True Blood Quickie: True Blood Season 7 Episode 5 “Lost Cause” Recap
July 21, 2014 by Rachel Tsoumbakos
- Kenya (Tonya Wright) is dead! Yeah, totally missed that last week.
- Willa Burrell (Amelia Rose Blaire) is pissed as hell at Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) and wants to be released. Eric strikes a deal with her; tell him everything she knows about Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) and he will. Turns out Sarah is in Dallas – and she has a sister who is a vampire!
- Poor Ginger (Tara Buck) – she’s a sex slave to Eric, but without the sex. No matter now much she begs, Eric will neither take her to Dallas with them or have his wicked way with her.
- Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) returns to an empty house with an empty heart – lucky Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) is there, ready to throw her a big party – is this the feast that Riley Smith (Keith the vampire) was hinting at? Lafayette wants a celebration of Alcide’s (Joe Manganiello) and Tara’s (Rutina Wesley) lives rather than a gloomy funeral. Alcide’s dad, Jackson (Robert Patrick), agrees with Lala, right after he bags up all of Alcide’s stuff (until Sookie is ready to deal with it).
- Sarah’s sister, Amber Mills (Natalie Hall), has Hep-V – and wants her sister dead, so agrees to help Eric anyway she can. Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) totally wants wants to be besties with this vamp now.
- Lettie Mae (Adina Porter) wants to go to Sookie’s party but her husband won’t let her go on account of all the booze and vampire blood. Can anyone say allergy pills? He is sleeping like a babe in no time.
- Bill (Stephen Moyer) has a whole heap of civil war flashbacks while at the party. It seems he was a southern deserter who ended up fighting rather than risk his family anymore. Interestingly, we learn that Jane Bodehouse (Patricia Bethune) is a descendant from the saloon owner in Bill’s time.
- Violet (Karolina Wydra) spends this entire episode being unlikable. This results in Jason (Ryan Kwanten) ending up in the arms of Jessica (Deborah Ann Woll) again. And why would Jess let that happen? After all, she has a boyfriend, right? Wrong. Turns out she caught James (Nathan Parsons) in the… erm… back seat of her car with Lafayette.
- But at least she made up with Andy Bellefleur (Chris Bauer) before the party when to hell for her.
- Speaking of Andy, he finally proposes to Holly (Lauren Bowles). Of course this is totally the funniest awkward proposal ever. Thankfully Holly says yes – even if it is before he even has a chance to pop the question!
- Eric and Pam dress the part of socialite republicans before attending the gala event that Sarah Newlin’s parents will be attending. Turns out Eric is now at Stage 2 of Hep-V. He is stoic about it – even if Pam is barely holding it all together.
- Keith turns up at Sookie’s party and Arlene (Carrie Preston) goes all gaga over him. Sookie steps in to remind Keith to turn his sexiness down and he lets Sookie know that Arlene is the prettiest thing he has seen in 300 years – and that he will see her later on in her dreams.
- After that, Sookie and Arlene chat about losing loved ones to stray bullets and Alcide’s dad listens in before leaving Alcide’s jacket behind for Sookie to find once everyone has gone.
- Lettie Mae arrives right at the end of a speech Jackson is giving in honor of his son. Lala tries to send her home but Sookie asks if Lettie Mae would like to say a few words about Tara. Which she does – with grace – is she finally changing?
- Bill seems sad throughout this entire episode.
- Sookie is drunk and in everyone’s head after that. Seems everyone loves Sookie now. That is until she overhears something Lettie Mae is muttering. Something about Willa and vampire blood… Oh no! Lettie Mae stabs Willa before Sam (Sam Trammell) can step in and stop her. Willa is okay – she’s a vampire after all – but Lala takes his aunt away before she can do anymore harm.
- Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) is totally not down with celebrating the dead and after much putting up with it all, finally cracks. Sam has to take her home.
- Back in Dallas, and we find Sarah has holed up her mother in the ladies and is attempting to get back into her good books. Seems the Yukuza incident a few episodes ago has really shaken up Sarah. Meanwhile, Eric has glamoured Sarah’s dad. But before he can get any information out of him the damn Yukuza arrive and start shooting, so it’s R.I.P. Mr and Mrs Newlin. Sarah is running for her life after that – and runs straight into Eric Northman! Before he has a chance to strangle the life right out of her, he has to take out the Yakuza. Wonder if Sarah will be spared – she might even be able to help out with a cure for Hep-V? Seems we’ll have to wait until next week to find out.
- Finally, we end this episode with Bill getting out of the bathtub. Oh no, now we know why he was all mopey at Sookie’s party – he has Hep-V too!
So, what did you think of Episode 5 of True Blood Season 7? Let us know in the comments below!
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)