True Blood Season 6 Finale: How to Throw a Last Minute Finale Party!
August 15, 2013 by Rachel Tsoumbakos
Only Days to Go to the True Blood Finale – it’s Time to Plan a Party:
Many trubies are lamenting the fact that HBO’s True Blood Season 6 is drawing to an end. With only 10 episodes instead of it’s usual 12, the time to plan a finale party for True Blood has come around a little quicker than expected!
After all, it seems like just yesterday we were planning out True Blood premiere party. Perhaps we could use the ideas from that party? Yes, you could, but if you are inviting the same people, then it’s time to think about all the new foods that have been inspired by True Blood’s Season 6.
So to entertain and surprise your friends, why not try:
- For starters, no True Blood finale party is complete without Sookie’s (Anna Paquin) gran’s pecan pie recipe. You can make one from scratch using our exclusive recipe. Or, if you are pressed for time, why not buy a ready made pie base and just cook up the pie filling?
- Why not try some raspberry liquorice dipped in chocolate? In Australia, these are called raspberry liquorice bullets – and since Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard) created vampire-stopping bullets, these red-centered treats would be a great way to represent this
- Even though you probably had these treats at the premiere party, it’s probably time to heat up more cocktail frankfurters and call them Lilith’s (Jessica Clarke) henchwomen!
- Balls of cotton candy on sticks would be a great way to represent Sookie’s magic fairy light balls
- There has been so much blood this season, so anything that is red, or can have globs of jelly added to it will help fill your table. Bite-sized pancakes topped with whipped cream and then drizzled with runny strawberry jelly is a quick way to add some bloody colour. Red velvet cupcakes are always great too!
- Our favorite screamer, Ginger (Tara Buck) was back with a vengeance in Episode 9, why not track down some candied ginger or ginger nut cookies to celebrate?
- Make fairy freckles – melt down some white chocolate, blob it down in bite-sized circles on baking paper and shake on lots of sprinkles or edible sparkle
- They may be fiddly to make, but shoe cupcakes would be a perfect addition to your True Blood finale party – just be careful not to stab anyone in the head with them!
- Extra spicy buffalo wings – say hello to Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) finally meeting the sun!
- If you have some extra time and are game enough to attempt making your own candy, why not try some bloody lollypops? It’s a great way to represent the Blood Will Spill promo poster.
- No True Blood Season 6 finale party can be complete without a case of Raging Bitch beer!
- Ditto a few cases of Tru Blood – especially considering the Hep V contamination this year. To represent this, why not drop a strawberry or blueberry in each bottle? Or to make it fun, just ‘contaminate’ a few bottles and see who ends up ‘dead’ among your crowd when Episode 10 ends.
- Want to water a large trubie crew? Then fruit punch is the way to go. Make it red, fizzy, filled with vodka and berries and stick a name tag on it that says ‘Talbot’ (Theo Alexander).
- So needles seem to be a prominent theme this year – which means it’s time for red jello shots!
- How about a drink with the name: Eric’s Bare Bottom? It this tickles your fancy, then head on over to Grapefriend.com for the recipe. You can do so by clicking here.
What do you have planned for your True Blood Season 6 finale party? Let us know in the comments below.
And to get you inspired, here’s the clip of Sookie eating gran’s pecan pie from all the way back in Season 1:
Sources: Rachel Tsoumbakos – True Blood Season 5 Finale – Gran’s Pecan Pie Recipe
How She Does? – High Heel Cupcakes! Oooh La La
FearNet – Take a Bite Out of This Bloody Lollipop Recipe
Grapefriend.com – Cocktail friend: true blood bubbles
HBO – Season 1, Episode 6
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)