challenges Alcide (Joe Manganiello) in a duel to the death for leader of the pack. We then have to witness Alcide beating on women. Not a comfortable scene at all, no matter how much we hate Rikki
- Oh whoops! Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) is pregnant and she doesn’t know it, but we do after Sam (Sam Trammell) sniffs at her
- Alcide and Sam are now besties. While I am over the werewolves/shifters story line, I am starting to feel sorry for Alcide having to leave his pack. This makes me a bit worried since TV shows LOVE to make you like a disliked character – right before they kill them off
- Violet (Karolina Wydra) uses Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) as a human popsicle – one which she will NOT share with the others. EVER.
- Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) needs Benlow’s (Robert Kazinsky) blood in order to save her vampire friends – but it will come at a cost. Yep, looks like Sookie’s about to become a vampire! Of course, being Sookie – even with time being of the essence – she has to wander off and discuss this with every potential suitor she can track down.
- Whoops! Who’s that hiding behind that tree when Sookie leaves Fairyland. Enter: Eric Northman – this can’t end well, I just know it!
- Damn it James (Luke Grimes)! Why are you telling
whiny little spineless biatchSteve Newlin (Michael McMillian) not to drink the blood? Why???? The horrible little turncoatSteve Newlin, in return, turns on him and dobs him into Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp). This is the episode when the sunroom from Billith’s vision starts to fill up. Very quickly Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll), Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten), Tara (Rutina Wesley), Willa Burrell (Amelia Rose Blaire) and Violet join James and Steve Newlin. Jessica promptly announces their impending doom. On a side note, that means Jason is left alone with the other vampires in gen-pop. Hope he’s going be okay…
- Sookie can’t seem to get in touch with Jason, but she has finally noticed thatNiall (Rutger Hauer) is missing
- It doesn’t matter how old a vampire is – it’s still really hard to say “Jason Stackhouse”with their fangs out
- Two week old fairies can’t drink coffee – but they will sneak out to drink alcohol with the boys!
- Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) tells Arlene (Carrie Preston) about Terry’s (Todd Lowe) two million dollar insurance policy – and that’s when Arlene works out it was suicide. She then goes on to cause havoc with the prim and proper Bellefluers over Terry’s funeral arrangements
- Billith is an ass – he promises not to kill Warlow – but only because he hasn’t synthesized his blood yet
- Sarah Newlin is possibly the best ‘character we love to hate’ when she goes ahead and thanks Jesus for helping her kill the Tru Blood rep who showed up and asked some hard questions. Although, I must say, it was the best bitch fight I’ve ever seen!
- Sam asks Nicole to stay – and she does. Line of the night goes to Nicole’s mother referring to Sam as the “silver fox” and not realising how close to the truth she actually is!
- Sookie gets pissy at her parents, announcing to them she’d rather be turned into a vampire than have to think about them. Yup, guess her mind is made up then. All that’s left for her to do is don a black gown and get the party started
- Adilyn (Bailey Noble) gets all drunk and bitten by Eric Northman
- So Sookie, having made her decision to be turned for the sake of her vampire friends, calls up Billith and they go to the cemetery. Sookie takes his hands and they disappear into Fairyland… only to find Eric has beaten them there and had a feast on Warlow. Is he even still alive? I guess we’ll just have to wait for next week to find out how badly Eric has screwed up
So, what did you think of Episode 8, Dead Meat?
Source: Rachel Tsoumbakos – IN A NUTSHELL: True Blood Season 6, Episode 8 Recap
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc./John P. Johnson)