November 6, 2014
Win Copies of the True Blood Season 7 Boxset:
Want to win a copy of Season 7 of HBO’s True Blood? Then make sure you check out the following competitions celebrating the release of Season 7 to DVD and BluRay on the 10th November 2014:
First up we have a chance to win one of three copies of the Season 7 boxset on offer courtesy of Big Gay Picture Show. The details are below:
For your chance to win one of the three copies of True Blood – Season 7 on DVD that we’ve got to give away, answer the question below and fill in your details, then press submit! The competition closes on November 19th 2014, so get answering and good luck!
QUESTION: Which of these True Blood stars are married in real life?
This competition is open to UK residents over the age of 18 only. Entries close 11.59pm (UK time) on November 19th, 2014. To read the fine print on this contest or to enter, please click here.
The next competition is from Entertainment Focus and is open (once again) to UK residents over the age of 18. You can enter this competition once per day up until 11.59pm (UK time) on November 21st 2014 to increase your chances of winning, however, multiple entries per day will not be counted. You can check out the details below:
To be in with a chance of winning a copy of True Blood Season 7 on Blu-ray, just answer the question below.
Where is True Blood predominantly set?
To read the fine print on this contest or to enter, please click here.
Sources: Big Gay Picture Show – Win True Blood – Season 7 On DVD & See How It All Ends!
Entertainment Focus – Win True Blood Season 7 on Blu-ray
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
November 4, 2014
Australian Residents Can Win One of Five Season 7 DVDs of HBO’s True Blood:
For Australian fans of HBO’s True Blood, it is as simple as following Moviehole on Twitter and sending an email to win one of five copies of True Blood Season 7 (which is due for release in Australia on the 12th November 2014)!
All the details are below:
To Win :
This competition closes at 6pm on November 11
Terms and Conditions
• The competition is open to Australian readers only.
• Prizes as per details; no swapping, upgrading or cash alternative.
• Moviehole does not accept any responsibility for late or lost entries due to the internet, stock or email problems.
• Moviehole has the right to cancel the promo at any stage if they’re due to circumstances out of our control.
• Winners will be notified by mail.
While this competition may only be for eligible Australian residents, it seems the UK is getting creative with its advertising when it comes to promotion of the new release of the complete box set of True Blood Seasons 1-7. A man dressed in nothing but fangs, red shorts and a whole lot of blood was seen strolling through the streets of London recently:
Let us know if you are entering this competition, or if you saw Billith roaming the streets of London by commenting below!
Sources: Moviehole – True Blood – Season 7
FanCarpet – Bloody Bill Compton spotted in London to celebrate the Home Entertainment releases of HBO’s True Blood: The Final Season and Complete Seasons 1-7 Boxset
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc./TheFanCarpet.com)
August 21, 2014
Is Sookie Stackhouse Just One of God’s Mistakes?
Here we have it: the very last sneak peek video of HBO’s True Blood EVER! In this video we find Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) questioning whether God makes mistakes, and wondering if maybe she is one of them.
Under the sneak peek video, we have some new release promo stills from Episode 10 (entitled Thank You) of True Blood Season 7.
Also, don’t forget to place your bids on your fave True Blood props and costumes in the ScreenBid auction that is running right now. Currently, Eric Northman’s (Alexanderskarsgard) throne has reached $7,700 dollars, but if that is out of your budget, there are still plenty of items priced around the $100 mark.
Finally, don’t forget that you can’t have a True Blood finale without some of Gran’s home-baked cooking! Why not whip up Adele Stackhouse’s (Lois Smith) famous pecan pie that Sookie sobbed over in Season 1? You can find the recipe by clicking here.
Synopsis (revised slightly from the one displayed in previous articles):
Sookie Stackhouse weighs a future with and without Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer). Eric Northman and Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) embark on a new enterprise, while Sarah Newlin (Anna Camp) faces the consequences of her actions. Sam Merlotte (Sam Trammell) embraces his new life; Andy Bellefleur (Chris Bauer) comes upon an unexpected inheritance.
Sources: YouTube – True Blood Season 7: Episode #10 Clip (HBO)
HBO – Programming Schedule
Hypable – ‘True Blood’ series finale preview: Is Sookie a mistake?
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc.)
August 20, 2014
A Recipe to Get You in the Mood for the True Blood Finale:
So here we are, at the very end of HBO’s True Blood and we are crying like Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) did after her Gran died all the way back in Season 1. In tribute of this sad event, I am reposting my recipe for Gran’s Pecan Pie, so all you truebies can cry into their pie while watching the True Blood Season 7 finale!
Gran’s Cryin’ Pecan Pie
1 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
113grams cold, unsalted butter, chopped
1/2 tsp cinnamon
395gram tin sweetened condensed milk
60grams brown sugar
2 tsps Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur (or 1 tsp of vanilla extract)
1/4 cup maple syrup
Pecan halves, to decorate
- Add all the pastry ingredients to a food processor and whiz until totally combined.
- Grease a pie dish and, using your fingers, press out the pastry dough until smooth.
- Bake in the over at 340 degrees Fahrenheit
- Add all the pie filling ingredients (except the eggs) to a pan and heat on a medium temperature until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking quickly to prevent them cooking unevenly.
- Turn the heat back on to low and whisk until the mixture thickens into custard.
- Pour into the pie crust and decorate with pecan halves
- Refrigerate until set and serve with either whipped cream or ice cream
- Enjoy! (But don’t forget to cry while eating it.)
If you are making this pie, why not take a photo or video of you crying into it, and post it (or the link) in the comments below!
Source: Rachel Tsoumbakos – True Blood Season 5 Finale – Gran’s Pecan Pie Recipe
(Photo Credits: HBO Inc. & Rachel Tsoumbakos)
August 19, 2014
Here’s Your Chance to Bid on Eric Northman’s Throne:
Just a quick reminder that in a few short hours True Blood fans will have the opportunity of a lifetime when ScreenBid opens their True Blood props and costumes auction. Many items are on offer and are being added to daily. The list includes:
- Eric Northman’s (Alexander Skarsgard) throne
- Fangs owned and used by various vampire actors (including Stephen Moyer)
- Sookie Stackhouse’s (Anna Paquin) white sundress from Season 1
- That yellow sweatsuit Pam (Kristin Bauer van Straten) wore when she went to ground with Tara (Rutina Wesley)
- A Merlotte’s menu
- Jason Stackhouse’s (Ryan Kwanten) deputy uniform
- Maryann’s (Michelle Forbes) wedding dress from Season 2
- Alcide’s (Joe Manganiello) leather jacket
- Ms. Suzuki’s (Tamlyn Tomita) shoes (yes, the ones that were used to kill her)
- Tara’s bloody vamp camp outfit
- A “True Death” puddle of bloody remains
These are just a few of the many, many items on offer.
Source: ScreenBid – True Blood Auction (#1000069)
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
August 16, 2014
Mr. Gus’ Necklace is Inspired by Alma Katsu’s The Taker Trilogy:
If you have noticed the awesome necklace worn by True Blood’s Mr. Gus (Will Yun Lee) and coveted it, then why not take the opportunity to win a replica of this great piece? The necklace itself is designed by Janet Cadsawan, who designs many pieces of jewelry inspired by literary works (including Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander, EL James’ Fifty Shades of Grey and Deborah Harkness’ Discovery of Witches trilogy). This particular piece is inspired by Alma Katsu’s The Taker trilogy – a series Charlaine Harris herself has read and enjoyed! If you want to learn more on this series of books, you can click here. If you want to enter the contest, then all you need to do is email Alma Katsu at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The lucky winner will be notified after the competition closes at midnight ET on August 19th 2014. The complete set of rules are as follows:
CONTEST RULES: One entry per person. Contest is open to US only: the prize must be sent to a valid US mailing address. Not responsible for items lost or stolen in shipping. Contest ends at midnight ET on August 19th and winner will be chosen via random number generator. Winner will be notified by email within 24 hours of the end of contest and has 72 hours to respond to claim prize. If the winner does not respond within 72 hours a new winner will be chosen, and the same rules will apply.
Source: Alma Katsu – Win a Vial necklace – AS SEEN IN TRUE BLOOD (Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
June 22, 2014
True Blood Season 7 Merchandise Giveaway:
Want to get your hands on the awesome new True Blood Season 7 poster from HBO? You know the one with Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) with a bloody tear? Yeah, me too! TrueBloodNet has 15 of these posters to giveaway, so welcome to the world’s easiest True Blood contest!
All you have to do to win a poster off our website is comment below. Please include your email address so we can contact the 10 lucky winners (drawn at random).
For Twitter fans, just head on over and follow @TrueBloodNet and keep an eye on their tweets during the week. As soon as we announce the weekly True Blood phrase, get ready to retweet! (Hint: You might want to check out this tweet to get you started 😉 ) Once again, there will be a weekly winner drawn at random and notified via direct message on Twitter.
How simple is that?!
So, all that is left for you to do now is pick your platform (website or Twitter) and you are ready to roll.
*PLEASE NOTE: This competition is open to US RESIDENTS ONLY*
August 15, 2013
Only Days to Go to the True Blood Finale – it’s Time to Plan a Party:
Many trubies are lamenting the fact that HBO’s True Blood Season 6 is drawing to an end. With only 10 episodes instead of it’s usual 12, the time to plan a finale party for True Blood has come around a little quicker than expected!
After all, it seems like just yesterday we were planning out True Blood premiere party. Perhaps we could use the ideas from that party? Yes, you could, but if you are inviting the same people, then it’s time to think about all the new foods that have been inspired by True Blood’s Season 6.
So to entertain and surprise your friends, why not try:
- For starters, no True Blood finale party is complete without Sookie’s (Anna Paquin) gran’s pecan pie recipe. You can make one from scratch using our exclusive recipe. Or, if you are pressed for time, why not buy a ready made pie base and just cook up the pie filling?
- Why not try some raspberry liquorice dipped in chocolate? In Australia, these are called raspberry liquorice bullets – and since Governor Burrell (Arliss Howard) created vampire-stopping bullets, these red-centered treats would be a great way to represent this
- Even though you probably had these treats at the premiere party, it’s probably time to heat up more cocktail frankfurters and call them Lilith’s (Jessica Clarke) henchwomen!
- Balls of cotton candy on sticks would be a great way to represent Sookie’s magic fairy light balls
- There has been so much blood this season, so anything that is red, or can have globs of jelly added to it will help fill your table. Bite-sized pancakes topped with whipped cream and then drizzled with runny strawberry jelly is a quick way to add some bloody colour. Red velvet cupcakes are always great too!
- Our favorite screamer, Ginger (Tara Buck) was back with a vengeance in Episode 9, why not track down some candied ginger or ginger nut cookies to celebrate?
- Make fairy freckles – melt down some white chocolate, blob it down in bite-sized circles on baking paper and shake on lots of sprinkles or edible sparkle
- They may be fiddly to make, but shoe cupcakes would be a perfect addition to your True Blood finale party – just be careful not to stab anyone in the head with them!
- Extra spicy buffalo wings – say hello to Steve Newlin (Michael McMillian) finally meeting the sun!
- If you have some extra time and are game enough to attempt making your own candy, why not try some bloody lollypops? It’s a great way to represent the Blood Will Spill promo poster.
- No True Blood Season 6 finale party can be complete without a case of Raging Bitch beer!
- Ditto a few cases of Tru Blood – especially considering the Hep V contamination this year. To represent this, why not drop a strawberry or blueberry in each bottle? Or to make it fun, just ‘contaminate’ a few bottles and see who ends up ‘dead’ among your crowd when Episode 10 ends.
- Want to water a large trubie crew? Then fruit punch is the way to go. Make it red, fizzy, filled with vodka and berries and stick a name tag on it that says ‘Talbot’ (Theo Alexander).
- So needles seem to be a prominent theme this year – which means it’s time for red jello shots!
- How about a drink with the name: Eric’s Bare Bottom? It this tickles your fancy, then head on over to Grapefriend.com for the recipe. You can do so by clicking here.
What do you have planned for your True Blood Season 6 finale party? Let us know in the comments below.
And to get you inspired, here’s the clip of Sookie eating gran’s pecan pie from all the way back in Season 1:
Sources: Rachel Tsoumbakos – True Blood Season 5 Finale – Gran’s Pecan Pie Recipe
How She Does? – High Heel Cupcakes! Oooh La La
FearNet – Take a Bite Out of This Bloody Lollipop Recipe
Grapefriend.com – Cocktail friend: true blood bubbles
HBO – Season 1, Episode 6
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)
June 12, 2013
Get Inspired With These Easy (But Bloody) True Blood-Inspired Ideas:
There are only a few days dragging by until June 16th and the Season 6 premiere of HBO’s True Blood. While #WaitingSucks, it also gives you the opportunity to get your premiere party sorted ahead of time.
Normally I reserve gran’s pecan pie recipe for the finale, so I can cry along like Sookie (Anna Paquin) did in Season 1, but there are plenty of other ideas to whet every truebie’s appetite!
For starters there are a couple of great recipe books out dedicated entirely to True Blood-inspired cuisine:
True Blood Drinks & Bites is the newest recipe book on the market, but there is also True Blood: Eats, Drinks, and Bites from Bon Temps. NotQuiteNigella.com also offers a sumptuous spread that will moisten your creative juices. Heck, even Charlaine Harris offers a recipe for the infamous Chocolate Cake that Caroline Bellefleur makes for special occasions in the Southern Vampire Mysteries books (the series which inspired HBO’s True Blood.) You can find that recipe (along with several more) in Harris’ The Sookie Stackhouse Companion.
While all these recipes are awesome, there are still plenty of creative ideas left to inspire your True Blood premiere party.
- Why not use Talbot (Theo Alexander) as inspiration and make jello or fruit punch in a crystal candy jar? If you have any gummi body part treats or chocolate eyeballs left over from Halloween, even better.
- Speaking of Talbot – remember when he served blood as soup? Tomato soup would be great, but, as an alternative, why not try chilled beetroot soup?
- Layfayette (Nelsan Ellis) is known for his special burger recipe at Merlotte’s. While burgers are unwieldy at a party, why not make Lafayette meat balls? Dunking little wooden toothpicks in red food colouring (bloody stakes) completes the ensemble.
- Hot dogs dipped in plenty of tomato sauce (using more bloody stakes of course) – say hello to Billith!
- Of course, thanks to the emergence of all the fairies in Bon Temps in Season 5, why not serve the kindergarten classic: fairy bread?
- When thinking of True Blood inspired food, it’s a MUST to serve red velvet cupcakes. (Well that’s my excuse anyway!) But why not #ShowYourFangs and add some candy teeth to the top? Or, alternatively, try some bloody splatters of red food colouring thickened with corn syrup.
- Did you know that you can purchase food grade plastic syringes (without the needle top, of course)? These can be filled with Tru Blood jello shots and left in a bowl (or you can re-use Talbot if everyone has finished with the fruit punch).
- Did the jello shots make you thirsty? Well, the classic Tequila Sunrise goes perfectly with Arlene’s (Carrie Preston) hair.
- STILL thirsty? My fave Tru Blood cocktail involves Tru blood, vodka, triple sec and lemon juice. At Club Fangtasia, they call that a Plasmapolitan!
Have you got any other suggestions? Let me know by commenting below!
Sources: Rachel Tsoumbakos – TRUE BLOOD WEEK: What’s on Your Premiere Party Menu?
Amazon – True Blood: Eats, Drinks, and Bites from Bon Temps
Amazon – True Blood Drinks & Bites
Amazon – The Sookie Stackhouse Companion: A Complete Guide to the Sookie Stackhouse Series
Not Quite Nigella – A True Blood Dinner Party!
Rachel Tsoumbakos – True Blood Season 5 Finale – Gran’s Pecan Pie Recipe
Club Fangtasia – Website
(Photo Credits: Rachel Tsoumbakos/HBO Inc.)
May 20, 2013
Hypable.com Have a True Blood Drinking Contest:
Want to win your very own copy of True Blood, Season 5 on DVD or BluRay? Then head on over to Hypable.com and get involved in their drinking game competition. All you have to do is think up a rule for their True Blood drinking game and leave your suggestion in their comments to go into the draw.
If you can’t think of anything, don’t worry, you can also enter their Rafflecopter giveaway to also go into the draw for the same prize.
But you need to hurry as the Rafflecopter event finishes in 4 days!
Source: Hypable.com – Create a ‘True Blood’ drinking game rule, win season 5 on DVD/Blu-ray
(Photo Credit: HBO Inc.)