True Blood Quickie: True Blood Season 7 Episode 6 “Karma” Recap
July 28, 2014 by Rachel Tsoumbakos
Here’s what went down in Episode 6 (entitled Karma) of HBO’s True Blood Season 7:
- Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) is exhausted but still puts in a good fight with the Yakuza. That is, until Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) is revealed; chained and held captive. So then it’s ‘Hello, countdown to dawn.’
- Jessica Hamby (Deborah Ann Woll) overhears Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) and finds out he has Hep-V. When Bill leaves to sort out his will, Jess calls Jason (Ryan Kwanten) for moral support. Turns out Jason is post-coital with Violet (Karolina Wydra) – see, we just knew she wouldn’t go down without a fight! Jason thinks Violet is asleep, but, oh no, she’s not. She trashes the place after he leaves.
- Bill spends a LOT of time at his lawyers office in this episode. It seems every infected vamper wants to put their affairs in order. Bill’s dose of Hep-V is doing weird things too. It seems to be an accelerated version – oh no. But, eventually Bill gets his turn and discovers that, thanks to Governor Burrell’s (Arliss Howard) law changes before he was spectacularly beheaded by Bill in Season 6, he can’t set his affairs straight – looks like Gov. Burrell got his revenge then! In order to sort out the mess, Bill will have to adopt Jessica rather than will her his estate. This will take time though, and more than Bill has. Apparently the lawyer can fast track Bill’s court proceedings – for 10 million cool ones! So Bill tries to glamour her into submission rather than being extorted. When that doesn’t work he kills her and her vampire protector. Way to go Bill!
- Finally we get to meet True Blood’s new bad guy, Gus (Will Yun Lee). Turns out he runs Yakanoma Corporation. These are the guys who make Tru Blood. And since Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) infected the supply, the poor guy is broke. So he arrives with only three minutes to spare before dawn to strike up a deal with Eric and Pam. It seems he wants Sarah’s head on a spike. After Eric and Gus haggle over the fine print, Pam finally jumps in and talks some sense – right as their faces are starting to burn! A deal is finally brokered.
- So what of Sarah Newlin? Seems she is as predictable as Pam thought, and heads straight for her sister’s house. Amber (Natalie Hall) jumps right on her and attempts to feed off her, but gets sick and passes out instead. When Amber finally comes too, the sisters have it out and Sarah fesses up to the fact there was a Hep-V antidote! YAY! *fist pumps the air* The only problem is she DRANK it, therefore making her the antidote. Yikes!
- Andy (Chris Bauer) busts his daughter, Adilyn (Bailey Noble) in bed with Holly’s (Lauren Bowles) son, Wade (Noah Matthews). Turns into an argument between him and Holly, one which Arlene (Carrie Preston) has to sort out later on. Things go a little pear-shaped though when Holly and Andy go to talk to their kids and find out they are actually at Fort Bellefleur rather than at home. Uh-oh, I have a bad feeling about this.
- Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) has a hangover. That doesn’t stop her brother from turning up and getting her out of bed to go and visit Jess. Once there, Jessica spills the beans about Bill and Sookie has a moment when she realizes Bill ingested her blood recently. Could she be the one who infected Bill? After a trip to the doctors and much soul searching with Jason, it turns out she might have.
- Meanwhile, with all this soul searching, Jason realizes he needs to dump Violet and goes home to tell her right away. Only to discover how badly she has trashed the house. She has also left him a note breaking it off. Really Violet? What happened to all the ‘You are mine‘ business? Something just isn’t sitting right…
- Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) and his Aunty Lettie Mae (Adina Porter) decide to drink James’ (Nathan Parsons) blood. Lala is doing this to disprove the visions Lettie Mae has been having. Except they totally wind up in the exact same trip and Lala is now convinced Tara (Rutina Wesley) is trying to tell them something when they wind up at her childhood home with Tara digging up the backyard. What is she looking for? We don’t find out, however, as Lettie Mae’s husband turns up to spoil their fun. In the end, Lettie Mae tells him where to go and I can feel a flashback scene coming on sometime soon…
- Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell) gets an ultimatum from Nicole (Jurnee Smollett-Bell). Seems she wants him to stop being the Mayor of Crazy and go live with her family instead. Wonder which option Sam will pick?
- Remember how I thought something was up with Violet? Seems she is hankering for a taste of fairy. She has tracked down Adilyn and Wade at Fort Bellefleur and tells them about a ‘safe house’ she can take them to rather than them risking a vampire attack out there in the open. Oh crap, Adilyn.
- Eric, Pam and Gus arrive at Amber’s house – to find she is completely healed. Oh, yeah baby!
- Bill returns home to find Sookie and Jessica sobbing over his Hep-V.
What did you think of Episode 6 of True Blood? Let me know in the comments below!
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)