True Blood Quickie: True Blood Season 7 Episode 3 “Fire in the Hole” Recap
July 7, 2014 by Rachel Tsoumbakos
- What are we doing in a yoga retreat? Are we even watching True Blood? *checks remote* Oh, lookie, it’s Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp)!
- Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) have a chat which results in Pam admitting she felt Tara Thornton’s (Rutina Wesley) true death and a flashback to 1986 about the birth of Tru Blood.
- Alcide (Joe Manganiello) works out Sookie (Anna Paquin) is missing and tracks her to Bill’s (Stephen Moyer) house. But they aren’t there because they are driving to wherever it is Sookie needs to be in order for her plan to work.
- Adilyn (Bailey Noble) and Holly’s son are sitting in jail – flirting and kissing until Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) and Andy Bellefleur (Chris Bauer) arrive and rescue them.
- Sam (Sam Trammell) has a heart to heart with the reverend before heading off with his vampire bodyguard. They bump into the riled up towns folk and it all goes pear shaped from there. Sam loses his vampire to a bullet and his clothes thanks to the fact he has to turn into an owl and escape in a hurry.
- Willa (Amelia Rose Blaire) gets her invitation rescinded thanks to bringing home a V affected Lettie Mae (Adina Porter).
- Lafayette Reynolds (Nelsan Ellis) and James (Nathan Parsons) gets wasted and the tentative beginnings of an attraction are formed – even if James does insist him and Jessica are together (even if they aren’t particularly ‘together’).
- Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) wants a family with Violet (Karolina Wydra) – even if they have to adopt. Needless to say, Violet is not impressed with this idea. Luckily Andy and Jessica arrive during this awkward moment and they are on a mission to save Sookie from the crazy towns folk.
- Back at Fangtasia it seems the Hep-V infected vampires need another feed and take Holly (Lauren Bowles) along with them.
- Sookie and Bill are sitting in a clearing waiting. It seems Sookie has placed herself as bait. While they wait they chat. Sookie fesses up to the fact that Alcide loves her more than she loves him.
- Jason’s group are on the hunt for Sookie. Instead they find Sam’s abandoned car. Before they can worry Sam has been killed, the towns folk descend on them. It gets heated. As a result it’s R.I.P. Mrs. Fortenberry (Dale Raoul). Jessica gets hit with a bullet but it hurts, not kills her.
- We get a Bill flashback which doesn’t really advance the story line any but it’s nice to see Bill as a human I guess.
- We also get another Eric and Pam 1986 flashback. It seems Eric once had to make a choice between his human love (Sylvie) and his progeny (Pam). Not sure what any of this has to do with Season 7, but, once more, it’s nice to see backstory on some of our favorite vamps.
- Back to 2014 and Eric is trying to convince Pam to leave and let him die. Pam is smarter than that and lets slip that Jason let Sarah Newlin live. Oh look Eric now has a mission – it’s a road trip!
- Speaking of Sarah. It seems she still has a taste for men in power and is currently in bed with her yoga guru. Fortune shines on her when she leaves the room to fetch a bottle of wine. It seems the company that makes Tru Blood is also on the hunt for Sarah. While her guru lover admits he knows her, he doesn’t let slip that she is merely a room away. He loses his head as a result.
- We finish this episode with Sookie finally attracting the Hep V vamps – along with a dazed Holly. A bloodbath ensures with Sam, Alcide, Jason, Andy, Jessica and Violet arriving all at once and attacking the Hep-V vampires. Some of the townsfolk also show up. As a result, Alcide is shot. And killed. Seriously a horrible moment. Sookie is devastated.
What did you think of Episode 3 of True Blood Season 7? Let us know in the comments below!
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)