True Blood Quickie: True Blood Season 7 Episode 9 “Love is to Die” Recap
August 18, 2014 by Rachel Tsoumbakos
It’s only a short recap this week as so much was wound up. But here’s what went down in Episode 9 (entitled Love is to Die) of HBO’s True Blood Season 7:
- Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) really does choose to die, it’s not just a cliffhanger. As a result both Jessica Hamby (Deborah Ann Woll) and Sookie Stachouse (Anna Paquin) are PISSED. Jess to the point that she asks to be released from Bill. Sookie to the point of slapping him silly until Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) intervenes.
- Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell) has made his decision and decided to follow the mother of his child to Chicago.
- Jessica and James (Nathan Parsons) sort out their differences and that story line is done and dusted.
- Hoyt Fortenberry (Jim Parrack) and Bridgette (Ashley Hinshaw) work out they just aren’t right for each other. As a result of this, Jess and Hoyt finally get their thing on after Jessica admits they used to be involved and it seems they are back together again.
- Poor Bridgette finds consolation in the arms of Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) – and not even in a sexual way. For the first time in Jason’s adult life he lies next to woman in bed and it stays G rated. I smell a blossoming romance here!
- Bill and Eric have words. Bill explains why he is refusing to be healed. He thinks he is bad news for Sookie, and there is probably a little of his old time religion and beliefs mixed in as well tainting his decision to meet hte true death. Eric argues with him about how Hep-V can turn you into an emo, but, in the end, Eric agrees to talk to Sookie on Bill’s behalf.
- For some reason the Yakuza have decided Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) should be a blond again – and who else should be her hairdresser but Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten)? It seems vampires will play a higher price for blond antidote hookers…
- Eric talks to Sookie about Bill and calms her down enough for her to take Bill’s call. On the way to meeting with Sookie he stops at his grave stone, which kind of scares me after watching the promo video for the Season 7 finale.
- Remember how we speculated over who will be having weird and hilarious sex in Episode 10? Well, it turns out we were right! Ginger (Tara Buck) and Eric get frisky in that throne Ginger bought all those years ago.
- Mr. Gus (Will Yun Lee), in the meantime, has returned from his trip to Dallas and now has Pam held hostage in the Fangtasia dungeon. She is hooked up to a horrible torture device and every time Eric refuses to answer, a rope is chopped and a wooden stake drops lower and lower… Thankfully Eric finally caves and tells the truth about Sookie knowing about Sarah being the Hep-V antidote. Now they want to know where she lives. Uh-oh…
- Bill finally arrives at Sookie’s house <insert credits here> WHAT?!?! NO!! Now we have to wait until next week to find out how True Blood will meet it’s true end!
*Just on a side note: did anyone else notice that Jessica is wearing what appears to be the same black dress that Sookie has on in the promo for the True Blood finale? Wonder what that all means?
What did you think of Episode 9 of True Blood Season 7? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)