True Blood Quickie: True Blood Season 7 Episode 8 “Almost Home” Recap
August 11, 2014 by Rachel Tsoumbakos
Here’s what went down in Episode 8 (entitled Almost Home) of HBO’s True Blood Season 7:
- Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) really does decide to be a martyr and walks outside to meet her destiny. Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) nearly does the wrong thing by wanting to rip her head off but luckily Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) is there to
threaten himtalk some sense into him and danger is averted. Eric does sup on Sarah’s blood though and is instantly healed of Hep-V.
- Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) and Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) are curled up in bed enjoying the afterglow when Sookie decides it would be a good time to dredge up the past. It seems Bill was meant to bring Sookie back to Queen Sophie Ann (Evan Rachel Wood) as a breeder, since the queen had gotten wind of another queen’s (Queen Mab of the fairies) plan to abscond all the fae out of the human world.
- Tara Thornton’s (Rutina Wesley) story line gets wound up. It turns out all that digging in the garden of the their old house was to draw attention to the fact that Lettie Mae (Adina Porter) needed to forgive herself so the pair of them could move on – Lettie Mae, in life, and Tara, in death. *cries into her tissues at all the loose ends being wound up*
- Hoyt Fortenberry (Jim Parrack) and Bridgette (Ashley Hinshaw) discover they may not be as perfect for each other as they first thought. It seems Hoyt realizes his family is messed up enough not to want to pass on the family genes. As a result, when Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) gets the text from Violet (Karolina Wydra) saying she is holding Jessica Hamby (Deborah Ann Woll) hostage and takes off, Bridgette joins him. Because of course you would go into extreme danger rather than have a fight with your boyfriend…
- So Jason gives her a gun and heads into Violet’s freaky house of hell. It doesn’t take long for Violet to attack him, tie him up and describe exactly how she plans to kill every one – and it turns out she was weirder than anyone even thought! Luckily Hoyt followed them there though so he can shoot Violet dead and save the day. Oh, and look at all the glances between him and Jess. It seems glamour can’t put the fire out on their attraction. Seems Bridgette can spot it a mile off too. My prediction is Jess and Hoyt will get back together (especially after the little chat Jason and Jess have in the car later in this episode) and Jason will hook up with Bridgette.
- While Sarah’s blood has healed Eric, it seems Mr. Gus (Will Yun Lee) is hesitant to release it directly to the general vampire public yet. It seems her blood does too good a job, he wants to dilute it down a bit first, so that vampires will have to purchase more than one bottle of Nu Blood in order to stay alive.
- Eric arrives at Bill’s (how did he know she was there and not at her house?) and tells her about his lack of a Hep-V status. Sookie breaks the news that Bill is now sick. Eric is sworn to secrecy over the cure though and asks Sookie to sit tight and wait. Of course, this doesn’t happen *rolls eyes* and Sookie tracks down Eric at Fangtasia. As soon as she arrives she works out she’s in huge danger from Mr. Gus and the Yakuza so when Eric offers to glamour her, she fakes it with the best of them. In the process she reads Mr. Gus’s mind and ends up finding Sarah bound and gagged in the dungeon of Fangtasia. Boy is she excited once she reads Sarah’s mind and realizes Bill can be healed!
- Hoyt goes to Bill’s during the day
because he has the hots for Jessica all over againto drop off a bag of blood and him and Jess have a bit of a chat about the loss of parents.
- Okay, just on a side note. There seems to be a lot of vampires awake during the day time in this episode. Remember when they could barely be woken in earlier seasons? Yeah, me too…
- Mr. Gus has to return to Dallas but lets Eric and Pam know they should behave while his gone – yeah, he doesn’t trust them one little bit! And so he shouldn’t, because as soon as he’s gone they are fixing to cure Bill.
- Speaking of Bill, he is having a dream about him and Sookie having a baby together – except this baby is a black smoke monster. Is Sookie pregnant with a baby Ifrit? But, anyway, Sookie wakes Bill from his nightmare and tells him the good news before dragging him back to Fangtasia’s and bumping into Eric and Pam.
- In all the time it takes to get Bill to Fangtasia, he waits until then to tell them all it is his time to die and refuses to drink Sarah’s blood – WTH?!
What did you think of Episode 8 of True Blood Season 7? Do you think Bill will end up dying? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)