True Blood Quickie: True Blood Season 7 Episode 2 “I Found You” Recap
June 30, 2014 by Rachel Tsoumbakos
Episode 2 (entitled I Found You) of HBO’s True Blood Season 7 starts with the scene many Trubie fans had been holding out for: the Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) and Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) sex scene! But what else happened? Let’s take a look:
- So Jason and Eric have a little chat, a little argument and then a whole heap of kissing – before Jason wakes up and realizes he’s dreaming of sex while in church!
- It turns out Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) is a better detective than Andy Bellefleur (Chris Bauer) – but that’s only because she tripped over a dead body she didn’t recognize last week. And so, after investigating the corpse, Sookie, Andy, Jason, Alcide Herveaux (Joe Manganiello), and Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell) decide to take a trip to Saint Alice.
- Lettie Mae (Adina Porter) – ever the addict – decides to visit Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) to get some V so she can see her dead daughter, Tara (Rutina Wesley) via V-induced visions. This doesn’t go so well and Lettie Mae leaves empty handed. It’s not long though before she works out a little plan involving burning her hand and working on Willa Burrell (Amelia Rose Blaire). This time she gets herself a hit of vampire blood and manages to have a drug induced vision of Tara. She finds her daughter hanging on a giant cross and draped with a snake. While she can see Tara this time round, she cannot understand what she is saying. Looks like another hit of V is called for in Episode 3!
- Sam, before leaving town, rallies the troops and they start to clean up Bellefleur’s for Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur (Carrie Preston) – if she ever returns alive. But, lo and behold, Vince (Brett Rickaby) arrives and stirs them all up and they go a hunting some guns in order to protect themselves from the Hep-V vampers. Luckily Adilyn (Bailey Noble) overhears one of the townsfolk and knows that they are just about to storm the sheriff’s station in order to get their hands on all the weapons there. So Adilyn convinces Holly’s son to go with her and they head on over to speak to Kenya (Tanya Wright).
- Meanwhile, back at Fangtasia, Arlene works out that one of the Hep-V infected vampires is actually an old school teacher of her children’s – and so the begging begins. Both Arlene and Holly (Lauren Bowles) work on the woman – it seems to work too. That is until the vampire returns announcing they have a span of 12 minutes to escape. Arlene offers up her body in order to feed Betty, their new found ally – and then Betty goes and dies on them as she is feeding off Arlene!
- But while all that is going on, Sookie and her gang are arriving at Saint Alice’s. Not only does Sookie find the house belonging to the corpse she tripped over in Bon Temps, but the woman also kept a comprehensive diary – one that reads a lot like the early love story between Sookie and Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer)! As well as learning a lot more about how Bon Temps will fare now the Hep-V vampires have their sights set on the town, there is a body pit to be found as well as the knowledge (thanks to Jason and his expert ‘ pizza forensics’) that Saint Alice was sucked dry only two and a half days earlier – and so the ticking clock of a countdown begins. Can they save Bon Temps in time?
- Adilyn manages to get to the police station before the angry mass led by Vince – but only just. Turns out it’s not long enough to clear out the guns though. To make matter worse, when the towns folk arrive, they manage to convince Kenya to turn on Adilyn and she starts handing out the wretched guns to the riled up towns folk instead!
- Now, because of this, Jessica Hamby (Deborah Ann Woll) wakes up as soon as she senses Adilyn’s precarious situation – but a lot of good that will do since it is still daylight and Jessica can’t go and find her. Instead she gets busy calling people. No one at the police station answers and neither does Sookie (since she threw her phone away in the cemetery last week). As soon as Andy returns home, Jessica is onto him and they argue before Jessica can hold him down long enough to convince him she hasn’t eaten his remaining daughter. It seems an uneasy alliance has been formed in order to find Adilyn.
- At Sookie’s house, Alcide is beat and heads off to bed. Sookie makes him shower first before dirtying her sheets – but that’s just an excuse so she can sneak out of the house and pay a visit to Bill. It seems she has a plan…
- Finally, we conclude Episode 2 of True Blood Season 7 with a cliffhanger. Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) played Russian roulette last week in order to find out the location of her maker, Eric Northman. And now she has finally found him – only to discover he has contracted Hep-V!
What did you think of this episode of HBO’s True Blood? Let us know in the comments below!
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)