May 14, 2014
Episode 1 and 2 Show the Hunt for Eric Northman Continues:
Fans of HBO’s True Blood are eager for the return of its final season on June 22nd 2014. It seems, with all the promotional items already on offer, there is one person who is glaringly absent: Eric Northman (played by Alexander Skarsgard).
The last episode of Season 6 saw the viking vampire going up in flames. Since then we have heard nothing in relation to whether or not he survives this inferno, other than showrunner Brian Buckner assuring us that he will be back for True Blood Season 7 – although he did not elaborate in what form or capacity he will be returning.
Now SpoilerTV has leaked the synopsis’ for both Episode 1 and 2 of Season 7. You can view the details below:
So few words, so much that can be taken from them!
We now have a couple of episode titles we didn’t previously have as well as confirmation that True Blood Season 7 will indeed pick up from where it ended in Season 6. However, the particularly juicy piece of information comes in the second episode when it appears we will see an episode dedicated to Pam (played by Kristin Bauer van Straten) searching for her maker, Eric Northman.
Will she find him?
Considering the first episode is committed to the attack by Hep V infected vampires (and probably we can assume this will directly involve plenty of air time spent at Bellefleurs), it would imply a certain amount of time passing. Add this to the fact that there was already a time jump from Eric bursting into flames and the attack by Hep V invected vamps, it is possible that someone else has already rescued Eric from his extreme suntan. Who could it be? And in what condition will he be in?
Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!
Source: SpoilerTV – True Blood – Episode 7.01 – 7.02 – Synopsis
(Photo Credits: SpoilerTV.com/HBO Inc.)
October 3, 2013
Trubie Fans Can Spend Halloween with Vampire Pam!
True Blood fans who live in the Tulsa area are in for a treat this Halloween with the confirmation that Kristin Bauer van Straten (who plays Pam in HBO’s vampire series) will be the celebrity guest at the annual Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Halloween Party and Costume Contest. This event is being held on October 26 2013.
In order to enter this contest as well as being able to participate in a meet and greet with Kristin Bauer van Straten, you must turn up in costume between 8-11 p.m. at Hard Rock, 777 West Cherokee Street in Catoosa. You must also be 21 years of age or older, have a Cherokee Star Rewards card as well as a valid, government-issued photo ID. Entrants have the chance to win a share of $6,000.
Let us know if you are attending (or have attended in the past) by commenting below!
Source: Tulsa World - ‘True Blood’s’ Kristin Bauer van Straten set as celebrity guest for Tulsa’s Hard Rock Halloween party
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
October 2, 2013
Help Kristin by Backing a New Movie Venture:
Fans of Kristin Bauer van Straten (who plays vampire Pam in HBO’s True Blood) are well aware of the environmental stance the actress holds. Recently she appeared on Real Time With Bill Maher: Backstage Pass with Jeremy Seifert in a bid to raise awareness for GMOs (Genetically Modified Organisms).
Many people are unaware of GMO’s and just how broadly they have entered our food chain. With little testing on their effects on humans, there is now concern these products may end up causing us harm, even though their original intent was to provide more easily accessible food. Kristin Bauer van Straten and Jeremy Seifert discuss the role of GMO’s and organics in our lives.
You can view the full video interview below:
You can support the cause by donating to the KickStater project here.
Sources: YouTube - Real Time With Bill Maher: Backstage Pass with Jeremy Seifert
KickStarter - GMO Film Project (Untitled)
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
September 1, 2013
Or Will Pam Continue Her Search For Eric Northman?
At he end of HBO’s True Blood Season 5 we saw a passionate kiss between Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and her newly made progeny, Tara Thornton (Rutina Wesley). In Season 6, with all the separation between the two of them at vamp camp and a Pam who announced early on in the season that their relationship was not going to be a love story, things looked grim for the hot new pair.
But what about in True Blood’s Season 7? Could their romance bloom now they are free from the claustrophobic environment of vamp camp? Could being able to (briefly) walk in the sun bring them closer together? Or will Pam spend the entire season looking for her maker, Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard)?
Michael Ausiello from TVLine got the opportunity to ask True Blood’s newest showrunner, Brian Buckner, about where the relationship between Pam and Tara is headed. Here is what Buckner had to say:
As the audience heard Pam say in Episode 1, life is long — especially for vampires. She also told Tara that this is not going to be a love story. But I would urge [fans] to be patient. Because if the show delivers on the audience’s expectation every week, that’s not storytelling. Where’s the surprise in that? These [story] threads can be picked up later. I want to be able to tell more interesting, circuitous stories at times and not always deliver on the junk-food promise of the show.
Well, isn’t that interesting? It seems we just have to be a little more patient in this department, but it sure sounds promising.
What do you think? Are you loving the Pam and Tara snark combined into the one relationship? Let us know in the comments below.
Source: TVLine.com - Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Once, Bones, Chicago Fire, True Blood, Parks and Rec, Dixie and More!
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
August 29, 2013
Find Out Which Shows and Movies Will Contain True Blood Regulars:
Why, check out the True Blood cast in other movies and TV shows, of course! There are plenty to pick from. We have included a list below, but we are sure we have missed some since the True Blood actors are such a talented bunch and in such high demand. If you know of any others, let us know in the comments below and we’ll add it to the list.
- Kristen Bauer van Straten (Pam in True Blood), has been cast alongside Cary Elwes in the offbeat comedy Teen Lust. This has been acquired by Entertainment One and production started in mid-August in Canada
- Janina Gavankar (Luna Garcia) has a couple of roles coming up in TV shows. Firstly, you can watch her in The Vampire Diaries, which premieres it’s fifth season on October 5th 2013. Gavankar stars as Tessa, a woman returning to Mystic Falls to rekindle an old romance. Her stint on this show starts in Episode 3. Secondly, you can see Janina in CW’s web series Husbands. She will star in the show as a trophy wife of sorts – and has possibly killed someone to that position! This certainly sounds intriguing.
- Stephen Moyer has a couple of things going on also. If you like The Sound of Music, then you’d better get excited now, since Moyer will be reprising the role of Capt. George Von Trapp in NBC’s version of this classic movie. Carrie Underwood will play Maria; the role Julie Andrews made famous. If DVDs or BlyRays are your thing, then why not pick up a copy of the newly released movie Evidence? It stars Moyer, Radha Mitchell, and another True Blood star, Dale Dickey (Martha).
- Sam Trammell (Sam Merlotte) has been cast to play Shailene Woodley’s father in Fox’s The Fault in Our Stars. In fact, Sam has been very busy of late with several other movies, so you will also need to track down: Crazy Kind of Love, The Aftermath, Things People Do and Me.
- Deborah Ann Woll (Jessica Hamby) has some movies due for release also. Meet Me in Montenegro is the first movie and Woll stars alongside Homeland‘s Rupert Friend. The second movie will be a real treat as it also co-stars Luke Grimes (who played Jessica’s romantic vampire interest, James, in True Blood Season 6. Both of these movies are in post-production.
- Nelsan Ellis (Lafayette Reynolds) is currently starring in The Butler as Martin Luther King Jr.
- Joe Manganiello (Alcide Herveaux) has just signed up for Magic Mike’s sequel. He also just finished filming alongside Arnold Schwarzenegger in the upcoming movie Sabotage.
- Rutina Wesley (Tara Thornton) will also be starring alongside another True Blood cast member, Pruitt Taylor Vince, in 13 Sins. Pruitt Taylor Vince played Dr Finn, a therapist at Vamp Camp in True Blood Season 6
- Sad to see Steve Newlin die in Season 6? Well, don’t fear, you can see Michael McMillian in the upcoming movie The Banshee Chapter. This is a supernatural thriller that follows a journalist investigating the disappearance of a friend.
- Speaking of Newlin’s – Anna Camp (who plays Steve’s ex-wife, Sarah Newlin) has a couple of TV shows coming up. Camp will play the ex-girlfriend of main character Brody in TBS’ new sitcom Ground Floor. She will also appear in Season 9 of How I Met Your Mother, playing the part of a troublesome wedding guest.
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell has just been cast in Season 5 of Parenthood. She will play the role of Heather Hall, who is the campaign manager for cast regular Kristina (Monica Potter). Parenthood will return to our screens on Thursday, September 26 2013.
- Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse) is currently soaking up the sun in Rio, but prior to that he has been very busy and has several movies in various stages of completion. Make sure you keep a look out for: Reach Me, The Right Kind of Wrong, 7500 and Knights of Badassdom.
- Tara Buck (Ginger the Screamer) also has several movies coming up: The Night Visitor, Home, My Mother is Not a Fish and Medeas. And, of course, if you’re in Australia, you can catch Tara Buck in the flesh at Club Fangtasia in November.
- Finally, remember Luna’s daughter, Emma? She was played by the adorable little actress Chloe Noelle. Recently, Noelle confirmed on Twitter that she had just signed up for a new TV show. She hasn’t said which one yet, but make sure you follow her on Twitter to find out.
Sources: Variety.com - ‘Teen Lust’ Lures Cary Elwes, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Jesse Carere
TV Line – Vampire Diaries Exclusive: True Blood’s Janina Gavankar Relocates to Mystic Falls
TV Guide - Exclusive: CW’s Web Series Husbands Adds Cast Members from True Blood, CollegeHumor
BroadwayWorld.com – EVIDENCE, Stephen Moyer Coming to Blu-ray/DVD 8/20
TV Guide - True Blood’s Stephen Moyer Joins NBC’s The Sound of Music
Global Post - ‘True Blood’s’ Sam Trammell Joins Shailene Woodley in ‘The Fault in Our Stars’ (Exclusive)
FrontiersLA.com - Here’s How to Keep Up with the ‘True Blood’ Cast
TV Line - Exclusive: It’s a Pitch Perfect Reunion as Anna Camp Guest Stars on TBS’ Ground Floor
Screen Crush – ‘How I Met Your Mother’ Final Season: ‘Office’s Ellie Kemper Out, ‘True Blood’s Anna Camp in
Huffington Post - Jurnee Smollett-Bell Joins ‘Parenthood’ Season 5
IMDb – Ryan Kwanten
IMDb – Tara Buck
Twitter – Chloe Noelle status
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
August 20, 2013
And Just HOW Much Proding Did it Take For Alexander Skarsgard to Strip off?
It appears that the True Blood fan reaction to Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) burning in flames in the season finale of HBO’s True Blood Season 6 is still the talk of the water cooler. Not only that, but many are wondering if they will even tune in to True Blood Season 7 if the tall Viking vampire is no longer present!
Well, TV Line scored an exclusive interview with True Blood’s new showrunner, Brian Buckner, and the short answer is: Eric Northman WILL return in True Blood Season 7. Here’s exactly what he had to say:
I can tell you that Alexander Skarsgard is going to be a part of the next season of True Blood. He will be a series regular.
Now that is cleared up, just how easy was it to get Alexander Skarsgard to strip down for the cameras? Well, he’s Swedish, you know, and they are usually quite comfortable with nudity, so apparently Brian Buckner didn’t have to twist his arm – not even a little bit! Getting approval for the scenes after they were shot was a piece of cake also:
Alex Skarsgard was the coolest camper in the world. There’s no conversation with him. He’s Swedish. They’re naked all the time. As a matter of fact, when I saw what we had on camera, I sent him an email that said, “We’re going to lock picture. Are you OK with this?” He said, “No problemo.” That was the conversation. It couldn’t have been easier.
As for how easily Eric Northman will recover for his extreme sunburn, this will not be a cake walk. As far as Buckner is concerned, to have Eric miraculously come out of something like this would be a cop out. And considering how long it took for Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare) to recover from his burning, we may not want to see the Viking naked again any time soon! Although, Buckner did hint at Pam’s (Kristin Bauer van Straten) possible involvement:
Pam has gone off in search of Eric, and maybe she’s going to be the one to find him, y’know?
How do you think Eric Northman will be saved from the sun in True Blood Season 7? Be as creative as you like and let us know in the comments below!
Source: TV Line - True Blood Scoop: Alexander Skarsgard’s Season 7 Fate Revealed! Plus — EP Talks That Nude Scene, Bill-Sookie-Alcide Triangle and More
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
August 19, 2013
Naked Eric and His Possible Demise is the Talk of the Internet:
Well, HBO’s True Blood Season 6 has sure been a hell of a ride for trubie fans – none other more than the finale, Episode 10 (entitled Radioactive).
So a whole day has passed since we saw that magnificent moment: Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) sunbathing in the snow while reading a book.
It was such a beautiful moment. Team Eric fans around the world squealed in delight.
Oh no! The horror! Team Eric fans are now screaming in fear as Eric Northman starts to fry. While we are all thinking, ‘oh, surely he’ll run for cover‘, HE BURSTS INTO FLAMES!
Fans around the world went into shock. Most were numb during the rest of the show. But is Eric Northman really dead? Here are the pros and cons:
- While Eric Northman caught on fire, we didn’t actually see him end up a pile of ashes. He didn’t explode either
- Wasn’t Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) looking for her maker? Could she jump in and save him in the knick of time? Would she sacrifice her own life for his in the process?
- He’s in the snow, so I have three words for you: Stop. Drop. Roll
- Snow melts when heated, could Eric Northman fall through into an underground ice cavern?
- Eric could use his super vampire speed to either run to a cave or dig a hole in the snow and bury himself
- Rumor has it that Alexander Skarsgard (along with some other cast members) are contracted on for seven seasons (this is pure speculation though and has not been confirmed by HBO or its subsiduaries)
- Russell Edgington (Denis O’Hare) successfully survived bad sunburn
- Alexander Skarsgard has a hectic movie schedule at the moment – does he have time for True Blood any more?
- He was standing there burning for such a large amount of time – how long is too long when you’re a vampire on fire?
- There’s that infamous AOL Entertainment video interview with Kristin Bauer van Straten that had her choking up over having to even think about True Blood without Eric Northman
- HBO have proven that they will certainly kill off important cast members if it is called for – can anyone remember the red wedding from Game of Thrones this year?
So, what do you think? Will Eric Northman die? Or will we see him alive and well in HBO’s True Blood Season 7? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
August 18, 2013
Kristin Talks to VH1 About Pam’s Relationship with Eric Northman:
Recently, Kristin Bauer van Staten spoke to Sabrina White from VH1 about her role as Pam de Beaufort in HBO’s True Blood Season 6. Make sure you check out the video interview below for all the tasty morsels of information about this season as well as True Blood Season 7.
- How the last scene between Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) and Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) in True Blood Season 6, Episode 9 (entitled Life Matters) went. And what Ryan Kwanten (Jason Stackhouse) and Stephen Moyer (Bill Compton / Billith) did to mess it up
- What Kristin does to get into Pam mode
- Which scene was Kristin’s favorite scene to shoot in True Blood Season 6
- Sneak peek into the True Blood finale episode: Just how important are the relationships between Tara (Rutina Wesley), Eric and Pam?
- How similar is Kristin to her onscreen persona of Pam de Beaufort? (Hint: If you follow Kristin on Twitter (@BauervanStraten) you will already know the answer to this one!)
- What Kristin Bauer van Straten loves the most about meeting True Blood fans
- Sneak Peek into True Blood Season 7. Kristin has this to say in response to what she’s been told about Season 7:
I know nothing… It drives me crazy… Every writer that I bump into… I would ask ‘What’s happening in [True Blood] Season 7 you think?’ And nothing. They wouldn’t tell me anything.
- When will the True Blood cast be back on set to start filming True Blood Season 7?
- What we can expect from the relationship between Eric in Pam in Season 7. According to Kristin:
Their relationship is very deep.
And, finally, if you would like to help Kristin Bauer van Straten raise money for the African Elephants she is so fond of, then head on over to eBay to bid on her latest painting. Yes, that’s right, not only is Kristin Bauer van Straten an actor, she is also a painter. On offer, is an original oil painting she did of cast member, Alexander Skarsgard. You can bid on the item (which only has two days left before the auction ends), by clicking on the image below:
You can watch the full video interview with Kristin Bauer van Straten and VH1 by clicking on the image of Pam below:
Sources: VH1 - Chat With True Blood’s Kristin Bauer
eBay - Oil painting by TRUE BLOOD Kristin Bauer of Alexander Skarsgard AUTOGRAPHED
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc./Kristin Bauer van Straten)
August 18, 2013
Kristin Talks True Blood:
The Season 6 Finale of True Blood is less than two days away, and Kristin Bauer van Straten(Pam de Beaufort) talks with the hosts of Good Day LA about the role of Pam, the history of her name, and her feelings on the potential departure of the beloved Eric Northman(Alexander Skarsgard).
When asked if she can confirm if Alexander Skarsgard is in fact leaving the show she relies
“I hope he doesn’t I would like to see him on the set…we’ll see.”
Check out the full interview by clicking on the image of Pam de Beaufort below!
Source: Myfoxla.com-Kristin Bauer: She Loves Being A Vampire The Most
(Photo Credit) HBO.com
August 1, 2013
Kristin Bauer van Straten Gets Upset at the Possibility of Eric Northman’s Death:
Rumors are flying in all directions again after a video interview of Kristin Bauer van Straten has emerged. In the video we see Kristin Bauer van Straten (who plays Pam in HBO’s True Blood Season 6) being asked by Billy Bush on Access Live if losing Eric Northman (played by Alexander Skarsgard) was a fear of hers.
While her response was a stock standard one that gave a way little in the clues department, her reaction was not. In the video below, you can see Kristin choking up at the possibility of Eric dying in True Blood. She is very quick to follow up with an ambiguous response:
I could cry thinking about whenever. If it’s ten years from now and I’m not next to Alex, I’ll be sad.
Earlier in the season, fans were frantically concerned about Eric meeting the true death after he commented to Backstage about the fact that humans will be the real threat to vampires in True Blood’s Season 6. He also added that he would be involved in a scene with a blood bag that was very hard for him to do. With the death of Nora (Lucy Griffiths) in Episode 7, truebie fans eased off on his demise.
Then this video arrives and the past few days of ease have evaporated and we are back to stressing about the Viking’s death all over again!
Or is Kristin Bauer van Straten getting upset because SHE’S dying in Season 6?
Who do you think will die in HBO’s True Blood Season 6? Watch the video here and then let us know in the comments below.
Source: AOL.com – ‘True Blood’ Actress Gets Choked Up Talking About Eric Death Rumors
Backstage - Alexander Skarsgård Is Still Looking for Answers
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc./John P. Johnson)